Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrived In Halifax

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arrived In Halifax - Page 3 Empty Re: Arrived In Halifax

Post by bigrex Wed 13 Feb 2013, 16:01

Yes, but the difference in the two cases that the news quoted, was that in both, it was the GoC that picked up the tab, and all or a portion of the settlement was tax free. Also their overall settlements dwarfs ours, even with the future payments, at 2.1 Billion for tainted blood class actions and possibly up to 6 billion for the residential school case. I think it worked out 2-3% of the settlement for the legal fees, and like I said, this was paid by the government, including the current government, so it's not like Harper is completely opposed to paying legal fees, just opposed to paying legal fees for Veterans.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 15:56

RR, Why so hostile, man, I can feel the vibes here! Stow the gear and have a couple of cold ones , and let us know what's tripping you out, brother

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 15:32

LMFAO you are right to be pissed and anyone that thinks they have been represented correctly and effectively you are wrong, this is a damned farce to say the least, no representation in a day that is too bring dignity to us, thats right us the disabled veterans, no one will hear what we have to say because too many people have been misinformed and that is just as criminal as stealing our LTD benefits. Shake you god damned heads and be pissed you stand to lose and yes i said before it is better than nothing but reality is why should I give a flying fiddlers fruit drink about some money, I WANT THE GOC TO STEP UP AND PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 15:24

RSMSbuckleup wrote:LMFAO I would assume if you read Mfors comments you would consider similar opinions as a compliment ....Nevertheless I am off to get ___ thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe you need the same check with your twin! Never know you could be male or female.

Why dont the 2 of you come to Halifax and i will gladly kick both of your asses!

Wow now that sure sounds like a threat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 15:18

im glad you made it safe sparrow.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 15:16

LMFAO I would assume if you read Mfors comments you would consider similar opinions as a compliment ....Nevertheless I am off to get ___ thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe you need the same.

Why don't the 2 of you come to Halifax and i will gladly give u both a bear hug!

Last edited by RSMSbuckleup on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 15:38; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 15:02

Thanks for the concern weather or not I have a twin. But I am sure I can standby myself. Again if the comment isnt the status quo were labled as not supporting VETS...

I'll say it again ZERO=ZERO and I had nothing to begin with in reference to SISIP. I am now going to see some sheckles that years ago werent even on my radar... So the firm gets their % Great what ever it is I support it and I thank them and Dennis for what they have done. On the flip side if they would have lost we would have rec'd nothing and the firm wold not have been paid.... It a no brainer.....

Last edited by LMFAO on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 15:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 14:57

Who else is going ? Black leather jacket and medals just grunt and i will say hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 14:54

LMFAO and Mfors are the same or twins.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 14:46

I’m happy to hear you made it safe and sound. But not hearing anything about the class action there in the papers seems to prove it’s a nonissue. As I’m sure you’re aware it made it into the media yesterday and as was stated we are not the first that a large amount is paid out to the firm representing a class action. It is what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 13 Feb 2013, 14:44

FOP you are bang on

Glad you arrived Sparrow

Sparrow you need to pull that Public Affairs had on and be the media guru. Call all the news channels Global, CBC, CTV in Halifax and radio stations and the CP and ensure they know the court location and the basic facts of whats going on.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 14:28

For the money they MC are asking for $ 65 Million

They will not advertise the hearing

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Wed 13 Feb 2013, 14:27

should go to Canex and pick up base paper and see if it's in the military paper (Trident I think). I sure hope so.

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 14:26

making a few additions to the letter COD this evening in light of the last couple of days discussions and enlightenments. take care and will be in touch. sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 14:19

Glad you made it there safe Sparrow. have a nice evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next