Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SNAIL MAIL (Canada Post) and a Point to Remember About SISIP CHQ's.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SNAIL MAIL (Canada Post) and a Point to Remember About SISIP CHQ's. Empty Re: SNAIL MAIL (Canada Post) and a Point to Remember About SISIP CHQ's.

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 10:47

Remember a watched pot takes a lot longer to boil.

So stop stalking the mail man or women it's beginning to get creepy. LOL

Back to top Go down

SNAIL MAIL (Canada Post) and a Point to Remember About SISIP CHQ's. Empty Re: SNAIL MAIL (Canada Post) and a Point to Remember About SISIP CHQ's.

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 14:29

Thanks teentitan, a little less stressed here, and as usual we the peeps always get the last order 5 days later, my suggestion stop reading these posts lol.
Have a good weekend

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 19 Oct 2012, 13:28

Enjoy Montreal? I'm visiting the outlaws so there is a minimal level of enjoyment. That being a good smoked meat sandwich with a nice poutine. Oh and escaping to the internet cafe to do VVi business. LOL

I can't always get the answers but I try so thanks for the nod Navrat much apreciated.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 13:21

No worries, teen , I am just glad we have you to get us the truth, it's very defeating when told we won our monthly payments, then to hear sisip say , we know nothing, have no direction,no direct deposit, no cheques etc I can only imagine how frustrating the law firm is at dealing with those people. Relax, enjoy , Montreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 19 Oct 2012, 13:16

Sorry Navrat did not make it clear about being patient. I meant my usual comms is not available because I'm only on my laptop in an internet cafe in Montreal and my wife has the cellphone.

I do understand the angst this whole issue is to us. I have been PO'ed a few times with SISIP and their lack of knowledge. I don't blame the workers who answer the phone I blame the DoJ/Toope that they are using the downward chain of command to pass on info to the SISIP people that answer the phone. DoJ/Toope should inform those who are in direct contact with vets FIRST then inform the rest later.

I guess that idea is too simple and easy!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 13:11

Thank you teen and Peter, this is extremely stressful and sisip needs a kick in the rear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 13:09

Teen , come on we have been patient, but when we hear that sisip is telling clients they have no direction and no clue as to when our monthly payments will be sent out , this crosses the line. What we have had to put up from these guys is inexcusable and this is when we need the law firm to pounce on sisip or whoever is holding sisips strings and get this done. I fine it hard to believe this is military, it would never have Taken this long and we would never have put up,with these unexplained and nasty, disrespectful delays. Sisip is treating us like dogs, we have waited, have been told our cheques are coming, and sisip continues to lie to our law firm, to us, to the newspapers. Why, is the question, as veterans do we have to be so disrespected and mislead t every turn

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 19 Oct 2012, 13:02

Got to love modern technology....HERE'S THE REAL DEAL AND TAKE THIS TO THE BANK A MESSAGE FROM PETER....

Hi Ron, no worries. I can’t emphasize enough, tell the members not to listen to what various SISIP Manulife people are saying. I have already vetted and approved a cover letter to go to all members next week with the option of registering for electronic payments etc. Those letters and payments are going next week whether every sisip Manulife call centre rep. knows it or not.

As far as how much members are getting, the following is the agreement. Feel free to post:

The payments will correspond to the last calculation that was made by Manulife Financial before it was offset to zero due to the Pension Act offset plus an adjustment based on the cost of living indexed from the date of closure of the claim to the present date. If, after the removal of the Pension Act offset, remaining offsets do not put this claim in a positive pay status, no without prejudice payments will be made.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 13:02

Robbie, actually sailor is right, we all have to requaifly again, it's even in the newspaper stating this from the government. Teen talked to them in the newspaper, if we don't qualify according to sisip policy than we owe those monthly payments back

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 19 Oct 2012, 13:00

Guys I'm on it. But please have some patience, I'm in an internet cafe in Montreal and am trying to get the info from Peter. So I'm trying the best I can in getting an answer.

Oh please watch the language. Not pointing out any individual there has been a lot of language issues from many so please watch the f'bombs. Thanks.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:57

I don not think so sailor964 as most zero sum clients are entitled to the first 24 months of LTD after being 3B medically released and had their pay clawed by SISIP, like I said most there will be exceptions to the rule but generally that is what the law suite is all about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:56

Sailor you are right, this is f****, just like I said six months ago, sisip better get there act together and Teen if you know , we need you to step in, Why does sisip have no direction on our monthly cheques when it is Friday and if they have not processed anything yet , there is 832 of us on the first flipping list, it's going to take longer than 9 of nov to process these. Someone from the law firm should go down there and hold these clowns hands , this is so incompentent , I for one am getting so sick of this, lets have the truth, because the way sisip is operating , Peter Mackey , instead of firing the president should pull the damn contract and transfer this puppy over to VAC, at least vac pays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:50

This is what pisses me off, they really don't know , and can't be that stupid at sisip, my cm told me they will direct deposit it if it is on file. Peter, we need some clairity on this , will sisip sent out our cheques as required because according to them , they have no direction, so this means no cheques, and WTF is going on. They are going to make us crazy with all this B S. Jesus, it's in the frickin paper for god sake, you tell me that not one of these sisip storm troopers read the news paper. It's not over, and we may be in for another ride, HELP PETER ASAP

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:50

I'm just curious for the zero sum personnel that have been awaiting payments, just question though and forgive me if i make you worry a little. For what i read through these blogs but here goes:

If the members who were zeroed out get the 3 months payments and then have to prove you are Totally Disabled afterwards for the payment to continue, the ones that are having difficulties with the proof will they have to payback those 3 months causing more headaches down the road?
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:38

I just spoke to a SISIP client representative and they informed me that SISIP will not wire monies via direct deposit payment until reinstatement has been guaranteed. Until then payments will be issued by cheque and as of yet they have received no direction as what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next