Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Will Our Retro Cheques Be Ready?

+5
OldZipperhead
dennismanuge
bigrex
peep
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

When Will Our Retro Cheques Be Ready? Empty Re: When Will Our Retro Cheques Be Ready?

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 08:24

I have the cancelled cheque and did claim it on taxes that year. That was the second time they came after me for an overpayment. The first time forced me into bankruptcy. All good now though.

Back to top Go down

When Will Our Retro Cheques Be Ready? Empty Re: When Will Our Retro Cheques Be Ready?

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 08:10

You can bet your bottom dollar they did as it is a taxable allowance, did you get a receipt from SISIP after your return payment. If you did you should have been able to declare that reimbursement on your tax return for 08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 08:06

SteveRobbieRoyal, what puddleduk was asking me was that when SISIP wanted the overpayment back from me in 2007 did they charge ME interest for the supposedly overpayment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:40

interest rates? on what puddleduk

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:35

just curious on the rate if any, "what's good for the goose" the saying goes
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:11

upwards to 20 % I calculated puddleduk, could be wrong but I don't believe so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 06:53

Puddleduk, No I owed them 7000 and that's what i paid back. I don't think they tacked on interest.

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 08 Jan 2013, 20:09

doesnt affect me as i was a over twenty four month zero sum, but

what interest rate did SISIP charge any of those including admin fees on sums clawed back previous to the May 1st 2012 decision?
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 18:03

Thanks Sparrow, I figured as much just was not sure of the safeguards or lack thereof in SISIP's system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 16:51

In any event, let's hope some money comes before the insurance company is finished repairing the collapsed ceiling in my kitchen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 16:46

OldVet, your like me , reinstated monthly, your retro will be fast!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Tue 08 Jan 2013, 16:43

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 17:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 16:11

Will's you will have returned to you all the money that was repaid back to sisip due to overpayments et al as per my conversation with my cm at sisip yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 16:08

Hopefully SISIP has a record of the lump sum payments they made us return to them at different stages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 15:24

Hey Nav, kind of lost here, did you think the guys like you and I would be looked after first?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next