Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can a veteran be in receipt of. Both AA and VIP?

2 posters

Go down

Can a veteran be in receipt of. Both AA and VIP? Empty Re: Can a veteran be in receipt of. Both AA and VIP?

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 12 Sep 2020, 11:40

johnny211 wrote:Unknown Soldier - No mine did not get reduced. It sounds like reading yr msg, that if you get personal care in VIP, then yr AA will be reduced. I do not have personal care right now. But maybe someone else here can clear this up. VVV
thx, that’s helping , they must have said “ personal care” 10 times in that message but I blanked out and had tunnel vision because in my mind all l was seeing is, if you apply for and get accepted for AA you lose your VIP 2 months later”, which is not what it says I guess, under a clear mind. Good to know now, but frightening to initially read
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Can a veteran be in receipt of. Both AA and VIP? Empty Re: Can a veteran be in receipt of. Both AA and VIP?

Post by johnny211 Sat 12 Sep 2020, 06:55

Unknown Soldier - No mine did not get reduced. It sounds like reading yr msg, that if you get personal care in VIP, then yr AA will be reduced. I do not have personal care right now. But maybe someone else here can clear this up. VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 11 Sep 2020, 21:19

johnny211 wrote:No not correct. I have had VIP for over 15 yrs. And 2 yrs ago I got AA. You have to be under the old PA system prior to 2006. I’m under all 3 systems, which makes things confusing at times. VVV
Attendance Allowance Recipients

Personal care services provided by non professionals/unregulated workers are available to eligible clients under two programs: the VIP and/or Attendance Allowance under the Pension Act.
If a client is receiving Attendance Allowance, the maximum amount available for personal care services under VIP cannot exceed 59 days per calendar year. A "day" is defined as the actual personal care service needs of a client within a 24 hour period. For example, one client may require two hours of personal care service per day, and another client may require eight hours of personal care service per day. Both of these cases would be considered a "day".
A client who has applied for Attendance Allowance may continue to receive up to the maximum yearly amount for personal care VIP services until a decision is made on the Attendance Allowance application.
Once a client receiving personal care services under VIP is approved for Attendance Allowance, the client may continue to receive VIP personal care services for a maximum of 59 days, from the date of approval of Attendance Allowance to the end of the calendar year.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Johnkim1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 11 Sep 2020, 21:13

johnny211 wrote:No not correct. I have had VIP for over 15 yrs. And 2 yrs ago I got AA. You have to be under the old PA system prior to 2006. I’m under all 3 systems, which makes things confusing at times. VVV
was your VIP reduced because of it?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 11 Sep 2020, 19:23

No not correct. I have had VIP for over 15 yrs. And 2 yrs ago I got AA. You have to be under the old PA system prior to 2006. I’m under all 3 systems, which makes things confusing at times. VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Can a veteran be in receipt of. Both AA and VIP? Empty Can a veteran be in receipt of. Both AA and VIP?

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 11 Sep 2020, 16:24

I read something on line about vets with the Independence Program losing it after 59 days if they are found to be in need of Attendance Allowance, as if it cancels the other payment out. Does that sound right?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down