Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reassessment

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reassessment  Empty Re: Reassessment

Post by Gunner8 Fri 24 Jan 2020, 16:42

Thanks six-actual. I’ve only spoken to my psychiatrist 2
times, that was in the past 2 weeks, via telephone. In the process now of getting approval to claim travel to go see him in person. I know it will be a slow process, I figure the sooner I get this going, the better!!

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2020, 12:45

Sounds like a good place to start Gunner.

Just keep in mind that it's a slow process. If you haven't seen a mental health professional for a while, it will take time to gather the necessary evidence and paperwork.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 24 Jan 2020, 12:33

I called today and asked for a reassessment, they said I’m not eligible until January 2021. I told them I feel my condition has worsened significantly and that is like to be reassessed. So she told me they have to send papers to get review and stuff and the determine if I can get early reassessment. So I’m gonna talk with my doctor and psychiatrist and hopefully get their supper for reassessment.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2020, 05:49

Gunner8 wrote:Okay thanks. I will call them tomorrow.

The 8-10 month I haven’t been seeing my psychiatrist, I was dealing with a move and a divorce. And I even think I ignored my ptsd symptoms at times because eveything that was going on in my life. But I now have reached out to my psychiatrist and have had 2 appointments, I’m in the process of changing medications, but I know this is the worse I’ve ever felt. My symptoms have never been this bad. Your opinion, do you think it’s worth to try for a reassessment now if I only just started seeing my psychiatrist again? Will they ask why I wasn’t seeing him the last 10 months?
I am DEC also. My case manager basically disappeared!!

Gunner

I'm in no position to offer my opinion about your circumstances. I think it's ill advised for anyone to weigh in on someone else's life without knowing all the facts. And even if I were privy, I still think it's dangerous territory to wade through.

That being said, you can request a reassessment anytime you have new evidence to support your claim.

Back to top Go down

Reassessment  Empty I dont know if this is the same form but I found this post on fb

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 23 Jan 2020, 20:42

“I had an interesting visit from a Senior Veteran who has tried to get his reassessment forms. He has called VAC spoke to his Case worker. No help. Sent an email on his VAC account and got back this it will take VAC 4 to 6 months to get the forms sent.  We regret we don’t have enough people to send off this form any earlier. Thank him for his Service.  I read this and said really. The form is not available online. Is there anyone else having this problem? Is there anyway to get this reassessment form any other way?”
If they are talking about departmental review that’s $#@#$)(*&
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 23 Jan 2020, 20:11

Okay thanks. I will call them tomorrow.

The 8-10 month I haven’t been seeing my psychiatrist, I was dealing with a move and a divorce. And I even think I ignored my ptsd symptoms at times because eveything that was going on in my life. But I now have reached out to my psychiatrist and have had 2 appointments, I’m in the process of changing medications, but I know this is the worse I’ve ever felt. My symptoms have never been this bad. Your opinion, do you think it’s worth to try for a reassessment now if I only just started seeing my psychiatrist again? Will they ask why I wasn’t seeing him the last 10 months?
I am DEC also. My case manager basically disappeared!!

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2020, 16:44

Okay, call VAC and request the forms. I couldn't find it either. I'm sure it was there before. Even when I use the search field I can't find it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 23 Jan 2020, 16:26

No. That form is not in my Vac account 🤷🏻‍�

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2020, 16:21

Did you get it sorted out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 22 Jan 2020, 21:21

I can’t find it on my Vac account, not sure why!!

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2020, 21:15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 22 Jan 2020, 20:54

Is their a specific application I have to fill out on my Vac account? I can’t remember which one I filled out before? And I don’t see anything their that says anything about reassessments.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 17:06

You're welcome gunner. Good luck with your application.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 17 Jan 2020, 15:26

Okay thanks for your help. I will look into that ASAP.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 13:22

There's always a case manager on duty (like an Officer of the Day) at VAC that can help you with the process.

A district manager usually doesn't interact with veterans and at this stage it doesn't seem like you need to go that route. I was able to talk to a district manager, because I raised hell when my CM stood in the way of the reassessment process and I also contacted the Ombudsman's office.

But, from my point of view it seems like you just need to get the ball rolling with VAC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next