Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL;DO YOU THINK THE NVC IS THE BEST SYSTEM

+2
Jeffery M
peep
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

POLL;DO YOU THINK THE NVC IS THE BEST SYSTEM - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL;DO YOU THINK THE NVC IS THE BEST SYSTEM

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:58

It's kind of like a kickback.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

POLL;DO YOU THINK THE NVC IS THE BEST SYSTEM - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL;DO YOU THINK THE NVC IS THE BEST SYSTEM

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:56

I would rather have a reduced amount for additional allowances from one hand of the government as a so called benefit, then in turn hand it back to the same as tax revenue.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:55

It's not a question of being taxed it's "how" you are taxed. Do they add up all the benefits you are recieveing, as in your case LMFAO, ELB, PIA and tax the sum or do they tax each benefit seperately?

By not calculating your gross properly you are not being taxed at the right income so if each is taxed seperately you will be taxed lightly on each then at the end of the year your taxes paid will be short compared to your gross income.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:36

Yes I do have a comment of being taxed on PIA... If I was working I would be taxed so I dont have a problem with me being taxed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:21

I can assure everyone that VAC is constantly working on the NVC. Many of the issues raised are being looked at. The Veteran's Ombudsman is looking at it as well.

One issue that does stick out and bothers me is the taxation of all the benefits. I'm not talking ELB I'm talking PIA, CFIS, WVA, and Survivor Benefits.

Does anyone in reciept of any of these benefits have a comment on taxes?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:55

NVC
I am on the old and new system. I think the new NVC works for me. Yes I have a monthly pension from the old system, but I also have PIA, ELB, Payment for Dr's appointments and VIP which has been increased and a lump sum. So at the end of the day YES to the NVC and in all reality there will be no turning back to the old system. No program is perfect but I see VA trying to resolve problems when they do arrise. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 07:50

ok so far it seems moast would prefer the dva as opposed to the nvc.yes a combination would be best but id like to keep this poll going as is it may help so keep the answers comming.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 21:53

The pension system is better as the Veteran will always have something coming in monthly. But it should be increased to at least $400 000 rather than the $289 000 base amount which they calculate your monthly pain and suffering payment.

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 17:16

pension act,

since 2006 the new veterans charter has taken more than it has added, with the exception of adding the permanent impairment allowance and supplement (not on this as of yet) to recipients of the pension act.

In my view the sole purpose was to minimize the governments liability and create a new class of capped veterans.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:38

I support your cause, if you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:34

Not by a long shot, as it has created more problems than it solved!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:45

If the GOC believes that having their cake, and eating it too, is not tolerable, they are clearly mistaken. Having one or the other is not what this is all about. Every decision has it's consequences.
Soldier's bodies and minds are a vehicle for the soul. 'Vehicles' that need constant attention, repair, and accommodation over the life of it's existence.
The GOC has reduced it's liability with the reduced lump sum payment. Though a reduced payment system may be fantastic for them, IT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO IMPOSE ONTO ME.

ALL LUMP PAYMENTS 'MUST' BE PAID TO THE LIFE EXPENCTENCY OF THE AVERAGE AGE. BE IT 72, 78...ETC.

OTHERWISE, REPLACE THE LUMP SUM WITH A MONTHLY PENSION FOR LIFE PAYMENT.

YES, THE COMBINATION OF BOTH SYSTEMS IS WHAT IS NEEDED GOIN FORWARD. IF NOT, PLEASE PLEASE HAVE A HITMAN PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY BEFORE MY CURRENT LUMP SUM RUNS OUT.

One Veteran. One Standard.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:18

DVA

But to elaborate DVA with SISIP disbanded and the new ELB,PIA included

Best of both worlds
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:16

lol no what peep do you think the best system is dva ore nvc buds pick one.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:10

NO!
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next