Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...Finally

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

...Finally - Page 2 Empty Re: ...Finally

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 08:13

Maybe for you but for most losing is not an option .. But don't get me wrong i understand and do agree with you but like I said before I don't trust the govt ..I am not able to go to Halifax due to my wife can't take time off and I am not allowed to drive do to restriction on driving from doctor... I would like to...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 08:06

go bad ....we lose 60% as it stands....Get your butts to halifax and indicate your support!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 08:03

I agree .. They are playing with smoke in mirrors here.. They are telling us we are paying to much but what are they paying?????? They are showing they care and are helping us out by saying the legal fees are too high ,which I agree, but when was the last time the govt said you are paying to much we will help you here let us take the rains. ... All I am saying lets be careful here.... It could go bad real quick!!!!!!

Do you really think they care!!!!!!!!!

Chimo

Last edited by oiler on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 08:10; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 07:58

KUDOS teen very well said, Thanks

Back to top Go down

...Finally - Page 2 Empty ...Finally

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 07:49

....hunter2460
11:10 PM on February 12, 2013

"So please tell me what did I win?" Mr. Cundell said. "The government of Canada was found guilty of stealing from disabled veterans. They stole $424-million. Yet the victims have to pay lawyers to get back money that was theirs to begin with."

The most severely disabled veterans will pay the most under the retroactive plan because the more money owed to them, the higher the lawyer payment, he said.

"So what is the government's legal punishment for this theft? Nothing,"

...harsh...now we can finally dispel the last of the smoke about this govt. being supportive of vets in any way shape or form...except when they're being used as photo-ops...though it apparently goes back to 1976,the most recent was the attempted clawback of 40% of wounded war vets benefits ,2005 being the cut off...add to that the accessing of vets personal medical/psychiatric profiles & you've got a new low with harper...but an exact mirror of what the Bush/Cheney admin. did to their wounded/disabled vets,so no surprises
1 reply
Report Abuse
Score: 3
Tango Yankee
5:06 AM on February 13, 2013

Let's not fall into the Tory trap of transferring

the blame for all this to the lawyers;

the Tory Cons are to blame

from start to finish.
Report Abuse
Score: 2
diane marie
11:29 PM on February 12, 2013

I can understand that a government may have to protect taxpayers' money by occasionally taking to the courts, but THIS government seems unable to competently judge when the fight is a poor use of public revenues.
Report Abuse
Score: 2
Pundit Slayer
6:53 AM on February 13, 2013

The Harper Govt is at war with the little people of Canada.
They are at war with vets, They re at war with the poor.
They are at war with the middle class, workers and the disabled.
Its the Harper govt with corporations and China working against Canadians.
Report Abuse
Score: 1
I do not like them Sam I Am
10:32 PM on February 12, 2013

""The legal fees sought, which equates to a top hourly rate of $13,487.50, are so far beyond what can be characterized as reasonable as to be grossly excessive," Jay Paxton said in an e-mail."

==================

Jason Roy from Central Nova.
2 replies
Report Abuse
Score: 1
Tango Yankee
4:37 AM on February 13, 2013

----------------
" Ward Branch, one the lawyers, said the fee would have been much lower had the government chosen not to drag out litigation, especially with a reference to the country's highest court over the legality of the class-action certification.

"Who has made this fee that high? It's the government," Mr. Branch said in an interview."

--------------------------

Would someone please try to find out what we the taxpayers, are going to have to pay to Harper's "federal lawyers"?

Federal lawyers, the ones who advised the Harper club to push this disgrace right through to the Supreme Court, should be held responsible for paying the defense bill.

Defense lawyers tried time after time to get them to settle before it got so irretrievably hopeless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2