Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAF Has NO HOPE

2 posters

Go down

CAF Has NO HOPE Empty Re: CAF Has NO HOPE

Post by Kramer Sat 15 Oct 2022, 14:29

Teentitan wrote:You are correct about taking care of the veterans to improve CAF.

After 2006 when the NVC was introduced I realized the only way veterans are going to be treated fairly is to have VAC removed from the "political" file and let veterans take care of ourselves independently with ZERO political input.  

If the gov't wants Veterans to do something they need to do what we have to do...advocate and convince veterans we are not doing the job good enough.

This is one suggestion and I'm sure there are many with their own idea to improve care for veterans but it still boils down to what you stated Kramer...TAKE CARE OF VETERANS INSTEAD OF USING US AS A POLITICAL PHOTO OP!

To know if other options (such as yours) will work or not, can't be judged or quickly dismissed until it has been tried. But....we ALL KNOW what VAC/GoC is doing is not working! Spending more money to revisit previous studies is not only redundant and counter-productive it is a waste of money and resources just to come to the same conclusion from years previous.

If the GoC wants to save money, start spending more money (or perhaps I should use the term...investing money) into veterans instead of wasting mega bucks fighting us. Was it Sean Bruyea who sued former MVA O'Reagan $25,000.00 for defamation? The GoC lost the case, but spent over $225,000.00 because they didn't want to compensate for their/his mistake and hoped the court system would unfairly decide in their favor. How many times must us veterans prove to the GoC/VAC that we only want fairness however that may be. More often they fight us and lose....think of the millions that could go back to the veterans in need......think of all the unfairness that has claimed so many veteran lives because of despair because so many of us got tired of fighting and or didn't have the means to hire a lawyer to fight for fairness!

Once again MND Anand, CDS Eyre.......please take note....these messages are not complaints, they are arrows pointing you in the right direction.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/navel-gazing-canada-has-neglected-its-military-new-french-ambassador-says/ar-AA12YnZT?cvid=acab526729d5494aad3f7d303799b4bd

There is a lot of truths is this article.......yes Canada has become reliant on the US......because CANADA IS TOO CHEAP to spend the necessary money (on its veterans and equipment)......basic and simple Mr. Trudeau
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 15 Oct 2022, 12:33

You are correct about taking care of the veterans to improve CAF.

After 2006 when the NVC was introduced I realized the only way veterans are going to be treated fairly is to have VAC removed from the "political" file and let veterans take care of ourselves independently with ZERO political input.

If the gov't wants Veterans to do something they need to do what we have to do...advocate and convince veterans we are not doing the job good enough.

This is one suggestion and I'm sure there are many with their own idea to improve care for veterans but it still boils down to what you stated Kramer...TAKE CARE OF VETERANS INSTEAD OF USING US AS A POLITICAL PHOTO OP!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sat 15 Oct 2022, 12:00

Teen......I haven't always been tainted, negative and or cynical....the military, or more specifically, the upper echelon and management and fighting with VAC made me this way!

Back in the '90's I was on S.H.A.R.P training and the instructor was trying hard to brainwash us.  We were told (I asked a question) that if I had a girly poster (like the SNAP-ON ones you see in a garage or mechanics tool box....girls in bikinis) and I had friends from work over and a person complained to my seniors about it, it could be considered harassment because having military friends over made it "an extension of the workplace!"  How asinine is that!

When did the military start allowing Sikhs to wear Turbans and ceremonial knives on parade??!!   This is the Canadian military!  If you joined the Cdn military, one should follow the same dress rules/regs (right or wrong) as any other Canadian soldier!  I believe the only place for religion is in church should one choose to go or not!  If you want religion on the parade square (or military in general), well then cater to everyone! Don't discriminate!  This is the most blatant example of reverse discrimination along with the adage......"if they don't meet the standard, you lower it!"

Well now, more than ever the military is going out of their way to demonstrate just how much they truly cater to the minorities or squeaky wheels!  They have to have so many minorities to ensure they have sufficient representation in the eyes of the public to show "they are not discriminating" lol OMG....even if they are so under educated/qualified and the laziest sack of poop with zero drive what so ever!  Are we that dumb and blind?? A prime example of lowering standards!

