Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sisip ltd till 65 then what????

+4
K9
Sapper Zodiak
puddleduk2
bigrex
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sisip ltd till 65 then what???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sisip ltd till 65 then what????

Post by Nemo Sun 23 Dec 2012, 15:00

thanks propat...

puddle...if u have that link, can u post it here. tia.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Sisip ltd till 65 then what???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sisip ltd till 65 then what????

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 14:28

nemo someone elce here also has the policy itself bookmarked i belive its puddle.im positive its 99 that makes you good 4 life.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 23 Dec 2012, 14:28

I read the FAQ on leavenovet.......It does not specifically mention b4 99 for life. It says... Will payments cease on my 65th birthday, or 67 as this is the new retirement age?
Yes, payments cease at 65 unless you qualified for benefits prior to 1999.

I just found an ombudsman page at http://ppcliassoc.ca/Bulletin_Board/sisip_12oct_Memo%20%28Q&A%29%20-%20English%20%20French.pdf and it says....http://ppcliassoc.ca/Bulletin_Board/sisip_12oct_Memo%20%28Q&A%29%20-%20English%20%20French.pdf
Before December 1, 1999, a CF member was eligible for monthly SISIP long term disability benefits if he or she became “totally disabled” for 13 consecutive weeks and was released from the CF while still “totally disabled.” Benefits were payable each month as long as the “total disability” continued, until age 65. Benefits changed after 99, but maybe chAnges had nothing to do with age of termination but had to do with how one qualified and what was offered.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 23 Dec 2012, 14:21

Nemo:
On leavenovetbehind.ca in the FAQ section, it states LTD payable to age 65 if started after 1999. Pre 1999 for life.
Chimo
Zodiak

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 23 Dec 2012, 14:06

propat....or anyone.....does anyone have something that mentions sisip continues 4 life prior to 99????
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 13:41

nemo i belive that was in 1999.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 23 Dec 2012, 13:22

I know that your CPP(D) will convert to a regular CPP rate when u turn 65 (or earlier if u elect 2 do so...but i suspect most would not.)

From my understanding, at age 65.....if u r getting the full rate of CPP(D)....it will be reduced to the level u would normally have gotten based on your contributions when u worked.

If i were 2 turn 65 today, my CPP(D) currently at almost $1200 pm would b reduced to about $500 (based on 17 years service)....of course, OAS will make up a bit of that.

But then my SISIP will also cease at 65 and I can't make up that amount.

I know some here mention SISIP was originally for life. But when did that end? I always thought SISIP was until age 65 ( I got out in mid 90's).
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:42

already have the bridge (so called benefit) taken off of my cf pension,

my cpp(d) converts to regular cpp at age 65,

the cpp regular amount will be as if i hadnt been collecting an indexed cpp(d) all along, if it is not further reduced, good.

it wont be zero unless the government pulls Canadian Pension Plan in the duration of my life.

Please call Service Canada 1 800 277 9914, if you have any further questions.

Service Canada does not deal with the CF pension.

They are knowledgeable about the age out conversion at 65 from Canada Pension Plan Disability to the regular Canadian Pension Plan.

As government employees themselves, they should be in the know.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:31

Puddle your CPP D will not/not decrease at 65. It will remain the same. I was directly told this by Service Canada/Rev Canada/and public works.

The reason it does not go down is because we got screwed by having our CF pension reduced at an early age because of CPP D.

IMO having my CF pension reduced at age 46 really sucks. Again my disability reduces my financial security by 19 years and takes away my opportunity to apply for CPP early to take advantage of the extra money for 5 years.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:28

I believe you lose all of your CCP and or it comes out of your CF pension one way or the other you get $0.00.

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:25

i currently have about $350 taken off each month for being on cpp(d) and having a cf pension at the same time.

cpp(d) once it converts at age 65 to regular cpp will be reduced, not sure by how much. was never given those numbers.

also with talking with service canada office this am, there is no limits to applying for cpp once over the age of 60, goverment employee or otherwise.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:21

correct

confusing, but correct

mixing cpp(d) mandatory changing to regular cpp at age 65 and

early application for regular cpp (if not on cpp disability) at age 60 is confusing..
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:10

DCHD I think you should check your facts again. At 65 you do get CPP. That is why our CF pension is clawed back when one applies for CPP.

When my CPP D was approved my CF pension was clawed back.

When you apply at 60 you stop this clawback for 5 years. At age 65 your CF pension will be clawed back as per policy.

Everyone in Canada has this option so the GoC could not take this option away from military/RCMP members. Early application allows the applicant to bank an extra $6-10K over the 5 year period.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 10:59

I am not talking about applying early anyone can do that even before age 60 if disabled. Gov employees can not receive 2 gov pensions that is why we as retired Gov employees must take it at age 60 you can only get it from age 60 - 65 then it stops. If you don't apply at age 60 and wait until age 65 you will NOT get CCP. period

FYI

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 12 Dec 2012, 09:08

yes, thank you for asking,

my mom worked in a hospital 40+ years, retired early, not all her years were pensionable with a hospital pension, but all of them applied to cpp in contributions and their final limit payable.

this early application applies to anyone, not just government employees for the age 60 early application for regular cpp,

an age 60 application is definately reduced by 30%, not sure what deduction or additon there is for any years between there and 65, as well the additional % gained each year up to late application up to age 70.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next