Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone going to be in Halifax on Monday

3 posters

Go down

Is anyone going to be in Halifax on Monday Empty Re: Is anyone going to be in Halifax on Monday

Post by K9 Sun 02 Dec 2012, 18:25

Here is the thing, Denis Manuge is the only one involved in the negotiation with The law firm and the other side!
If theire is an agreement by both parties on a offer to make to the Class (us), then they show it to the Judge. When they decide to show it to the Judge, when??? ......
Unless a major law defect, the Judge let the offer be released to the class, for a month and if people want to write to the Judge theire toughs about it, they do.
Those who want to show up in person and read or talk to the Judge are in title to do so. That is why 2 days as been reserved for that purpose.

If their is no point for the Judge to send back both parties to the table, it will be a done deal.

Don't forget that both parties including Denis Manuge agreed to what is in front of the Judge and showed to us. The only way for the Judge to send back the agreement will be if the Class doesn't want it.

For now, we now nothing about the deal. If it is good for all, their it goes and after the Firm will be back with the fees, same thing, those who want can write or present the opinion on the subject and then the Judge decides!

So the Judge will not decide on his own to order the GOC to pay legal fees or damages, he can send them back and wait to see what they come up to or our law firm will have to decide if the go to Court and ask the Court to order this and that to the GOC, they can appeal to the Appeal Court and The Supreme Court.

So lets just hope that the deal is a good one and if it is, thanks to Denis, the Law Firm and move on and live our lives with what we deserved.

Last edited by K9 on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 18:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Errors spelling)
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Is anyone going to be in Halifax on Monday Empty Re: Is anyone going to be in Halifax on Monday

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 09:47

Well we will know in the next 48 hours whether the GOC or the law firm does the honourable thing and release the settlement or give a really good reason not to, if I was not paying for this I wouldn't be so demanding , but we are all paying for this out of our sisip ltd of which we will be lucky to walk away with 60 percent, and as to the Hamilton legion rumours, my rumour for the 60 percent came from a Member of parliament who asked me not to say anything, but I am ready to break that promise because of this stupid gag order and the directions of the law firm making us feel like we are stupid and should never question or ask anything regarding a case we are all paying for.

Back to top Go down

Is anyone going to be in Halifax on Monday Empty .

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 07:50

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 02 Dec 2012, 00:15

Rusty, no disrespect, but I'm not going to let Peter, or anyone else tell me to sit down and shut up anymore. I didn't like the fact that we were kept in the dark during the negotiations, and I like it even less now that they are or will be completed. If they aren't completed, or at least 99% done, then why the hell are the lawyers going to see the Judge on Tuesday? Peter said that the reason for asking for the alternate dates was in case the negotiations were not going to be completed in time. The Judge gave them until this past Friday to decide. Since they did not request the delay, that says that the deal is either done, or close enough that they could still proceed on Tuesday. Either way, we as the class have a right to know what kind of deal has been accepted, on our behalf, without having to wait an extra 2 weeks, just because releasing it 30 days prior, is the normal practice.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Is anyone going to be in Halifax on Monday Empty Call Peter- Navrat and BigRex

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 23:06

Navrat-BigRex- I want you both to personaliy call Peter Monday- you may need his one on one direction- please call him- Peter Driscoll if you are reading this please contact Navrat and Bigrex

Last edited by rustyrazor on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 07:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 23:01

I don't think we are asking for too much in requesting the gag order be lifted Tuesday and the settlement be released to us, who cares and for what reason wouldn't the law fim or GOC want to make us wait another 2 weeks, there is no purpose at all, unless the agreement is so out to lunch they want to limit the amount of time we have to write the judge or get the media involued?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 01 Dec 2012, 22:04

Both sides did not agree to the gag order. We are one of the sides and nobody asked me if it was OK. Peter may represent us at the negotiations, but that should not mean that he could or even should make blanket decisions that affect the entire class without seeking some sort of guidance from the people who will be signing his paycheque.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 01 Dec 2012, 18:32

Navrat can't u see being the middle man is killing me? I pass on what I find out for everyone. No matter how I phrase it the answer to more info is the same...there is a gag order in place. Sorry end of disussion

If you don't like what you read email Peter. He's going to tell you the same thing he told me...both sides agreed to the gag/blackout of info order.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 17:49

Teen, can't u see this is killing us, can't or won't Peter entertain the idea of maybe releasing a little after the court on Monday

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 01 Dec 2012, 17:46

gonna be lonely cause the meeting is in Ottawa. Going to go out on a limb and say there is probably going to be no seating area. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 17:26

Thanks , Propat, it's killing me to wait and I believe also our fellow veterans,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 17:21

good idea navrat.

Back to top Go down

Is anyone going to be in Halifax on Monday Empty Is anyone going to be in Halifax on Monday

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 17:19

During this type of court proceeding is it open to the public and is what said in the court room public knowledge because if so we could have one of our VVi CSAT members who live in Halifax attend , record the details and post on VVi, it sounds good to me Cool Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down