Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

medically released 3b

+2
bigrex
tiger660
6 posters

Go down

medically released 3b Empty Re: medically released 3b

Post by K9 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 19:06

You will find all your answers at: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/isp/oas/changes/faq.shtml

Vous trouverez vos réponses à:
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/fra/psr/sv/changements/faq.shtml

Have fun reading,

Pat.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 18:25

No you go back to just getting your pension at 65 and old age pension kicks in reduce to like maybe you see 10% if you lucky. dod forget ti aplly for your CCP at 60 if you wait until 65 you want get it retro.
But your all your Pensions are indexed so we just keep getting pay raises every 1 Jan. yah

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 17:57

I may have asked my questions de wrong way, I am sorry I am a French Canadian. I know about the Canada pension plan and la régie des rentes du Québec as I am getting both (don't worry guys I am not getting more than anybody else, it is the same amount, just being paid by two different government) (I know what you think only in Québec, and you are right lollllll). What I would like to know, is that if I am getting 75% of my pay till age 65, will I be getting the same amount of money when I turn 66, regardless of who pays for it. thank you everyone for your input.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Tue 30 Oct 2012, 17:38

And by that time you will not be able to collect OAS until you are 67. the vet still gets the shaft in a sence!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 30 Oct 2012, 17:30

When you turn 65 grosgig you are eligible for CPP and or QPP. Your CF pension will be reduced as that is the law.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 17:05

I think the question is what happend at 66 years old ? what will be the income ? I never think about this question i'm 48, so i have time to think about that and maybe when i will be 65 maybe the administrative laws may has change many times. But If someone know the answer, i want to know because i'm curious, if not i will do some research.

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 16:50

Must be the equivalent of CPP(D), even though they stopped insisting like a lot of us on a yearly medical, do not take this for granted in the future.
Unsure at this point, but we may all have to go back to fulfilling yearly Medicals regardless of disability factors.
It may have only been because you we're over the 75% mark previously including your VAC amount, that they stopped sending you the forms.

Last edited by puddleduk2 on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 16:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition of last line of text)
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 14:23

hello bigrex,
this is my situation. released 3b in 2005. all the paperwork has been done with SISIP. I did receive SISIP for awhile than it stopped because with my VAC allowance I was over the 75%. I'm from Québec and I receive La Régie des Rentes du Québec, to receive that you have to be declared invalid by one of their doctor. SISIP and VAC have a copy of that letter, after I gave a copy of that letter to SISIP, I no longer had to do the yearly medical form. I checked with SISIP last week and I am on the first list and I am waiting for my package like everybody else.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 30 Oct 2012, 13:28

Tiger, what is supposed to happen is, when a CF member is getting medically released, they are supposed to be assigned a Case Manager, who helps them apply for SISIP LTD. By being released 3B, acceptance by SISIP is guaranteed, but it is not automatic, the forms still have to be completed and approved before your release. A medical release does not automatically ensure LTD until 65.

Part of the problems, as pointed out last week by the AG, up to 30% of veterans that have been medically release, never received any case management, so it is possible that up to 30% were not even aware that they had to submit paperwork for SISIP LTD, So I'm wondering how many Veterans are out there who should have been members of the Class, but are not because they never knew about SISIP due to the lack of competency within the CF when dealing with injured and ill soldiers.

I would need to know more details about your case, other than your 3(b) release, to advise you as to how this lawsuit may affect you.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 13:23

Not always, you only get 75 percent for the first 2 years than if sisip declares you tpi than you get it to 65 but every year you have to do mediclals, it depends on individual circumstances

Back to top Go down

medically released 3b Empty medically released 3b

Post by tiger660 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:52

From what I understand, when someone is medically released 3b he gets 75% of his salary until age 65. Can someone please tell me what happen next? Do we still get money or what? thank you.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down