Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward Branch- You better watch out you better not cry-Do you know how I know we got an amazing deal? Ward Branch is Co counsel-The best Lawyer in Canada 2012

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ward Branch- You better watch out you better not cry-Do you know how I know we got an amazing deal? Ward Branch is Co counsel-The best Lawyer in Canada 2012 Empty Re: Ward Branch- You better watch out you better not cry-Do you know how I know we got an amazing deal? Ward Branch is Co counsel-The best Lawyer in Canada 2012

Post by acerman1234 Sun 23 Dec 2012, 15:15

bigrex :

1. A dead (due to stress), veteran does not collect...."future payments" from sisip
2. education fall under provincial control...yet federal transfer payments in-part pays for this....(teachers pay). with less transfer payments salaries need to be trimmed in part. It's called a "budget"! So.......ect
3. who...appoints Supreme Court judges?...GOC...control...yes.

acerman1234 affraid
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Ward Branch- You better watch out you better not cry-Do you know how I know we got an amazing deal? Ward Branch is Co counsel-The best Lawyer in Canada 2012 Empty Re: Ward Branch- You better watch out you better not cry-Do you know how I know we got an amazing deal? Ward Branch is Co counsel-The best Lawyer in Canada 2012

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 12:50

acerman1234 wrote:Supremedebater :

"The government knew right well they were going to lose. This is fact!"
I wish I was just as naive as you.........

1. GOC fought us......"LOST"or did they... by not appealing.......
2. Plan "B" went into affect......by not paying damages,lawyer fees, charging more taxes, health care fees,ect...(did they lose?)
3. More Vets died due to stress and other issues and will never have to pay out over all these years. No payment = win for GOC
4. Public being mislead as to our true treatment as they can because we have a history of doing nothing.
5. This has lead the GOC NOW to force others "take the deal", as in teachers,(their contracts in Ontario), Public servants recent denial to get back $30 billion in stolen pension funds. Service members losing their severance pay.....the list goes on.

YEH........Supremedebater "The government knew right well they were going to lose. This is fact!"..............bullsh#t.

acerman1234

[code]

Sorry you think I'm nieve...and full of shit lol but I guarantee this...government lawyers have no obligation to blow sunshine up the ass's of the GOC. They will and would have advised them of the chances at trial as well a the outcome. They would advise the GOC all the case precedences the judges would use as well as the jurisprudence. Lawyers get paid more for submitting reports and findings then actually going to court. More man hours are spent researching and writing memo's of law then actual representation. Don't take it personal...but I rather be called nieve then uneducated. The GOC would be advised by a team of lawyers what there chances are in the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 12:40

bigrex wrote:Well it was fact that the government knew that they would have lost if they had gone to trial, since their only defense for the clawback was that the contract "intended" to include Pension Act benefits, in spite of using the quantifying words "Income benefits", which doesn't include pain and suffering disability pensions. I almost wish that they hadn't had that motion hearing last year, because it let the Government test the waters and provided them with the opportunity to settle out of court after having "unofficially" losing the case. In fact we might, if they had not had the hearing, we may have already been to trial and had received the same decision, except then the Government wouldn't be able to weasel out of paying fair compensation, because it would be the court assigning the damages.

And Acerman, a few other problems with your statements.

1. SISIP will be paid to the estate of any deceased Veteran up to the date they passed, or to the date they stopped being eligible.
2. Ontario teachers are not controlled by the federal government.
3. The public service pension issue was decided by the Supreme Court, not the GoC. Unfortunately this just left the door open for the GoC to do it again, since we currently have another multi-billion dollar surplus, and they're increasing the premiums, which will make that surplus explode, until the Tories decide that they can dip their fingers into to pay off the debt..

1. Correct
2. True
3. Exactly

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 23 Dec 2012, 08:19

Well it was fact that the government knew that they would have lost if they had gone to trial, since their only defense for the clawback was that the contract "intended" to include Pension Act benefits, in spite of using the quantifying words "Income benefits", which doesn't include pain and suffering disability pensions. I almost wish that they hadn't had that motion hearing last year, because it let the Government test the waters and provided them with the opportunity to settle out of court after having "unofficially" losing the case. In fact we might, if they had not had the hearing, we may have already been to trial and had received the same decision, except then the Government wouldn't be able to weasel out of paying fair compensation, because it would be the court assigning the damages.

And Acerman, a few other problems with your statements.

1. SISIP will be paid to the estate of any deceased Veteran up to the date they passed, or to the date they stopped being eligible.
2. Ontario teachers are not controlled by the federal government.
3. The public service pension issue was decided by the Supreme Court, not the GoC. Unfortunately this just left the door open for the GoC to do it again, since we currently have another multi-billion dollar surplus, and they're increasing the premiums, which will make that surplus explode, until the Tories decide that they can dip their fingers into to pay off the debt..
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Sun 23 Dec 2012, 04:34

Supremedebater :

"The government knew right well they were going to lose. This is fact!"
I wish I was just as naive as you.........

1. GOC fought us......"LOST"or did they... by not appealing.......
2. Plan "B" went into affect......by not paying damages,lawyer fees, charging more taxes, health care fees,ect...(did they lose?)
3. More Vets died due to stress and other issues and will never have to pay out over all these years. No payment = win for GOC
4. Public being mislead as to our true treatment as they can because we have a history of doing nothing.
5. This has lead the GOC NOW to force others "take the deal", as in teachers,(their contracts in Ontario), Public servants recent denial to get back $30 billion in stolen pension funds. Service members losing their severance pay.....the list goes on.

YEH........Supremedebater "The government knew right well they were going to lose. This is fact!"..............bullsh#t.

acerman1234

[code]
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 22:26

The government knew right well they were going to lose. This is fact!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 21:24

I'm still mystified as to why the government ended the ELB/Vac program clawback without a court order. Was it because people petitioned the government or was it because the DoJ saw a future liability scenario?

Last edited by pigeons.ca on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 21:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added clawback to make sense.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 20:56

Ragingflapjacks wrote:you are behind the eight ball surpremedebator its all figured out

Yes I understand it is, but to your knowledge how did they figure it out...this you do not know yet right? So they WOULD have...is that better or should I change my name to "behind the eight ball" lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 20:53

Do you know the outcome? If not then it comes down to being positive does it not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 20:49

you are behind the eight ball surpremedebator its all figured out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 20:28

Positive outcome is the results from positive thinking, enjoy the christmas folks and trust me on this...Both negotiators will figure it out... No worries, have happy holidays!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 18:48

Pigeons.ca

They paddle with staccato feet
In powder-pools of sunlight,
Small blue busybodies
Strutting like fat gentlemen
With hands clasped
Under their swallowtail coats;
And, as they stump about,
Their heads like tiny hammers
Tap at imaginary nails
In non-existent walls.
Elusive ghosts of sunshine
Slither down the green gloss
Of their necks in an instant, and are gone.

Summer hangs drugged from sky to earth
In limpid fathoms of silence:
Only warm dark dimples of sound
Slide like slow bubbles
From the contented throats.

Raise a casual hand -
With one quick gust
They fountain into air.

Just so u dont feel left out Pigeon during your 15th PMS cycle (Pre Med Screening for Sisisp)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 18:33

The 13th baktun cycle= Rusty's ascention to heaven.
The 14th baktun cycle (sunday)= george dumont saves the world.
It all makes sense now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 18:17

it is over i am in heaven with wings and i see the settlement ....but i cant tell you sorry Jesus said not too ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next