Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is the latest SISIP can tell you if you are approved/denied continued LTD benefits after last assesment before 24 month end?

2 posters

Go down

what is the latest SISIP can tell you if you are approved/denied continued LTD benefits after last assesment before 24 month end? Empty Re: what is the latest SISIP can tell you if you are approved/denied continued LTD benefits after last assesment before 24 month end?

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 18:06

thanks, i didn't know anything about the CCPD. I'll get that stuff done, gotta wait till after the long weekend is over now though.

Back to top Go down

what is the latest SISIP can tell you if you are approved/denied continued LTD benefits after last assesment before 24 month end? Empty Re: what is the latest SISIP can tell you if you are approved/denied continued LTD benefits after last assesment before 24 month end?

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:00

canada disability if you can no longer work apply today.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 16 Feb 2013, 10:58

Ok Imgettinghelp

Relax I know its frustrating and hard but you have to understand SISIP is swamped right now and probably waiting for results to court like all of us.
CCPD is your Canada Pension Plan that you get at 65. You must apply for it early if your disabled. SISIP will demand it occurs. SISIP will add it to your income as part of here claw back. DVA is not clawed back but CPPD will be.
Key thing for you is make sure paperwork is done and sent.
If you have not gone to get your CCPD applied for you should do that. Go to any Service Canada location and request to see a representative to have your file started and pickup your CCPD paperwork. Drop that off with your doctor. So book that doctors appointment now. If that doc is a CF doc do it ASAP cause once your out you will have an issue finding a doc fast. Now if you have a civi doc great go to them with the paperwork.
It never hurts to send a letter to SISIP with your current status telling them you have not heard from them and all you have done on CPPD and the filling of your SISIP updates for continued LTD past the 2 years.

Paperwork is always your best argument if a problem occurs.

So get those fw things done I suggested. CCPD, Book Apt for Doc to review CCPD and write a letter.
Rags

Last edited by Rags on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:00; edited 1 time in total

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 22:46

Rags wrote:Did you receive your documents to be filled out by your doc at the 18th month point? If so did you take them to your doc to have them filled out? Have you gone to CCPD to apply? if not go get those forms from CCPD and hand them to your doc as well.

i got my 18 month paperwork, and SISIP specificaly told me to have it filled out by my therapist and shrink, so i did. but they, SISIP, got my paperwork several month ago, (i confirmed that) and i thought i should have gotten some kind of decision long before now, but nothing at all. surely they must have a deadline to get a decision to a person, so there is still time to appeal?

sorry, i'm not familiar with CCPD, what is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 Feb 2013, 17:57

Did you receive your documents to be filled out by your doc at the 18th month point? If so did you take them to your doc to have them filled out? Have you gone to CCPD to apply? if not go get those forms from CCPD and hand them to your doc as well.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by meathead Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:07

You Have to call sisip they are to only ones that can answer your questions
ensure that you keep all your paper work you state that your last assesment for sisip was sent in about a month ago. It may be taking them time to review the documents. Again as hard as it is you must call. Remember you may feel that you are alone but you are not you are now with the brother/sisterhood of Canadian Veterans
Tom Kozel CD
Sgt (ret'd)

meathead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

what is the latest SISIP can tell you if you are approved/denied continued LTD benefits after last assesment before 24 month end? Empty what is the latest SISIP can tell you if you are approved/denied continued LTD benefits after last assesment before 24 month end?

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 14:30

i was med-released and accepted for voc-rehab under SISIP LTD but my med condition wasn't properly diagnosed or documented durring my service, and my med condition has worsened substantially. i was released for a physical reason, but was also recently diagnosed with PTSD, anxiety, parnoia, and depression, and my last reasessment for SISIP was sent in month ago. i am 1 month from the end of my 24 month and have heard nothing about weather or not i am approved/denied for continued LTD benefits. i am completely unable to work and even have great difficulty even going out in public, and it seems as though SISIP is just going to let the LTD run out without notifying me one way or the other.

i've tried to find out what the latest time is for them to notify me or if they even have to at all, before the 24 month is over, but i can't find any info. i would call them, but i am too afraid to push them, or they might out right cut me off.

if anyone can give me an answer, that would really ease my stress alot. or even if someone could direct me to a document that has the info i need. i think i'm gonna run out of time and then i don't know what i will do until an appeal is completed, or if i can even appeal if they don't notify me at all.

please help, anyone?

thanks, in advance
J....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down