Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk With Each Other Here

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Talk With Each Other Here Empty Re: Talk With Each Other Here

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:39

triton not likely mnd but in terms of policy im guessing cds and in terms of finance im guessing treasury board.ya see how complicated this can be.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:24

We have e-mailed the info to Kristine as soon as they asked, we had also been in contact with them a few months ago. I am sure my dh will qualify once all is said and done, it is just how many hoops we will have to jump through... My husband gets a military pension as well as his CPP so I am not sure how much his SISIP will amount to... but it would be disappointing to have to fight for it again. I am sure he is not the only one who didn't continue to provide medical info to them after they zeroed out and I am confident the legal team is aware of this.

As to where the money will come from... it's the government, they have access to whatever they need.. it's called a deficit budget. They just continue to float whatever bonds they need to or print more money.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:20

So, who is accountable here? It appears to me that they are the fall guys for mismanaging the money, and that the head that should be rolling out Twisted Evil Twisted Evil is their boss. Isn't it where the buck stops? Anyone knows who they reported to? MND? CDS?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:16

short answer yes long answer would take forever.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:06

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:03; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:04

Magie, the way I read the info that you have provided, it appears that he was reduced to zero in 2006 on account of PA. It would only make sense that he would be part of the group of the reduced to zero, and if the only income he receives is CPP, he should be adjusted accordingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:02

no greatfoot no one can as the goc has no idea.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:58

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:03; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:48

Maggie,
Please to meet you. I will email you my appeal process as it unfolds if need be. Most SISIP reps will read your file and assume, but you have to keep them on the phone and have them look at all you typed info, that is the only way to clearly know you status.
I also am VAC totally disabled and have a CPP (D) pension.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:25

well maggie you should call sisip and also contact the leagal team.read the first post on the thread "Zero Sum" Class Members - Information Needed and send in what they are asking for Kristine's email is on there.
hope this helps
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:11

My husband was deemed totally disabled and was receiving LTD past the 24 months until his VAC appeal was approved and he "zeroed out". We didn't send in any medicals or anything since 2006, so I am wondering if his claim would still be considered active or not. He hasn't been in contact with them at all. I'll get him to call them this week and see what his status is. It would be nice to be reinstated right away, but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't until the "proxies" are looked at. He collects CPP and he is 129% disabled according to VAC.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:31

To tell you the truth , i am more worried about the monthly reinstatement becuase if the GOC cant get that right, then how are they going to get the retro correct??There is alot of zero sum who believe they are going to be reinstated and they will not be, there is going to be alot of fighting with sisip this week. This was told to me, and for sure, dont you think sisip reps have been talking and planning and have an idea, actually they can look at their computer and figure the wasy ones out. As for going back to 1985 or 1976 they will have to dig out those archives stored in some dusty box in the imperial war museum in Ottawa and search thru them. The easy zero sums will get there first and then sisip will have some digging to do to figure out the rest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:18

I have only repeated what was told to me by my cm at sisip. She has told me quite a bit and 99 percent has been correct. SO i share what is told to me even if it upsets some. May be its not all correct, but why would she lie to me, she hasnt yet. So everyone is different, while dont you call and just ask yourself, i did and got an answer, thou sometimes i dont believe it and to tell you th truth i will not believe anything until its in my bank but its not my job to determine what is true and what is not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 17:59

triton dont worry brother you will be just fine at least till 2001 and im guessing until your employment started.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 17:47

Navrat, not sure where you get all this information. Who tells you that if you don't get reinstated that you only get 24 months of retro. I was released in 85 and received ltd because I qualified as totally disabled. In 2000, I was reduced to zero beause of my pension act. As I understand it, the only reason I would not be reinstated today is because I am employed and earning income putting me over the 75% of my salary when I was released.. Why would this disqualify me for retro to 1985? Getting 24 months of retro would be totally unfair. If you know something we should know, please tell us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next