Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest on back pay on granted claim

2 posters

Go down

Interest on back pay on granted claim Empty Re: Interest on back pay on granted claim

Post by 1993firebird Tue 09 Nov 2021, 08:10

I am aware of the class action lawsuit. What I am saying is that there is no interest given on the back pay for a granted claim when I claim goes through appeals processes and the whole length of time takes 2 years for example. Only back pay is given for those 2 years , no interest on those 2 years.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Interest on back pay on granted claim Empty Re: Interest on back pay on granted claim

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 08 Nov 2021, 21:10

Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Nov 2021, 18:41

I am not making myself clear here. I have been dealing with veterans affairs since 2003 and I have had many claims that involved back pay. Many claims since 2003 until 2021 not one claim going back to 2003. Of all the many claims , I have never received any interest on the back pay.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 08 Nov 2021, 17:55

1993firebird wrote:Oh I see the mistake I made here , my first post says back pay , I meant interest on back pay.
if they’ll only go back 3 years on injuries that may be 2 decades old I can’t see a veteran winning that argument in court for interest on back pay, though isn’t their a group lawsuit still in play about miscalculation of vet benefit payouts going back to 2004 or something like that?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Nov 2021, 17:30

Oh I see the mistake I made here , my first post says back pay , I meant interest on back pay.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Nov 2021, 17:28

I have been dealing with veterans affairs since 2003 and to my memory I have not received interest on any of my several back pay claims. My memory is bad but I do not remember seeing back pay interest on the breakdown of the back pay amount.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 08 Nov 2021, 17:16

There is ...or at least there was, last time l had a claim found to be favourable, but they only go back 3 years regardless of when the injury actually occurred
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Interest on back pay on granted claim Empty Interest on back pay on granted claim

Post by 1993firebird Sat 06 Nov 2021, 19:02

Due to the length of time for a claim to be determined , there should be back pay on a granted claim.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down