Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD

+3
bigrex
Teentitan
VetWife
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CPPD Empty Re: CPPD

Post by Vet1234 Tue 22 May 2018, 16:12

So how does retro payment work?
I applied in Sept of 2017 and I'm still waiting on a decision. I've had to send more info twice. If approved do i receive 12 months retro plus the 10 months its taken to process? or 12 months max?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Sun 20 May 2018, 09:07

Thank you Nemo. I was dreaming big ... thinking that one day I will be ... working:)

Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sat 19 May 2018, 20:26

For 2018 you can make $5500 as far as CPP(D) goes
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Sat 19 May 2018, 19:40

One more question. Can one be on CPPD and do some paid work?
Any deductions? How would that work with the 'allowed' income by VAC ?

Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 11 Apr 2018, 09:13

Thanks bigrex. Another 'ouch'! getting 15% from VAC (ELB)

czerv
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 11 Apr 2018, 09:05

You would only need to inform VAC if you were getting ELB, because that could cause a whole other can of worms.

CF Pension Office - 1-800-267-0325

Good luck and remember, that it's your money, so don't be afraid to fight for it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 11 Apr 2018, 08:17

Ouch! Thanks bigrex.
What a mess with these parasites. Should I also notify VAC about getting CPPD? or no point in getting tangled with them.
One more favor? would anyone have a working phone number to mil pensions office? or correct address?
Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 10 Apr 2018, 21:41

Yes, because even though SISIP is getting everything, the pension office will reduce your pension by the bridge benefit, which will also create an overpayment situation. Persona;;y, I would have held off on telling SISIP, until after the CF pension was sorted out. But at the end of the day, remember that SISIP has to top you up to the 75% amount for those months, so regardless of what overpayments are claimed, they cannot make you pay any money that would drop you below that 75%.

Example, last month a Veterans' 75% total was $4000, and he got a $1000 CF pension, leaving a SISIP payment of $3000. Now he got a CPP(D) retroactive payment for that month of $1000. Now if both SISIP and the CF pension office request a repayment, because it dropped each payment by $1000, and $250 respectively, that would put the Veterans overall income for that month at only $3800, and it would be SISIP responsibility to pay you that additional $200.. Now Imagine that they say you have to pay back a year or two, and SISIP doesn't pay the difference, that $200, turns into a several thousand, of what is technically your money..
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 10 Apr 2018, 20:55

Just got CPPD and SISIP/Manulife is getting it all. Do I still need to notify Pension Office (Military)?
Insurance company is getting it all
Thanks

czerv
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Wed 04 Apr 2018, 16:57

Just a heads up on CPPD and Pension. I sent pension office a fax in 2011 stating I was now getting CPPD and to adjust my pension accordingly. It took them approx 18 months and they then said I owed them money which I had no problem paying on a monthly basis. Payments ended in 2014 then received call last July 2017 saying they miscalculated and i still owed 3500 dollars. They have been taking out 260 per month ever since. WHAT I FAILED TO NOTICE was that the payments were not reflected on my T4 slips. In summary, I paid taxes based on my full pension amount with no reflection of payments made. Called CRA and they told me to call Gov Services as they issue T4s. Called them and they said to call pension office. Called them and received runaround. Please make sure any overpayments they are recouping from you are reflected in your Gross Amount and shows on your T4
Gerry
Gerry
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 21 Mar 2018, 22:32

Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 07:21

just your portion not the kids.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 06:53

Does sisup take all your CPPD or does it not take off your kids amout even if your kids are under 18 mine are 11 and 7 so I get it in my name for them is this right.??? Do they still deduct this amout??? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 19:29

I recd my CPPD and informed the pension people right away. They needed a piece of paperwork from CPPD before they would lower my pension amount which for some reason took 9 months so they ended up asking for a huge return of the overpayment. I agreed to let them take 200 per month extra until overpayment taken care of. So Vetwife as Teen stated, don't spend any backpay until you have everything resolved with pension

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 29 Jan 2013, 14:23

PIA does not deduct other sources of income, but ELB does, if he is receiving it. That being said, even though the CPP(D) is deducted twice per say, because it lowers the CF pension, which also gets deducted, ELB simply covers off that amount. In the end, you will not lose money each month now that the CPP(D) has been approved, or even gain some if you have children since child amounts do not get deducted. It can be confusing but that should ease your worries.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next