Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any one here that was medically released "without" any component of PTSD?

+2
birdgunner
Teentitan
6 posters

Go down

Is there any one here that was medically released "without" any component of PTSD? Empty Re: Is there any one here that was medically released "without" any component of PTSD?

Post by Dannypaj Wed 11 Mar 2015, 06:50

Navrat, I feel the same as you do. I was born into the service. Father served, we were posted every four years. Valcatier, Petawawa,Moise,Baden,Kingston and then Edmonton. That is when I thought a good thought and joined. My old man tried to talk me out of it, the best advice he gave me was to be a Boatswain instead of armoured. Now I know why. I am still receiving help from VAC. I have no pension what so ever, and the lump sum, I used that to pay back the debt I accumulated, just trying to make ends meat. I am still injured and I know that if worse comes to worse........well it hasn't yet! I am a trained soldier and trained by the Canadian Government, I have a signed oath of allegiance and never signed one that says otherwise....Soldier on NAVrat! we are always at the ready and willing to fight know matter how broken we have become. Fighting for Veterans. We should never have to fight for Veterans benefits, Veterans have fought enough.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Is there any one here that was medically released "without" any component of PTSD? Empty Re: Is there any one here that was medically released "without" any component of PTSD?

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 23:58

We have had to suffered greiviously under the Conservative Governments cruel and unusual punishment to us Veterans. So if you have not been diagnosed with PTSD go back to the doctor and tell him how much you are suffering and how your quality of life sucks because of this government.
Once done apply to VAC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:14

U crack me up navrat dont ever stop, we all need a good laugh once and a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 19:16

Well most of us have been treated bad after release, it is hard enough to cope with the ending of a career, getting the benefits is difficult and surely is hard on everybody, trying to fight for those benefits.

I think most here will agree that it is frustrating going through the process of applying for benefits, but we all went through it and managed to get something out of it, some waited much longer than others to get started on benefits, but the bottom line is that the answer is to never give up the fight, no matter how angry one gets, the fight has to continue, if the fight is stopped, you really would have no way of knowing if you would have succeeded in getting benefits, you could miss out on benefits that you deserve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 19:12

But then in the hospital bed I glanced over at the window and noticed a Sparrow and then and only then I knew we were all in good hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 19:05

I would never recommend young folks join , it's just not worth it , at the end of the day nobody gives a crap. You got one life to live so live it and enjoy life. Who wants to spend 30 to 40 years fighting for spare change and being 40 years old feeling like 70? My pensioned injury was getting hit in a bar by a psycho airborne Sgt. the guy flicked a peanut at me from the peanut tray hitting my temple and putting me in a coma for 6 years. The only thing I remember was waking up in a VAC hospital 6 years later and Dennis and Peter standing over me handing me a retro cheque saying " just sign the damn thing we'll take care of the rest"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 18:49

Its the way we were treated after our injurys while still serving. And the constant fighting we have had to endure after released we have been treated like shit for years and forced to beg for scap pensions its like being homeless, having no country, trusting no one, destroying everything military pictures, medals,telling va to go fk themselves i wont beg anymore.Being screwed by sisip. ptsd,pmsd pvsd,psisipsd.All i know for sure is wish i would have never joined.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 10 Mar 2015, 14:44

For me , physical and psychological. Lower Back and Major Depression (PTSD over a 20 year period in the Military)

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 10 Mar 2015, 14:42

A Medical release from the Military has nothing to due with symptoms with respect to how much money you receive, as you mentioned pension , it only has to due with percentage for years in, of your final salary or return of contributions. A Veterans Affairs disability benefit has to due with symptoms with respect to amount paid.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 10 Mar 2015, 14:08

3B in 1993
Medical conditions same Physical both knee's, both hips, back, shoulder,

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rzm71 Tue 10 Mar 2015, 13:14

same here .
3b med release 2004 / screwed back .
first gulf war vet (1991).
nothing on *ptsd*

rick
rzm71
rzm71
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by birdgunner Tue 10 Mar 2015, 12:24

I was 3B medical release in 2004. All pensioned medical conditions are physical in nature...back, legs, arms, hand.
birdgunner
birdgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-10

http://jets.nhl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:13

I was released for an auto immune disease back in 2000
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Is there any one here that was medically released "without" any component of PTSD? Empty Is there any one here that was medically released "without" any component of PTSD?

Post by Ex Member Tue 10 Mar 2015, 09:44

In other words their medical/pension or settlement doesn't not include any diagnoses or benefit for Stress related injury?

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down