Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

$1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL Empty Re: $1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 20:17

Hard to know until the logistics happen...it would only be fair though that any full-time student can at least have a stab to reduce their student loan. Thanks for the help.

Back to top Go down

$1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL Empty Re: $1 MILLION DONATED BY CLASS COUNSEL

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 20:13

That is a good questions, my guess would be no, because I believe there is a set date period, which I believe will start the year the funds become available. But I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 20:09

Any documentation for qualification? From what I understand it's for all class members and their families...however, what if someone has been out of the loop for that long, that their children have already completed a post-secondary education during that time...could it be used to pay down a student loan? Would be interesting to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 20:01

The last I heard, it was going to be available for us by OCT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 19:59

What about the $10 million in bursaries, any word on that yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 19:58

Well I expect at some point in the near future, we will be told where the money is going, after all it is part of the Legal proposal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 19:44

That fellow in K-Town had "marital" issues. His wife had previously been posted to Pet and was already there, he just got his posting to Pet and she told him that she found someone else. Not much could have been done in that regard, unfortunately.  However, there are many suffering in silence that could use some sort of initiative they could turn to outside of the "military" realm...you know what I mean. If there were a vote to send that million to a worthwhile cause, it would go much further toward the prevention rather than basic legal advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 19:06

Yes that is sad, they reach a breaking point, and than it's all over. I read somewhere that the Government was suppose to be providing funding for new programs, for suicide prevention within our forces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 19:00

Suicide prevention funding for soldiers and veterans would save lives ~ we lost a soldier last week to such at CFB Kingston ~ R.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 13:41

Yes saillor, I agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 13:39

They should give to the homeless vets
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 21:01

If MC is keeping this and using toward future "legal" advice...I wonder how long it'll take their meter to hit $1 million before they cut it off completely, stating, "sorry, you snooze you lose...try again next month".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 19:10

Thanks propat , I just find it a bit odd , that nothing has been said about this to date. Also the word justice in this  statement, I would think would indicate some sort of fund ability for a Veteran seeking justice of some sort , but that hasn't been made clear, and or confirmed to my knowledge. That is why I am trying to get more up to date info on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 18:59

good question trooper I would hope this could help out people like k-9 while he is fighting for us.yes I know a judicial review is cheep relative to a lawsuit but it aint free.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 18:51

I still did not get and answer as to what is happening with this donation. This in my view could , if put in the proper place , help out some Veterans. If anyone has heard anything about this , could you provide us with the update. Please and Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next