Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post judgement payments from May 2012 to October 2012 are being heldup by our legal team

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post judgement payments from May 2012 to October 2012 are being heldup by our legal team Empty Re: Post judgement payments from May 2012 to October 2012 are being heldup by our legal team

Post by peep Wed 19 Jun 2013, 20:43

No Teentiten, not the Therapy corner!  The other evil peep lives their and haunts me.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post judgement payments from May 2012 to October 2012 are being heldup by our legal team Empty Re: Post judgement payments from May 2012 to October 2012 are being heldup by our legal team

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 19:49

zero, as you know from my post, that I am happy with the way MC has handled our Law suit. There is one thing that we both can agree on, is that it would be very helpful if MC would provide us with the number of processed claims, that they receive each Month, regardless of rather the app is updated or not. This would give us a more clear understanding on what is coming next. Maybe they have their reasons why they did not provide it on the last batch, if my memory serves me right, I believe that they did provide us that info on the first batch. We now have a member who is communicating with MC, so lets hope that we get that info on the next batch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 17:37

Okay teen, I'll put a lid on the potty-lingo...but I can still think it. lol 

I also got the over 2000 processed files direct from SISIP, so the intel can't be that faulty.

As for the "hinkiness"...MC can put an easy halt to speculation by doing what they promised to do, letting us know the number of processed claims they received. It would be in the least polite to let us know some "figures" from behind the scenes, and perhaps an obligation on their part to show some kindness. Their silence speaks volumes.

I'll go a step further than the Law Society of Canada, I'll take it up with the DoJ representative and Justice Barnes himself. In all fairness, they should be far more open with us than just stating they are filing court papers for "clarification" so they can ding those 4 months for legals fees.

I did see that someone received an e-mail from MC stating that those 4 months would not have legal fees drawn from it...so why are they continuing to file that? It makes no sense at all...and I'll be damned if they expect me to pay any legal fees after the fact...I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person here who would tell them to pucker for their backside and make it a sloppy one...if they expect to get back any coin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 17:34

How long does it take to get access to information with regards to sisip? Would that be an option to get the info from sisip on OUR files/claims?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 19 Jun 2013, 17:15

First of all Zero you are right "guest" had no right to say that to you.  It did deserve a reply but in the future keep the foul language down.  Only place to swear is Therapy Corner.

That goes for everyone ok.  I have been a little late in reminders so let's keep it clean.

Second I was the person who said 2000 claims.  That was bad intel on my part and I have already taken responsibility for it.  But how many claims SISIP does process each month is something we should know but they are not legally bound to talk to us.  They answer only to the law firm.

So when all is said and done in October maybe we can get the stats and if there is some 'hinky' business by MC then it's the Law Society of Canada's place to investigate.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 19 Jun 2013, 16:38

That makes me happy.

Ready for Julys draw
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 15:39

peep, you will receive the retro from MC minus the four Months, within the 6 Months time frame as ordered. The 4 Months will come to you from Manulife at around the same time you receive your retro from MC. If you go back to the same title thread, and go back to page 12, you will see the official email from MC.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 19 Jun 2013, 15:25

Was not doubting you, just getting clarification.  SISIP told me that when they phoned me to inform me my LTD was started.  If I had just phoned them, I most likely would not of had a informative answer.  The question still stands.  And is still Gray.  Will they send out the checks minus the 4 months and then sent the 4 months out after the court action, or wait till the court action is done for those that fall into it.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 15:21

