Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearing and Tinnitus claim

+2
Teentitan
Iceman
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hearing and Tinnitus claim - Page 2 Empty Re: Hearing and Tinnitus claim

Post by Teentitan Thu 22 Oct 2020, 11:03

It seems hearing claims/applications are pretty well streamlined to be mostly in favor for the veteran so I'd say it's worth a shot.

My hearing aid clinic submitted all the paperwork for me, hearing aids and hearing loss with tinnitus. Got the hearing aids in a week or two and the claim for tinnitus and hearing loss (very similar to your hearing loss and tinnitus) was approved in about 2 months.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Hearing and Tinnitus claim - Page 2 Empty Hearing and Tinnitus claim

Post by Iceman Wed 21 Oct 2020, 19:33

Quick question for those that might know, or who have the wisdom of the ages

I finally, after 25+ years post release went for a hearing test, after my dr referred me, as I was complaining about ringing.
Ringing has been there since release, and is getting worse
Trade was airforce, weapons and on the flight line a lot

With PTSD (suppressed until a few years ago) I refused to admit issue to myself

The audiologist found significant hearing loss in the upper frequencies, as well as tinnitus, and recommended I apply to VAC as she felt it was the cause
The total of the decibal loss on the 4 frequencies as they measure it is 100 on one ear, 90 in the other

Do I stand a chance?

My release had H1 on the release test,  however on 1 frequency on 1 ear it was was >25. (Was 30)
I remember complaining about the static, and told there was nothing wrong with the machine (this was in 92, and can’t be confirmed)

Just asking for general ideas. In progress but will probably take the usual 6 months to eternity for a response

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2