Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT

+2
johnny211
AirLog
6 posters

Go down

CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT Empty Caregiver recognition benefit

Post by bog6 Wed 30 Oct 2019, 22:09

Yesterday i was tracking my Caregiver recognition benefit and it was now in progress..today i was looking around and decided to check in on it and now it says Withdrawn....what the heck is that..its my first application??? Will have to call on Monday I guess..

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT Empty Re: CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT

Post by By the Bay Sat 07 Sep 2019, 16:57

SDSNJF wrote:My spouse was approved for Caregiver Recognition Benefit but they only back dated her two or three months. This woman has been taking care of me since 2015, she got me out of the deepest darkest whole I had ever been in. I wouldn't be alive without her.

Is there way to have it back dated?

Also, we live in a town house so groundskeeping is already done by the company we rent from, however house keeping and such would be a huge relief to her.

Will applying for VIP be beneficial to her? Will they take away her caregiver benefit?

Thanks

My Uncle Jack receives VIP and CRB for my Aunt Nicky.
I received both VIP and Attendance Allowance.

For my family, the VIP has been very beneficial.
My husband wakes up every morning at 05:30 and attends to our animals on hobby farm.
He leaves for his full time job at 07:00.
Returns home from work at 18:45 where he heads to the barn to finish up on his farm chores.
And...He has dinner on the table by 20:20.
He can not be expected to clean our house, mow the grass, and shovel the driveway in the winter.
My VON nurse shows up during the day only to administer my medication...so my Attendence Allownce pays for my VON service and my VIP pays for our cleaning lady, yard maintence guys and my lunch meals with our local Meals on Wheels Program.

PS....my husband was not working at the time when my Case Manager applied for my VIP.
My CM noticed that we needed help and applied for us. She also set up my Meals on Wheels when my husband returned to work because he was no going to be home to prepare my lunches.
Hope this make sense....new medication is making my brain alittle fuzzy.
Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sat 07 Sep 2019, 13:29

Unfortunately it is only back dated to date of application and that goes for most benefits of VACs benefits. The VIP question I'm not sure about but would be interested in knowing too.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SDSNJF Sat 07 Sep 2019, 12:03

My spouse was approved for Caregiver Recognition Benefit but they only back dated her two or three months. This woman has been taking care of me since 2015, she got me out of the deepest darkest whole I had ever been in. I wouldn't be alive without her.

Is there way to have it back dated?

Also, we live in a town house so groundskeeping is already done by the company we rent from, however house keeping and such would be a huge relief to her.

Will applying for VIP be beneficial to her? Will they take away her caregiver benefit?

Thanks

SDSNJF
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Wed 05 Jun 2019, 22:55

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Wed 05 Jun 2019, 00:18

AirLog,

A BIG CONGRATS! I was rooting for you and I am so happy that it all worked out for you! It was my pleasure helping out and as always my door is always open to you or anyone who needs help.

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 04 Jun 2019, 17:23

Airlog - Congrats. I felt the same way when I did my nurse assessment for my Attendance Allowance. Us Vets are mostly private, and don’t care for folks in our space. And you are so right on Big Rex. He has helped so many on here, BZ, VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2019, 16:33

Bob Dylan, Times are a changing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

Congrats AirLog

Back to top Go down

CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT Empty CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT

Post by AirLog Tue 04 Jun 2019, 15:16

Hello everyone,

First off I would like to say thanks to everyone who provided me with advice and guidance with respect to my Caregiver Recognition Benefit (CRB) application. Definitely a big shoutout to Bigrex and By the Bay. They are always providing a wealth of information and guidance to all who ask.

In March 2019, I applied for CRB. Earlier this month VAC asked to send a third party (contracted) Field Nurse to my house for an assessment. I was very reluctant as I am a very private person and don't like anyone prying into my life. After having some discussion about this with Bigrex and By the Bay, I was convinced that it wouldn't be that intrusive and in my favour to have the assessment. With that said, I proceeded with an assessment by a VAC Field Nurse. I must say that I was throughly impressed with this Field Nurse. She sat with me for 1.5 hours and asked me every question that you can think of about my medical conditions and how they effect my day to day living. Very professional person and easy to work with. Within one week of this visit my CRB application was approved.

The lesson that I would like to pass on to one and all is don't be apprehensive of VAC wanting to assist you. In my case, I found that all the VAC personnel that I had any interaction with in regards to my CRB application and the Field Nurse were all extremely professional and treated me with the utmost respect. I truly believe that they had my best interests at heart. So if in doubt, give VAC the benefit of the doubt and let them do their job and let a Field Nurse into your house to assess you. It is in your best interest.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down