With the military modifying the dress code to such a laughable level, in a desperate hail Mary for the CAF to attract to recruits, just shows how desperate the GoC and the CAF truly is!  Yet the answer is so simple it has stared them in the face for so long, the cannot see the trees because of the forest!  For all you blind Generals and MP's out there.......pay attention....this doesn't require study after study or survey upon survey!  LOOK AFTER THE VETERANS!! DUH!!!! Word-Of-Mouth is very powerful.....The bulk of Canadians don't want their kids to join because they hear and now know the GoC will turn their backs on them should they become ill or injured while serving their country!  SOOOO SIMPLE! (look at Agent Orange...took years for the GoC to finally compensate and admit their gross mistake.....and now.....the Mefloquine fiasco and the latest controversy .....vaccinations (or so-called vaccinations).

My first 15 years serving was great! It was fun, hard, tiring, got to meet awesome people, go to good and bad places, gave me pride and I tried!
Taking the jump course, I realized you don't need to run 15k everyday to jump out of perfectly safe aircraft.  They wanted people to be exhausted so when you got to the para troop door you didn't stop/hesitate and jeopardize the mission/people.  They wanted people to react....not think!  That mentality ....right or wrong is needed at times in the military.  But when the CAF spend thousands and years training and conditioning their soldiers they should know it will take time to condition these same soldiers to be able to reintegrate back to a civilian when their time is up.....but they don't!  They throw us to the wolves and wish we would just fend for ourselves!  These people way back had a vision for the CAF, one that is quite different than today....BUT VETERANS STILL NEED SUPPORT NOW, AS THEY DID YEARS AGO..........L O O K   A F T E R   V E T E R A N S   and you will then look after the needs of the CAF automatically! Honourable Anita Anand, CDS General Wayne Eyre, Brigadier-General Krista Brodie.......hope you are reading this Smile

Last edited by Kramer on Sat 15 Oct 2022, 14:04; edited 1 time in total
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Teentitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 15 Oct 2022, 10:29

Come on Kramer were you not proud when an Airman sang the national anthem at the opening of the wildcard game in Toronto on October 7th?

Only thing I didn't like about it was his nail polish was a dark blue.  It should have been Air Force blue!

I'm just curious if Trudeau approved all these new dress regulations because he needed canon fodder to keep CAF number up or a cast of back-up characters for the road show he is going to do with CAF over the holidays?!? Sophie get the tickle trunk ready cause he's hitting the road soon there's a show to put on!!!

Remembrance Day is going to be interesting this year.  Does CAF hide them or put them front and center?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

CAF Has NO HOPE Empty CAF Has NO HOPE

Post by Kramer Fri 14 Oct 2022, 21:25

Just came across an article from 2005

https://sencanada.ca/en/content/SEN/Committee/381/defe/rep/repintsep05-e

40 Senators and Honourable members (Honourable....lol....ya right!) of the Senate Committee on National Security and Defence (STANDING COMMITTEE ON NATIONAL SECURITY AND DEFENCE)

discuss "Canada’s Military and the Legacy of Neglect"  I am lost for words......all these people in Ottawa do is talk and talk and accomplish nothing!  They noted our armed forces was in trouble years ago and nothing was done in all this passing time to improve it.  Now if you believe having face tattoos, lip rings and green hair is an improvement....then I stand corrected.  All the hearings, town halls are just a waste of time and money!  These MP's get paid awesome money to play the shell game with Canadians and its soldiers.  If our governments of past and present do not care enough about having a capable and ready military by now, they never will.  They don't look after soldiers during or after service, they keep the old junk for so long they can't get parts for them.  17 years since 2005 and the military got worse along with veterans benefits/support.  1993 was the peak when we had the most to deploy.  Now we have 54....so Eyre had no choice but make an embarrassing decision......and I am not talking about him booting out the unvaccinated despite the mandates being no longer even though the military claims to be 10,000 personnel short.  

I remember the joke about a young Saudi wanting a Mickey Mouse outfit and his father told him the Cdn military is not for sale!  We have a lame duck for a PM who told a wounded soldier that us veterans are asking for more than Ottawa can afford.  Study and review after review of how VAC has no idea how to process claims faster because ...they don't know what they are doing!  VAC has failed to keep track of these changes and how or if they are beneficial or not..  One recent review (ParlVu) did note that most of the VAC staff working on claims are temporary!  The military is running around with more chiefs than soldiers per ratio than any other country (so I heard), it is plagued with all kinds of sexual misconducts and allegations than it knows what to do about it....yet Trudeau knows where his buddies live and how to beat his chest on the world stage....he reminds me of another master of  deceit with an orange face and out only for himself.

Last edited by Kramer on Sat 15 Oct 2022, 10:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar/spelling)
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down