Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA less than 1.6% for 2013

Go down

COLA less than 1.6% for 2013 Empty Re: COLA less than 1.6% for 2013

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 22 Jan 2013, 21:00

Wife Of Sapper here,
Just hoping that my comments earlier were not too harsh. This whole affair has been extremely stressful, as I am sure you all know too well. (Yes, good things can be stressful!) Just wanted to say SISIP came today, Sapper and I went out for a nice lunch and a very informative appointment with a "CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER". She assures us that yes, there will be tax implications, but will help us over the bumps. And yes, it is a good deal, despite the lack of personalized info. Glad it is soon to be done for us.
Wife of Sapper - Out.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 12:55

By the way " The Sisip COLA " is .....ONLY ..... 1.25 % for 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:54

opps Sapper wife and Greatfoot I posted my response in this topic
$20000000.00 Million for McInnes Cooper, -$100,000.00 for Dennis Manuge,-$415000000.00 million Returned to GOC via Taxes (Income tax and GST) Write your PM your MP its up to Y_O_U!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:46

Because we are also paying legal fees up front, right now, on future amounts, if we are still eligible for LTD, and the lawfirm has to 'forecast' what those future payments are to be if they are to calculate what the legal fees on them are.

To make it more clear, if the lawfirm forecasts that future COLA is 2%, and it turns out to be 1.6%, then we are paying legal fees on 0.4% of money we never receive, etc, etc, etc.

I am not begrudging paying the legal fees, I just want to be sure that I am paying the right amount.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:09

Soldierboy.
Wife of Sapper here. Lets get ONE THING STRAIGHT right now. WE ARE GRATEFULL. we never said that we are not completely thankful and honoured that one man had the balls to step forward and say "ENOUGH' to the SISIP clawbacks. Yes, we have money in our pocket where there was none before, years of lean finances will never be ours again, thanks to Dennis Manuge. And lets get another thing straight. This is a life changing deal for any disabled vet out there. My question to you is who among us would sign off on a multi million or billion dollar deal without knowing in detail what it means for you financially with regards to personal taxes in the years to follow? So any of you who get off on telling us to just be gratefull, I tell you, go ahead and blow your wad, the taxman will still come a callin!
Wife of Sapper.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

COLA less than 1.6% for 2013 Empty Zeroooooed Summed again But I am thankful! Vroom Vroom

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:26

Sapper Zodiak whats .04%- after paying 17.7% legal fees and 43.2% Fed and Provincial taxes and then 13% Gst- and a 2000 dollar trip in Feb to thank Dennis for a Job Well done.
Lets do the math Smile

I have $95000 - $16815.00 legal fees = $78185 - $33775 taxes owing = $43409.00
I lose 54.31% ....Now after the trip to Halifax and replacing my worn out 1998 Honda and paying off my high interest CC .....ZEROOOOOOO Sum In my account.
I am getting a 2011 dodge ram truck with dingle balls on my rear-view mirror! ( A dodge you must suffer from serious illness PTSD at its fineness )

Will McInnnes Cooper post their tax payable can you imagine $66000000.00 taxes owing likely 30 Million so we all get the shaft.
I still love CANADA - BTW I am buying all the drinks at the Party! Is the Legal Firm buying lunch Dennis for those that show up?Smile

Back to top Go down

COLA less than 1.6% for 2013 Empty COLA less than 1.6% for 2013

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 22 Jan 2013, 09:57

Just received my sisip payment, first one for the new year. It seems our COLA is quite low at 1.6%, considering our Lawyers assumed a COLA of 2% per year on our retro pay. This could drastically change our "Refund" amount in our lawsuit. I am not saying we are getting shafted again or anything, simply our numbers could be off. Way off.
Chimo
Zodiak

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down