Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice Barnes / Peter Dricoll , is the " GOC " now allowed to TAX and PROFIT from retroactive $$$ THEY CLAWEDBACK ILLEGALLY from a Veterans Disability ??? Feb.14/15,2013 CTV NATIONAL , HEADLINE NEWS , 33 MILLION CANADIANS WATCHING ...

+2
321HTRCN
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Justice Barnes  /  Peter Dricoll  ,  is the  " GOC "  now allowed to TAX  and  PROFIT  from  retroactive $$$ THEY CLAWEDBACK  ILLEGALLY from a Veterans Disability ??? Feb.14/15,2013  CTV NATIONAL , HEADLINE NEWS , 33 MILLION  CANADIANS WATCHING ... Empty Re: Justice Barnes / Peter Dricoll , is the " GOC " now allowed to TAX and PROFIT from retroactive $$$ THEY CLAWEDBACK ILLEGALLY from a Veterans Disability ??? Feb.14/15,2013 CTV NATIONAL , HEADLINE NEWS , 33 MILLION CANADIANS WATCHING ...

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jan 2013, 16:42

no prob wills hey even though i knew a few laws i didnt state that as such in my letter i just used things like i dont think this should be allowed ore this is not right ore fair.something allong these lines ya it sounds like acting stupid but it may be more palitable to the judges ear.

propat

Back to top Go down

Justice Barnes  /  Peter Dricoll  ,  is the  " GOC "  now allowed to TAX  and  PROFIT  from  retroactive $$$ THEY CLAWEDBACK  ILLEGALLY from a Veterans Disability ??? Feb.14/15,2013  CTV NATIONAL , HEADLINE NEWS , 33 MILLION  CANADIANS WATCHING ... Empty Re: Justice Barnes / Peter Dricoll , is the " GOC " now allowed to TAX and PROFIT from retroactive $$$ THEY CLAWEDBACK ILLEGALLY from a Veterans Disability ??? Feb.14/15,2013 CTV NATIONAL , HEADLINE NEWS , 33 MILLION CANADIANS WATCHING ...

Post by Rags Fri 25 Jan 2013, 08:54

Wills,
Nice. Just a few comments.
Loose the second paragraph except first line and last line.
In recommendations to judge keep comment 1) and 5) loose 2,3,and 4. You may want to add a third after 1 and 5 such as. 3) If you find merit in recommendation 1 but find recommendation 5 to be too excessive to be valid then please find in favor of less burden on the GOV to pay as % liability of the legal fees of MC with class paying remainder. I leave the % imposed on GOV to pay MC legal fees to your discretion based on your judgement of there malice. As for GOV legal fees they should be responsible for there own.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jan 2013, 08:28

wills buds ya know i loves ya but sit in the judges seat and read this pleas.i realy like your message but the way it is presented may turn him off.ive said this before when we disscussed wrighting these letters so i got to point this out again.ive seen my fair share of judges get angry sometimes when lawyers try to argue ore point out case law to them and even angryer when laymen do it.think of this guy ploping himself down beside you while your fireing your wepon and making sudjestions about modifying your shooting habbits for a better outcome.buds i would avoid at all costs pointing out law and case law to a federal court judge.yes you may have to state some legalities but do this verry sparingly.

just my thoughts for your concideration.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jan 2013, 05:55

Thanks I will follow the guidelines. Any suggestions, changes anybody wants to make on this before I submit today?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jan 2013, 04:28

Will's Ridge wrote:Justice Barnes,
It with great hesitancy that i write this letter. I have reviewed the proposed settlement that was bought to fruition after numerous bargaining sessions between the plaintiff's and defendant's representatives. I am in agreement with the majority of the agreement, however, I am troubled by the fact that we, the plaintiffs, must assume the huge legal fees resulting from this lawsuit. I am informed that you personally referred to the government's actions in this clawback as being illegal? I have reviewed numerous case files regarding the awarding, or lack thereof, of legal fees in class action lawsuits. It seems to me, a layperson with no experience in your world of legalities, case law reviews etc. that there is always a huge burden to prove that one side or the other in these lawsuits should shoulder all the accumulated legal fees. In fact, I recently obtained a personal family file from the Newfoundland Supreme Court (File # 1983 No. 844) that dated back to 1982 whereby a neighbour maliciously tried to partition off five of our acres and called these acres her own. I was a young man and actually was witness to her callousness when she stated to my uncle "Go ahead take me to court, you can't afford to take that route with your seven kids to feed". All documentation, including a 1904 land grant signed by the king's representative, was all the evidence the family needed when we did in fact muster up the required funds to take this wealthy Doctor to court. I was very surprised when I noted in the file that the judge in 1983 did not rule that this neighbour had to assume ALL legal fees ,but that both parties had to pay their own fees. Basically, the judge summarized in writing that he felt the Doctor actually thought the land was hers and did not act maliciously, even though there were numerous statements on file to the contrary.

