Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BC Insurance Disability Discount & Fuel Discount

2 posters

Go down

BC Insurance Disability Discount  & Fuel Discount Empty Re: BC Insurance Disability Discount & Fuel Discount

Post by Dove96 Wed 06 Jan 2021, 04:01

My initial claims were processed through the Forces and were deemed not directly caused or exacerbated in the active zone. (They were on-going before and after.)
I was hoping there were people out there that new more about the situation in BC and the disability discounts.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

BC Insurance Disability Discount  & Fuel Discount Empty Re: BC Insurance Disability Discount & Fuel Discount

Post by Teentitan Tue 05 Jan 2021, 14:27

In the list of reasons for discounts the one for military states: "You receive a 100 per cent disability pension through active service in any war while a member of Her Majesty's forces."

Dove before you go any further you should get the above phrase (any war) defined by the BC gov't.

I've seen these kind of "discounts" before and the word 'war' is always the catch-22 word that favors the government and business' that offer these kinds of discounts.

Hell 'war' is even a catch-22 for veterans! In the eyes of the law/courts unless a sitting government officially declares 'war' on another country any conflict with a country is just that a 'conflict'.

We call it Gulf War, Afghan War but they are both UN or NATO sanctioned conflicts in the eyes of the judicial system.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

BC Insurance Disability Discount  & Fuel Discount Empty BC Insurance Disability Discount & Fuel Discount

Post by Dove96 Tue 05 Jan 2021, 14:01

I recently moved to BC and researching the disability discounts for insurance and gas hoping they apply to me. (My car insurance went up by $1500 so every little bit helps.)
In the list of reasons for discounts the one for military states: "You receive a 100 per cent disability pension through active service in any war while a member of Her Majesty's forces."
Though I am considered 100% disabled (a total of my disabilities) none can be attributed to my time in "conflicts".
Is there any help out there that knows the rules and how to apply them or am I out of luck?
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down