Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the steps going through VAC for PTSD?

4 posters

Go down

What are the steps going through VAC for PTSD? Empty Re: What are the steps going through VAC for PTSD?

Post by Tireddad Wed 24 Jul 2019, 06:36

Thanks Johnny.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2019-07-23

Back to top Go down

What are the steps going through VAC for PTSD? Empty Re: What are the steps going through VAC for PTSD?

Post by johnny211 Wed 24 Jul 2019, 05:25

TireDad - Hi and welcome to the Gp. In my case, after I received the initial 10%, then continued with my pscy, then went on Voc Rehab. After my crse, I started working, all the while doing pscy appts. But my ptsd was pretty bad at that point, and I had to leave the job. So for me it was probably close to 2 years, before I was deemed DEC, and got the other % on my mental issues. And that was back 5 yrs ago when the wait times where pretty good. So it’s hard to say in Yr case. Hope this helps a bit.
   As Bigrex said, it will be along process. But ensure you keep up on Yr self care, pscy, massage, yoga, etc. I have been on cbd and thc oils for the past 2 yrs. These have been a great help for me personally.
Johnny Out,,VVV

Last edited by johnny211 on Wed 24 Jul 2019, 05:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong word)
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Tue 23 Jul 2019, 23:03

Thanks rusty. About the only thing I can think of right now to ask you guys is from your first assessment to the end, how long is that usually? And what is a typical final percentage for PTSD claims? Other than that, I guess I will see how things go with my therapist.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Tue 23 Jul 2019, 22:45

Hopefully you gel with your therapist. Give it a couple of visits, and if you get along, great. If not, it’s your well-being, not theirs. Change if you have to. It can be a long process to work through shit. Think of a rifle or something left out for along time. Lots of care required to get it in working order again. Lots of us on here have been dealing with both Vac and our own issues for years, so if you have any questions just ask. I wish you well on your journey

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Tue 23 Jul 2019, 21:04

The OSI clinic typed up the claim and completed the paperwork and sent it all into VAC. I’m pretty sure all of it will be processed as one claim. But, other than that I’m unclear what all I have to do still, how long this entire process will take and what amount I may or may not get.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 23 Jul 2019, 20:15

You will need to submit a disability claim, for each diagnosed medical condition. If approved, they will pay an initial 10% for PTSD, until undergoing treatment, then do a final assessment. The rest may be a very long process.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

What are the steps going through VAC for PTSD? Empty What are the steps going through VAC for PTSD?

Post by Tireddad Tue 23 Jul 2019, 15:17

Hey guys,

I have gone through the stabilization series with my local OSI clinic.
I have also had my first assessment with a psychiatrist. He diagnosed me with ...
PTSD
Major depressive episode
Insomnia disorder
Binge eating disorder

I meet with my psychologist in 3 weeks to start my therapy.

What’s next? What should I expect and what other things will happen?

Thanks

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down