My point is that you must have had a very very good reason on which to base your statement that the government acted illegally in continuing the clawback of our LTD payments. Did you base this assertion on sound reasoning after reviewing the complete file, including the files and statements of several inter-governmental departments that ALL advised the government of the day to cease and desist this unlawful clawback? I realize there is a huge burden of proof when awarding legal costs to one side or the other in these legal battles, however, I strongly suspect this burden of proof has been amply met in this case, otherwise you and others would not have utilized the term "ILLEGAL" is discussing GOC's participation.

I do not know what your legal parameters, limits and leeway in bringing this case to closure are, however, I would like to make the following recommendations:
1) Approve this settlement as submitted with the exception of the disposition of legal fees;
2) Have the class members be reimbursed what they are owed with the exception of the legal fees. These fees should be deducted from the members as stated in the agreement, however, the funds should be placed in trust pending final resolution;
3) Conduct or cause to be conducted a full review of the decision to have the class assume these fees;
4) Find in favour of the class and redistribute the funds held in trust back to the members; and
5) Find the GOC liable for all legal fees due to their malicious and illegal participation in these clawbacks.

In summary, I do not know if you have the jurisdiction or power to implement any or all of my recommendations but I hope you give this your full attention and possibly seek other internal avenues which could result in the justice I seek.

G. A. Tobin
Service Number R40-547-996
Veteran Affairs File No. K5939053
GaTobin
Please follow the guide line on novetleftbehind.ca for submission procedures...This needs to be included well done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jan 2013, 04:22

Nothing I mean Nothing could make Vets more happy with this settlement than to have the legal fees lowered or the GoC to cover them. Besides if they the government paid for them they would get most of it back in Taxes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 20:23

Thanks DeeCee. Don't know if Im totally off base as I really don't know the judge's areas of responsibility and what he can or cannot do. Oh well, my point was made nontheless

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Thu 24 Jan 2013, 20:15

Very well articulated Will's. Chris
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 19:58

Justice Barnes,
It with great hesitancy that i write this letter. I have reviewed the proposed settlement that was bought to fruition after numerous bargaining sessions between the plaintiff's and defendant's representatives. I am in agreement with the majority of the agreement, however, I am troubled by the fact that we, the plaintiffs, must assume the huge legal fees resulting from this lawsuit. I am informed that you personally referred to the government's actions in this clawback as being illegal? I have reviewed numerous case files regarding the awarding, or lack thereof, of legal fees in class action lawsuits. It seems to me, a layperson with no experience in your world of legalities, case law reviews etc. that there is always a huge burden to prove that one side or the other in these lawsuits should shoulder all the accumulated legal fees. In fact, I recently obtained a personal family file from the Newfoundland Supreme Court (File # 1983 No. 844) that dated back to 1982 whereby a neighbour maliciously tried to partition off five of our acres and called these acres her own. I was a young man and actually was witness to her callousness when she stated to my uncle "Go ahead take me to court, you can't afford to take that route with your seven kids to feed". All documentation, including a 1904 land grant signed by the king's representative, was all the evidence the family needed when we did in fact muster up the required funds to take this wealthy Doctor to court. I was very surprised when I noted in the file that the judge in 1983 did not rule that this neighbour had to assume ALL legal fees ,but that both parties had to pay their own fees. Basically, the judge summarized in writing that he felt the Doctor actually thought the land was hers and did not act maliciously, even though there were numerous statements on file to the contrary.

My point is that you must have had a very very good reason on which to base your statement that the government acted illegally in continuing the clawback of our LTD payments. Did you base this assertion on sound reasoning after reviewing the complete file, including the files and statements of several inter-governmental departments that ALL advised the government of the day to cease and desist this unlawful clawback? I realize there is a huge burden of proof when awarding legal costs to one side or the other in these legal battles, however, I strongly suspect this burden of proof has been amply met in this case, otherwise you and others would not have utilized the term "ILLEGAL" is discussing GOC's participation.

I do not know what your legal parameters, limits and leeway in bringing this case to closure are, however, I would like to make the following recommendations:
1) Approve this settlement as submitted with the exception of the disposition of legal fees;
2) Have the class members be reimbursed what they are owed with the exception of the legal fees. These fees should be deducted from the members as stated in the agreement, however, the funds should be placed in trust pending final resolution;
3) Conduct or cause to be conducted a full review of the decision to have the class assume these fees;
4) Find in favour of the class and redistribute the funds held in trust back to the members; and
5) Find the GOC liable for all legal fees due to their malicious and illegal participation in these clawbacks.

In summary, I do not know if you have the jurisdiction or power to implement any or all of my recommendations but I hope you give this your full attention and possibly seek other internal avenues which could result in the justice I seek.

G. A. Tobin
Service Number R40-547-996
Veteran Affairs File No. K5939053

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 24 Jan 2013, 17:39

Wills Ridge, it was Justice Barnes who used the word illegal, so he is well aware of what the government has done to us
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 16:41

321HTRCN, Thanks. I have a recommendation for a solid letter and will put forth my thoughts after supper tonight. It basically involves the fact that Judge Barnes is almost obligated to look at this word "ILLEGAL" since it was formally utilized by a Federal Court Judge in reference to the conduct of GOC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum