Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get the media to cover a group of disabled veterans that are angry, fed up, emotional, overwhelmed (Are soldiers fighters prove it, use it ) that get to speak with the Judge Barnes.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Get the media to cover a group of disabled  veterans  that are angry, fed up, emotional, overwhelmed (Are soldiers fighters prove it, use it ) that get to speak with the Judge Barnes. Empty Re: Get the media to cover a group of disabled veterans that are angry, fed up, emotional, overwhelmed (Are soldiers fighters prove it, use it ) that get to speak with the Judge Barnes.

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 09 Feb 2013, 15:22

Actually our 2 cents will be unfortunately rounded down. So we must now give our three cents, as two cents equal zero cents now.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Get the media to cover a group of disabled  veterans  that are angry, fed up, emotional, overwhelmed (Are soldiers fighters prove it, use it ) that get to speak with the Judge Barnes. Empty Re: Get the media to cover a group of disabled veterans that are angry, fed up, emotional, overwhelmed (Are soldiers fighters prove it, use it ) that get to speak with the Judge Barnes.

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 15:22

This whole thing reminds me of a Union strike settlement vote and all the workers are being feed a load of shit from the union reps on how we should vote and see the deal. Only giving us a little info on how to actually view the document and the impacts of our vote. Most important that we have no voice we are to sit down shut up get fed the deal and accept it cause the union stewart tells us we should.

I know it is not that way but sure feels like it. A lack of information and the presentation of a slight angle on an issue that is not actually a lie is in its self a white lie by leaving something out that will guide us to a different result. It is called manipulation not a lie..

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 15:15

Agreed Rags, I have always been an advocate for organized respectful "freedom of speech", even if I don't agree with someone I will always respect their right to voice their beliefs, although in the same breath I believe there is no need for belittling and disrespectfulness to voice one's opinions. Just my 2 cents, soon to be rounded up to 5 cents once the penny is abolished. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 15:04

Ya too funny.

All I see is guys who know how to work the system and read a book getting into the details to understand whats going on cause we have had such little guidance as to how this whole thing works and what the detailed rules really are and how that impacts our choices
I'm very impressed with the people saying wait hold up that does not sound logical. Instead of just getting fed a load of non neutral ie they have an agenda crap by people who fear this deal is going to go away and its so close they can taste it.

We under law have a right to be part of the prosecution in a class action once the lead plaintiff gets the certification and before if they want help. But once the certification occurs we have a right to be consulted and act to direct our case. Someone has decided to not clearly state that and we are at a first stage after certification. This is our time, a little late as we should have been involved at the time Toope came on board. But we are not too late this is just the start of our involvement. Why people keep saying this is done and its over is just a bold down right lie of the facts and the law.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 15:03

If I were able to work this would be my new occupation......attorney at lower deck specializing in crying with a sub degree in being a spoiled brat. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:52

Yes Rags and according to Mr. jag aka user name "yourself" we would all be categorized as and I quote from his post " lower deck lawyers" lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:48

Very,very good idle there LDT4me. That way we can all interpret it our way and we will all agree on are oun versions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:48

It would appear there are only a few of us reading the law books, yourself, myself VALL2012, Propat, Bigrex and a few others.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:34

LOL,... in THIS forum it seems to be a safer prospect to quote the law book than to try to interpret it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:29

I love it when the law gets laid out from the book. Nicely done LTD4me. cheers

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:24

Some info regarding recording devices in a federal court room
ref: http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/MediaPolicy

Public and Media Access to the Federal Court

Hearings of the Federal Court, other than pre-trial or dispute resolution conferences, are generally open and accessible to the public and media, as are documents filed in Court. Specific exceptions relate to sealing orders, notably regarding commercial secrets in intellectual property cases, personal information in refugee cases; there are also certain statutory restrictions, such as those that apply in national security cases under the Canada Evidence Act, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act.

General sitting days of the Federal Court for the hearing of motions are Tuesday and Thursday in Ottawa, Monday in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, and on dates set by the Chief Justice in other locations. Refer to the following page on the Court’s website for further details:
http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/Motions_Hearings.

On Court premises, members of the public and media are requested to go about their business with the safety and dignity of the people coming and going uppermost in mind. Seating space in the courtroom is sometimes limited. For security purposes, Court personnel will take into account the size of the courtroom when admitting the public and media to Court proceedings. Standing during a proceeding is not permitted.

For the purpose of note-taking or electronic communication, laptop computers, Blackberries and similar devices are generally permitted in court provided they do not cause any disturbance to the proceedings. This applies to members of the media, counsel and members of the public.

Communications devices, such as cell phones, pagers and similar devices, are permitted in court provided they are set on silent mode and never used for voice communication.

Recording and Photographing Court Proceedings

Members of the media holding valid credentials may tape-record proceedings to verify their notes of what was said and done in court, but not for broadcast. Others (i.e., counsel or members of the public) must seek permission of the presiding judge; requests should be directed to the Court personnel or commissionaires.

In most of its proceedings, the Federal Court acts as a court of judicial review, without witnesses and under rules similar to those applicable to appeal courts. If written notice has been given within a reasonable time, the Court will generally grant requests to record (audio or video) or photograph judicial review proceedings for publication or broadcast.

Requests related to specific proceedings before the Court require permission of the Chief Justice, who will consult with the presiding judge. If a request is approved, the Executive Officer will work out the logistics.

Guidelines for electronic media coverage are set out in Appendix A.

Requests to conduct interviews on Court premises, or to record or photograph Court facilities, should be directed to the Executive Officer.

Media Access to Court Documents

As a general rule, all Court documents are a matter of public record unless a legislative provision or Court order prohibits public access.

However, upon request of a litigant, the Court may order that certain material be sealed in order to protect the confidentiality of personal or corporate information. Before a sealing order is made, an applicant must show to the Court’s satisfaction that confidentiality is warranted, notwithstanding the Court’s general preference for, and the public interest in, open and accessible court proceedings.

Publication bans

Members of the media have standing to be heard and to raise objections in open court when a party requests that a judge impose a non-statutory ban (Dagenais v. Canadian Broadcasting Corp., [1994] 3 S.C.R. 835). In the exercise of their common law or discretionary authority to impose publication bans, judges must weigh all competing Charter rights (e.g., freedom of expression, right to a fair trial) and only impose the minimal ban necessary to protect fundamental rights.

Non-statutory publication bans are rarely sought or imposed in Federal Court proceedings. However, if counsel make a motion for a publication ban, the motion will appear in the Court Index and Docket on the Court’s Web site. Media representatives interested in a particular case are encouraged to follow proceedings closely through the Court Index and Docket. When a motion is filed, they will have an opportunity to challenge it in court.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:09

sorry ham ya beat me to it. cool a I suspected you said you would do

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:08

From what Ham said he was setting up outside hearing se we the people at Halifax could update and comment.
Teen is right JAG is Military Lawyer Judge is different.

I also suspect and would suggest that there will be a camera and voice ban in court room. But that said the media will have access and sit in the cheap seats to take notes and possible draw...artist drawing of a soldier plaintiff presenting or lead plaintiff sitting with MC.

The real camera stuff will be media scrum afterwards when we emerge from court.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:06

I will have Skype setup outside the hearing at the get together. If I can I will set it up inside and do live streaming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next