Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction & Question for the Group

5 posters

Go down

Introduction & Question for the Group Empty Re: Introduction & Question for the Group

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 21:07

Thanks so much everyone for being so welcoming and your helpful suggestions, will let you know what I find out.

Tara

Back to top Go down

Introduction & Question for the Group Empty Re: Introduction & Question for the Group

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 06 Dec 2012, 13:18

Welcome soldier sister. We will help you in any way we can. I was also pushed into a 6 week course by my "caseworker" from Sisip. I let them know that I was not rehabilitated and included a letter from my MD, stating my disability and how it affects my ability to pursue gainful employment. I have held a Sisip case number since 1989. My file is now reopened. Good luck to you.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Thu 06 Dec 2012, 12:20

Seaboxer (Tara) - Welcome aboard and I echo what propat said and that you should contact McInnes-Cooper with your story and ask!

Best of luck!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Thu 06 Dec 2012, 10:13

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 21:02; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : .)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 Thu 06 Dec 2012, 08:28

Good day Tara, you certainly can re-apply for it, don't let them bully you over. I went thru the same situation you went thru, and finally a social worker at the Veteran Hospital in Saint Anne de Bellevue helped me and I got everything I was entitled to. Not because you had a one year course in a college mean that you are now (rehabilitated), you have to be fit physical and mentally to work and from what I gather you cannot do that right now. Also employment mean, gainful employment in your area and not a cashier god in a seven-eleven (no disrespect to anybody here). I don't know what part of the country you are in, but phone the closest VAC office and they have the obligation to help you. If you are not satisfy with their answer, please contact you local MP he also has to help you. Don't give up girl, I fully understand what you are saying with the administrative nightmare but don't give up you will get thru it. I see that you mentionned that you are receiving CCP (D) this will help, if you have to, get letter from the medical staff that is following you. Best of luck sister.
Joe.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 07:41

oh you can phone (902) 455-8140.
i hope this helps
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 07:39

seaboxer that question is best sent to the law firm.mailto:SISIPClassAction@mcinnescooper.com .explain your situation as detailed as you can im sure they can help.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Thu 06 Dec 2012, 07:13

Teentitan is one person that could help here. There are many that have gone through similar events. My sisip case manager changed 2 or 3 times as well. Yet again, it changed 3 times with the Vets Obudsmans office too. Welcome and thanks for sharing your story.
Sherry
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Introduction & Question for the Group Empty Introduction & Question for the Group

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 00:49

Hi everyone,

I must admit that I have been one of the "lurkers" on here for quite some time, bit nervous about registering. However, started thinking about the fact that I am not helping myself by not doing so, and am certainly contributing to all of your understandably uneasy feelings about the fluctuating guest numbers, by lurking and not coming foward. So, decided tonight to pull my big girl panties up and finally register.
A little about me, I was Med Rel 3B(c) for PTSD & Co-Morbid Disorders, was a trade that probably not many of you liked:), to be truthful by the time I was released I didn't care for it much either. That being said some of the best days of my life was when I was serving as well as some of the worst, but they have made me who I am. I released in 2006 and was so sick that the whole process was a bit of a blur, however like so many of us was directed/told things that were less then accurate - like needed to retrain immediately or would lose the SISIP Benefits. So, off I went to school for a 1 yr program, which was a nightmare as I was in no shape to be attending anything, let alone an intensive College Course. I managed to scrape through to graduation, worked for one year with LOTS of sick days and finally took a knee. When this happened I was still under the 24 month SISIP, and my CM changed 3 times, anyway to make a long story short the last one signed off on me being "rehabilitated" solely on the basis that I had graduated from my Course. The individual involved was not at all bothered by the fact that when we had the phone conversation I informed them that the reason they hadn't been able to reach me was because I had been an Inpatient at the NS. I moved back to the area where my first and best posting was and my life has improved a lot. I have been on CPP (D) for the last 2 yrs and have my VAC, and have a great Psychologist/Psychiatrist now which has really made a huge difference. I am definitely not 100%, but at least the sun shines a lot more then it used to. My question is to all of you because there is a lot of knowledge here to tap, am I able to reapply for SISIP LTD, or once it is done it is done? When I was released and inquired about the VAC Rehab program, was informed that SISIP was the first program and then VAC would take over if needed, so I am not part of VAC Rehab because I kind of fell through the cracks for awhile, actually I just got tired of administration. Please believe me when I say that I am NOT a $$ hungry gal, just wondering if I fall into one of the "proxies" that the Law Firm was talking about. Thanks for bearing with my "Coles Notes" version of my journey and I look forward to not being a "lurker" anymore.

Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down