Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hope Empty Re: Hope

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 14:33

Curious.. how many CAF members and Vets are there in this country? Rough idea?

How nice it would be if all voted the same for a pro-vet platform that wasn't smoke and mirrors.

I'd love to see official platforms, each party pros and cons, and politician-specific endorsement - all on one page, so I'd get a better picture of what's going on.

Anyone here political savvy enough to provide some clarity?
My vote is up for grabs, if a case is made (but probably going to vote NDP anyway). Still... Willing to listen Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:40

A guy from the OVO told me this a couple months ago. I guess he was wrong.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:24

well unless things have changed recently he is running, a link can be found here:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/peter-stoffer-announces-he-ll-run-in-2015-election-1.2768900

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:23

Where did you hear of this ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:12

hmmmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:10

FYI Stoffer is not seeking re-election.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 26 Jul 2015, 20:43

"statutory priority entitlement" reminds me of helmets to hardhats.
It would be really good to hear that some vet made out ok 2 - 3 years on that count

But I think it's all a bunch of horse-shyte. jmo.. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jul 2015, 09:59

The title of this post says HOPE! HOPE = MULCLAIR/STOFFER dream team!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jul 2015, 00:44

As a sermon calls for, I say an 'Amen'!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jul 2015, 19:54

O fk I hope so!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jul 2015, 19:30

Things are a changing , I believe the messiah will arrive! In October after all these years of crushing capitalist dear leader Harper, the clouds will part on parliament hill and low and behold Mulclair will descend into the seat of government and the apostle Peter Stoffer as his MVA will finally correct and bestow our rightful entitlements so horribly denied during the Harper Tea party experiment !

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 22 Jul 2015, 08:18

CAF members who have an active regulatory priority entitlement registered in PIMS and subsequently receive a VAC determination that their medical release was attributable to service, must provide a copy of the VAC determination letter to DCSM who will advise the member on the next steps in the process to have their priority entitlement type updated to the statutory priority entitlement for CAF members whose medical release is attributable to service.

Does anybody know if a member who is medically released in 2003 but is currently in a rehabilitation program has statutory priority entitlement upon completion of their training?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 22 Jul 2015, 08:09

Found a glimmer of HOPE. The website that advertises federal job positions has a section for CAF and veterans separate from the general public. Maybe they are moving in the right direction, only time will tell.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 17 Jul 2015, 17:39

" but is that going to work ? " Time always tells as long as someone has any time left . . .
I have seen and dealt with enough vac/dva changes over the years and can frankly say, yester years were better in dealing with them. Before nvc and even after in some areas.
But more so nada these days. I feel badly for younger fouled up vets as much as an older one who is now approaching vac for the first time.

This forum can kelp Smile  but moreover, let's just help each other whereever we find one another.

DDD, the deny part could rhyme with ones patience or resolve.
Better yet... use ones resolve and patience to approach vacs sincerity adamantly for your own well being.

tffm, I liked your earlier positive note.
I did o.k.also after much time.

Stay very well all. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jul 2015, 12:23

I certainly agree that there should always be room for hope an we should never give up on hope when dealing with applying for our disability pensions.
Reading this forum hearing what many are going through in getting approved for such pensions is really heartbreaking , to me every disapproved application or delay in receiving the answer to any such application is just another kick in the head to the applicant.
It mostly just adds more stress to the applicant who is more than likely already stressed out , and further to this it comes as no surprise why individuals give up on hope.
I spoke of my experience in the past on this forum when it came to applications an I too had stress when going through the application phases , but I will say this , DVA treated me well for the most part , yes I had to climb that so called latter of benefits but what I can remember is asking what exactly do they want , tell me what your looking for in my application an for the most part that's really all it took , it took a good number of years to get to the top of the latter but I never gave up on hope.

In today's world dealing with the now NVC I'm really starting to think that those who are fighting for benefits today , are at a disadvantage over those who were fighting for benefits on the old pension act.
Rather that be the case or not , reading an hearing Veterans tell there stories of being denied over an over again an the amount of paperwork loaded into each application just supports what I'm thinking.
It's no wonder some Physicians no longer want to deal with DVA , instead of getting better , perhaps it's getting worse.
Sure the Idea is that there working on improving things in a so called wide range of matters , but is that going to work ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next