Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CF Monthly Superannuation Deposits (Your regular CF Pension)

3 posters

Go down

CF Monthly Superannuation Deposits (Your regular CF Pension) Empty Re: CF Monthly Superannuation Deposits (Your regular CF Pension)

Post by eodtech Thu 26 Dec 2019, 15:18

Yeah...it's been a while since I needed to talk to the Pension Office...and when I did...I called VAC who informed me they have nothing to do w/pension anything. So they....were the ones that gave me the secret squirrel # to the Pension Office. I had forgotten that when I typed that.

eodtech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2018-02-19

Back to top Go down

CF Monthly Superannuation Deposits (Your regular CF Pension) Empty Re: CF Monthly Superannuation Deposits (Your regular CF Pension)

Post by bigrex Thu 26 Dec 2019, 15:11

eodtech wrote:Nice touch from VAC. Just like in Dec 17.

Ok, I was just making sure, because the quote above makes it look otherwise.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by eodtech Thu 26 Dec 2019, 01:15

Yeah...I know that. I have the CF Pension office on speed dial.

eodtech
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 26 Dec 2019, 00:15

Mine was deposited as well, along with my wife's paycheck, which was also scheduled to be deposited on Friday. The transaction dates for both of them, was still listed as the 27th though. So I think this was more the bank, releasing the funds earlier than told, versus anything the CF pension office did. And EOtech, just so you know, VAC has no control over the CF superannuation paymant. Just so you don't call the wrong people, if something ever goes wrong with your payment.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eodtech Wed 25 Dec 2019, 23:40

Yes. Strangely enough...so was mine. Nice touch from VAC. Just like in Dec 17. I hope this will be a continual stream for all the rest of my Decembers.

eodtech
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Wed 25 Dec 2019, 18:39

CF pension was deposited last night ... have to admit .. I believe this is the first time I have ever received Military pension before Xmas

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by eodtech Tue 24 Dec 2019, 13:48

bigrex wrote:The CF pension deposit doesn't change, even at Christmas. So it will be deposited on Friday, the 27th.

In terms of the VAC benefits, they are deposited on the second last business day, of each month. But in December, it is always deposited before X-mas. Last year it was deposited on the 21st, IIRC.Not only is this because VAC pretty much shuts down over the holidays, but many Veterans may need that money, to either purchase last minute gifts, or because gift buying, has left them short on cash.

As I said, the only year that it was deposited early...was Dec 17. Maybe someone screwed in a nice way that year and thought mine was a MEDICAL pension. It wasn't. It's just a regular CF Pension. It was nice to get it on the 23rd that year though.

eodtech
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 24 Dec 2019, 11:46

The CF pension deposit doesn't change, even at Christmas. So it will be deposited on Friday, the 27th.

In terms of the VAC benefits, they are deposited on the second last business day, of each month. But in December, it is always deposited before X-mas. Last year it was deposited on the 21st, IIRC.Not only is this because VAC pretty much shuts down over the holidays, but many Veterans may need that money, to either purchase last minute gifts, or because gift buying, has left them short on cash.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

CF Monthly Superannuation Deposits (Your regular CF Pension) Empty CF Monthly Superannuation Deposits (Your regular CF Pension)

Post by eodtech Mon 23 Dec 2019, 20:28

I'm well aware this is the SISIP/LTD thread, but I couldn't find EXACTLY where to post this observation. And it's only an observation.

VAC puts out a yearly calendar of the monthly dates yer pension will be deposited. It's stated as 3 days before the end of the month. So, except for Feb, it'll pretty much be the 27th or 28th. (Wknd/Stat dependant.) And it's been bang on every year. Except Dec 17. Instead of a deposit on 27 or 28 Dec that year...it was deposited 23 Dec...for some (nice) reason. But the years before and since...no. 3rd day before the end of the month.

Last year on this date...and today...I checked my acct. Nothing. I'm kinda hopin it might be in tomorrow. Not holding my breath tho.

Sorry about not finding the correct Forum space. And as I say...just an observation.

eodtech
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down