Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD

+3
bigrex
Teentitan
VetWife
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CPPD - Page 2 Empty Re: CPPD

Post by VetWife Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:52

Thanks guys, you are awesome, I have notified both VAC and CF pension office that its been approved, that was the first thing I did as I am aware there will be some kind of overpayment I was just curious as I need to reassure my husband that its all good. He doesn;t handle this kind of thing very well so thank you for your input, I hope you;re all having a great day!

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:45

His military pension will be clawed back. Not $4$. The only $4$ I know of is LTD, ELB. I'm not sure of PIA.

Some points to remember.... your retro for CPPD do not/not spend it until you get your CF Pension corrected. Also it is up to you to inform the CF Pension office about being in receipt of CPPD. If you don't and they find out 3/4 years down the road you will be in a huge pickle.

Also for CPPD you have to tell Service Canada what to deduct for taxes. The best formula you can use is 10% of your CPPD.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:44

wife i dont know about the pia as this is the first time ive hered of cppd being deducted from it.as for military pention there is a formula for that and not dollar 4 dollar.as a referance im a 20 year cpl.i get deducted arround $350.

hope this helps

propat

Back to top Go down

CPPD - Page 2 Empty CPPD

Post by VetWife Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:37

Can anyone advise how CPPD is deucted from PIA/supplement and CF pension? Finally, after all this time I got my husband to apply for CPPD, we rec'd a call today that its been approved but no specifics re amt etc. I'm wondering, in general, is this amount deducted $ 4 $ from CF oension and PIA or just a protion or? Can anyone answer this for me? VAC and CF pension office reluctant to provide any answers until we receive the actual notice of entitlement from CPP, they are still working thru the numbers etc so dont know and will advise in the next month, in the meantime my husband is freaking out thinking hes going to have a huge overpayment like with SISIP. The CPPD was backdated to Nov 2011, didn;t start revceiving the PIA until October 2012 so won;t be a big overpay there but maybe a full year of CF overpay? Anyone have any info they can provide?
Thanks

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2