The judge's order is extremely clear, why MC has to throw a wrench into the mix is for their own selfish reasons...and now they are doing what they accused SISIP of doing all along, withholding funds. The pot is calling the kettle black, and MC is no better than their accusations...bloody shameful. This has been my point all along, it's all about money with them now, otherwise they would have shown some transparency of how many claims they actually received and how many they're holding on to for this "clarification". It's great that others are getting their retro, but for us who've been struggling without it for so long, hey MC, we need our money too! I don't think MC is holding back all of the zero sum clients, because that would make it too obvious, but I bet they are the majority...why else would SISIP have told many of us that they did over 2000 files last month...but only 1141 were paid out by MC? Something isn't jiving here and it's not with SISIP, they're following the court order, but who's watching MC? There is no stipulation to watch what MC is up, so they can pretty much do what they like...and have you noticed, anytime anyone has brought up the fact that so few claims have been paid out, they always point the finger at SISIP and always quote that there is "someone" watching them...but no one is watching MC, they're "supposed" to be the good guys in all of this...give me a break. 

When someone mentioned here that SISIP had processed over 2000 files with a week and a half left in May, I called myself and sure enough I was told the same thing...where are the remaining files? Why did MC suddenly bring up the issue of those 4 months with the court prior to June's payments being received? Trying to get a straight answer from MC is nearly impossible...but if more people put the heat on them by calling, e-mailing to get answers...the truth will slip out. Has anyone asked SISIP how many files they've processed for July yet? I bet it's over 2000 again already...and payout for July will probably be roughly 1100-1300, the majority not being zero sum, with maybe a few being "allowed" to slip through as not to attract attention. I wonder if we have access to these mediators right now, if they can shed some "official light" on why the delays, and why MC waited 2 months into payments before running to the courts with their newest money-grab. Certainly they have 900 zero-sum claims sitting in a pending box, but they'll never admit to it...that would be akin to committing legal suicide...so while we wait, they're doing what for us? I think the operative word would be..."NOTHING".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 15:15

peep, the info I posted was from a title here on CSAT ( Peter Drisccoll's response 1141 members / cheks ) page 13. Our good friend Recon was in communication with the Law firm, and Recon was relaying the comms to CSAT. Also another member has received and email from the Law firm that confirms that. And there were others that spoke with the Law firm that also confirm that. My dealings with sisip in regards to getting answers, were not good, each time I asked a question I got a different answer  from one person to the next,  on the same question. Also if I'm not mistaken, sisip has been told to relay all contacts in regards to the Law suit, to MC.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 19 Jun 2013, 14:49

Trooper, who told this info.  I really like it, but is it just your feeling, or was this told to you by your SISIP Case Manager.

Both Acerman0123 and myself have been told by SISIP that this is holding up our claims.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 14:20

The last update was that the payments for June, July, Aug and Sept are before the courts, once a decision has been made they will be paid out separately from our retro. So there is to be no delay on your regular retro cheque, maybe just those four Months, if you go back and read the Judge's final order, he makes it crystal clear that no Legal fees to be applied beyond May of 2012. So I am not to concerned about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 14:03

As I see it there is no gag order and we now have an issue with a possible change or an update to the final order involving MAY to OCT payments so why have we not been kept informed or at leaste told of what is going on, some questions have been raised about the possible delays to the release of Zero sum funds untill this issue is taken care of or to the fact that why would the law firm have control over this money at all, would not SISIP just pay us that direct? as well as other question reguarding this issue of MAY to OCT payments.

If we are paying them would it not be our right to have an update on this NEW issue?

As for any one who try's to see through the smoke and mirrors to the clear picture beyound, good for you keep doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 13:49

Yes zero sum absolutely, I agree, guest had no right to attack you in that manner. You have every right to defend yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 13:39

OMG, another "guest" comment about my supposed issues. lol Hey, if you can't come forward with your real username, then don't bother me with your uneducated, pseudo-psychological bullshit. I know where I stand, how about you with yet another insulting comment. Sorry if my education displeases you and you just can't keep up, but spare me with your fallacy psycho babble, okay, "guesty-poo". I have the right to comment as I see fit on any topic, and I certainly have the right to insult when insulted...come out of your shadow "guest", I already know who you are by the way you write, your sentence structure and eagerness to put anyone down who has an opinion different than yours...get a grip and get a life, douchebag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next