Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP Disability and the Income Replacement Benefit

+7
Nemo
BinRat
propat
johnny211
45jim
Paratrooper
Teentitan
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

CPP Disability and the Income Replacement Benefit Empty Re: CPP Disability and the Income Replacement Benefit

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 02 Jan 2020, 21:48

Six-Actual wrote:An therein lays the challenge. We all know there are CM's who work outside their scope of practice. They push their own agenda, based on their assumptions of how they think a veteran should respond to various forms of treatment or certain vocal commands.

It's akin to navigating a minefield.

And that is exactly why CSAT exists. To help veterans through all the nonsense. But, if we dwell on what we already know, we will lose sight of the goal.
it’s not dwelling on what we know that is the harm, it is not sharing what we know to other vets here who are navigating that minefield for the first time.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

CPP Disability and the Income Replacement Benefit Empty Re: CPP Disability and the Income Replacement Benefit

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jan 2020, 19:44

An therein lays the challenge. We all know there are CM's who work outside their scope of practice. They push their own agenda, based on their assumptions of how they think a veteran should respond to various forms of treatment or certain vocal commands.

It's akin to navigating a minefield.

And that is exactly why CSAT exists. To help veterans through all the nonsense. But, if we dwell on what we already know, we will lose sight of the goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 02 Jan 2020, 14:33

Six-Actual wrote:That has been established long ago.

The next step is opening your mind and thinking outside the box.

You can remain in the past where we assumed VAC and government policy was wrong.

Or you can take solace in that fact and work beyond it.

Confirming our own suspicions is satisfying. But, at some point we have to move past that.

And when we do, there is nothing can stop that momentum.
I’m not talking about there not being enough Case Managers, l talking about some of the ones hired who are incompetent. And how is realizing VAC policy is wrong, “living in the past?”, if anything it’s a liberating to have the wool no longer pulled over ones eyes.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jan 2020, 04:01

That has been established long ago.

The next step is opening your mind and thinking outside the box.

You can remain in the past where we assumed VAC and government policy was wrong.

Or you can take solace in that fact and work beyond it.

Confirming our own suspicions is satisfying. But, at some point we have to move past that.

And when we do, there is nothing can stop that momentum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 01 Jan 2020, 21:23

Six-Actual wrote:Well, this is my last thought on everything tonight.

Micro, Macro and Mezzo.

Bottoms up.
oh, so we’re talking about the lack of qualified Case Managers now?,lol
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2020, 20:46

Well, this is my last thought on everything tonight.

Micro, Macro and Mezzo.

Bottoms up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 01 Jan 2020, 20:30

Six-Actual wrote:Income replacement provides 90% of your gross pre-release military salary while you are participating in Rehabilitation services. This ensures a pre-tax income of at least $48,600 per year.

Unknown, besides your numbers being off you are assuming the average veteran will receive the lowest benefits.
as I said, my numbers were approximates,
it’s not just about the “top up”, it’s the jobs VAC expects an injured vet to take, don’t forget, if they refused  based on pride, VAC will take away that IRB. I was in an air port one time and I saw a now injured veteran I once served with, who was fairly high up the chain during the years I served, but there he was emptying the waste cans around the airport. When our eyes met l could see the humiliation on his face, as he quickly made an about turn and went the other way. VAC fails to bend when considering a soldiers self worth, this is evident in their rehab policy when they site that lack of childcare availability etc will not be considered.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2020, 20:17

The problem is and always will be a 3-tierd benefit structure for Canadian veterans.

This is the issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2020, 20:09

Income replacement provides 90% of your gross pre-release military salary while you are participating in Rehabilitation services. This ensures a pre-tax income of at least $48,600 per year.

Unknown, besides your numbers being off you are assuming the average veteran will receive the lowest benefits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 01 Jan 2020, 19:59

Six-Actual wrote:It's gross salary.

And you can't conflate any one particular veterans situation with the overall situation of veterans.

Trudeau for example backpedaling on his election promise to not pursue veterans in court, cannot be compared to any one veterans personal experience with veterans affairs.
so take home from approx 33000 would be around $25000 a year or a little over $500 a week , I’m sure there are lots of “ shit-jobs” out there that pay that rate, plus the veteran is injured, lots of dignity floating around. I only site that one story because it’s posted on line, but I’m sure there are many similar stories, not every vet is part of this group. But I’d love to hear from a vet who took the vocational rehab and landed an awesome job comparable to their time in service..?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2020, 18:39

It's gross salary.

And you can't conflate any one particular veterans situation with the overall situation of veterans.

Trudeau for example backpedaling on his election promise to not pursue veterans in court, cannot be compared to any one veterans personal experience with veterans affairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 01 Jan 2020, 18:25

Six-Actual wrote:Suitable Gainful Employment (employability) means employment for which the Veteran is reasonably qualified by reason of education, training and experience and that provides a monthly rate of pay equal to at least 66 2/3 per cent of the imputed income of the Veteran.

In layman's terms, if your job offer doesn't meet the above criteria, you do not have to accept it.
the example I made was deliberately absurd, but let’s suppose 66% of say 50000, was a job paying $33000...is that before or after taxes, there are some pretty demeaning jobs out there for ex soldiers with no skills. Like that “ success story” off the ovo site about the vet, an ex air traffic controller,who did vocational rehab training, and VAC dictated that he become a custom broker, which consisted of him, studying some books and writing an exam that cost $500 and off you go. But if you refuse it VAC shuts down the guys finances, real class act.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2020, 15:29

Suitable Gainful Employment (employability) means employment for which the Veteran is reasonably qualified by reason of education, training and experience and that provides a monthly rate of pay equal to at least 66 2/3 per cent of the imputed income of the Veteran.

In layman's terms, if your job offer doesn't meet the above criteria, you do not have to accept it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 01 Jan 2020, 14:36

AirLog wrote:Unfortunately, they don't/won't see you equally out of commission. Each one has different criteria for their particular benefit. CPPD is based on being unable to work at any job, whereas DTC is how your disability effects your Basic Activities of Daily Living. DEC is also something completely different from CPPD and DTC. Each one is looking at something different on how your illness/physical limitation(s) effect your life.

I wish that they all were looked at as one. It would make it much easier to apply and get accepted. At least each agency should share information and base their approval on considering the other benefits.

Not going to happen any time soon so make sure you have all the necessary medical information and apply for them all. Do your research before applying to ensure that you put your best application forward.

AirLog
l get all that , I’m just saying it’s odd that a CPPD would look at a person missing both legs and an arm and say “ you’re not suited for any employment”, but VAC/DEC would look at the person and say “ you can still hold the door open for shoppers  at Canadian Tire with your one good arm , therefore you’re employable”.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Tue 24 Dec 2019, 18:39

Unfortunately, they don't/won't see you equally out of commission. Each one has different criteria for their particular benefit. CPPD is based on being unable to work at any job, whereas DTC is how your disability effects your Basic Activities of Daily Living. DEC is also something completely different from CPPD and DTC. Each one is looking at something different on how your illness/physical limitation(s) effect your life.

I wish that they all were looked at as one. It would make it much easier to apply and get accepted. At least each agency should share information and base their approval on considering the other benefits.

Not going to happen any time soon so make sure you have all the necessary medical information and apply for them all. Do your research before applying to ensure that you put your best application forward.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next