Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice Barnes / Peter Dricoll , is the " GOC " now allowed to TAX and PROFIT from retroactive $$$ THEY CLAWEDBACK ILLEGALLY from a Veterans Disability ??? Feb.14/15,2013 CTV NATIONAL , HEADLINE NEWS , 33 MILLION CANADIANS WATCHING ...

+2
321HTRCN
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Justice Barnes  /  Peter Dricoll  ,  is the  " GOC "  now allowed to TAX  and  PROFIT  from  retroactive $$$ THEY CLAWEDBACK  ILLEGALLY from a Veterans Disability ??? Feb.14/15,2013  CTV NATIONAL , HEADLINE NEWS , 33 MILLION  CANADIANS WATCHING ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Barnes / Peter Dricoll , is the " GOC " now allowed to TAX and PROFIT from retroactive $$$ THEY CLAWEDBACK ILLEGALLY from a Veterans Disability ??? Feb.14/15,2013 CTV NATIONAL , HEADLINE NEWS , 33 MILLION CANADIANS WATCHING ...

Post by 321HTRCN Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:35

Will's Ridge
I hear you brother but after 15 yrs of fighting with Vac, then Sisip it gets to you and being polite and nice just does not work. Thanks for your input.

321HTRCN
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Justice Barnes  /  Peter Dricoll  ,  is the  " GOC "  now allowed to TAX  and  PROFIT  from  retroactive $$$ THEY CLAWEDBACK  ILLEGALLY from a Veterans Disability ??? Feb.14/15,2013  CTV NATIONAL , HEADLINE NEWS , 33 MILLION  CANADIANS WATCHING ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Barnes / Peter Dricoll , is the " GOC " now allowed to TAX and PROFIT from retroactive $$$ THEY CLAWEDBACK ILLEGALLY from a Veterans Disability ??? Feb.14/15,2013 CTV NATIONAL , HEADLINE NEWS , 33 MILLION CANADIANS WATCHING ...

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:54

No not a worry SteveRobbie, just wanted to let everyone know so that we could do some additions to the original list sent out. Hope mine was received in a good amount of in boxes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 07:46

Sorry Bugout you are right about some of the addresses I posted have returned and most are working, I received these addresses from an earlier post and re-posted, sorry if some do not work, my suggestion is that should you want to contact anyone just surf and google, again sorry for any inconvenience troops, no ill intentions here, fair winds

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 06:50

321HTRCN, I actually agree fully with the term and yes it was used in the decision. I was just imagining the reaction and maybe you are right....we need shock value. Just always scared when we throw accusations (even when true) people or GOC get their back up and fight harder than normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 01:45

Just a FYI that the majority of the email addresses are coming back with an undeliverable notification.
I just sent my email and am getting the notices continually in my inbox.
I have been following your forum for a long time so when this happened I thought I better let you guys know.
Keep up the great work.
Bug Out

Back to top Go down

Post by 321HTRCN Wed 23 Jan 2013, 23:47

I have no problem with that as you have earned that right as a veteran.

321HTRCN
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 20:47

I am going to write up a letter also. Since my claim only goes back 3 years I will have to pay approx $4000 dollars out of my pocket for legal fees AFTER the interest top ups. I feel that this is wrong and should be rectified. All in all I just want what is owed in my pocket not somebody elses.

I do however understand that the lawyers have made a case for the greater good and some will get more in interest and possibly gain some money from this agreement and others like me will have to pay. In all fairness we should all benefit equally.

If the all the total legal fees were dropped to 10-11% of the Gross amount we recieve, then Zero Sums like me may just break even. So I am going to write about and ask for the lawyers fees (hst....ect) drop to this level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 19:46

their might be a legal differance between illegally taking money away and steeling.but to me their is no differance at all.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 19:42

here is one from peter right after the decission.

“This ruling is a signal for the Government of Canada to stop illegally taking money away from Canada’s disabled veterans and stop any legal action against disabled veterans who cannot afford to hand over more money,” said Mr. Driscoll. “This is the time to start treating Canada’s veterans with the honour and dignity they deserve.”

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 321HTRCN Wed 23 Jan 2013, 19:37

I would like to clarify my comments and here is the news release after we won

HALIFAX, May 29, 2012 /CNW/ - Following a long five-year class action lawsuit between disabled veterans and the Government of Canada, disabled veterans expressed relief that the Federal Court of Canada decision in their favour will not be appealed.

"This has been a long five-year class action lawsuit between disabled veterans and the Government of Canada and its is great to see that they are doing the right thing," said Canadian veteran and lead plaintiff Dennis Manuge. "They have listened to Canada's disabled veterans, and clearly they wanted to do the right thing."

The Class Action was initiated in March of 2007 on behalf of Dennis Manuge and all other disabled veterans whose SISIP Long Term Disability Benefits are reduced by the amount of the monthly Veterans Affairs Canada Disability Pension we receive under the Pension Act.  On May 1st, 2012, the Federal Court of Canada ruled that the Government of Canada acted illegally in making deductions from veterans' long term disability benefits.
The findings use the term illegal as I did. The word stoled was used in an example to compare situations. I did not say the GOC stoled from us.

321HTRCN
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 23 Jan 2013, 19:06

I think the saying that fits here perfectly is "Ignorance is not a defense"! They can't even honestly claim that they were truly ignorant after all the sources that have said that the claw back was wrong. There was even legal precedence when the Ontario Supreme Court ruled the Workers Compensation that it was illegal to reduced their LTD benefits due to the recipient also getting a Pension Act pension.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 18:35

i think stole illegally is great just becouse they say they didnt know it was illegal doest make it leagal today.now that they know what they did is illeagal are they still going to proffit from thoes illegal activities.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 18:13

Dave, good stuff, I am, however, concerned with the term "Stole Illegally". I agree 1000% that the GOC did steal it illegally but unfortunately the judge did not see it that way. Any way we can soften it up a bit? Maybe say QUOTE Is the GOC now allowed to tax and profit from retroactive $$$ they knew, or ought to have known were fully due our veterans? Why did GOC repeatedly ignore their own internal reports and submissions to the contrary?
Just a recommendation. Maybe others can add or change the wording to give it strength?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next