Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

without predjudice payments

+4
Sapper Zodiak
rucksack031
beleaf67
puddleduk2
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

without predjudice payments Empty Re: without predjudice payments

Post by 1993firebird Thu 07 Mar 2013, 14:04

Finally you people get what I said a month ago. Taking legal fees from the retro for future LTD payments is wrong because some people are not getting future payments , others may passaway before age 65 and yet others maybe dropped from being TPI before age 65. So the law firm should have to do what alot of company's have to do and charge legal fees monthly on future LTD payments until you no longer receive LTD benefits and or until the legal fee amount owed to the law firm decided by the court is reached.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 07 Mar 2013, 12:12

I do agree tracker. Of the 7500 class members only a maximum of 4000 can access it before the remainder is transferred to VAC to disperse among ELB clients. I've said this before, that I am glad ELB clients are getting something from all of this, but money set aside for them should not be included in the financial statement that we will have to pay for. at 17.83%, the class will be paying almost 1.8 million in fees, instead of the $927160 on the 5.2 million accessible by the class. That is a difference of $855840. That is a lot of money that is better off in our pockets.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 07 Mar 2013, 12:10

And for those Zero sumed that will start anyway now. Are we going to pay forward?

I sent in an appeal and a slew of repetitive paperwork to SISIP and they finally gave in and are starting me as soon as they get my CPP (D) letter.

I did this on my own, MC never helped me or answered my calls.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:57

Even the bursary should not be included as not everyone will be eligible for it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:56

I hope your right, Big Rex, with the fees , right now I hope thy only get 3 percent! I had the wool pulled over my face for to long, we are all paying and all deserve more updates and contact than has been offered. I ask, How hard is it to write a post on the forum to ease some minds ? Really unacceptable and I feel used and discarded! No body knows what the future holds, what if sisip cuts me off in a couple of years, it's not unheard of for a insurance company to do that, so how can the legal team still mention that they did us a favour with not charging us for future payments, they aren't even allowed so why confuse and get people the ones paying the legal fees so pissed off!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:50

Nav, I the Judge is fully aware of this situation and he even commented that the law firm had no avenue to collect fees from future payments, even if they wanted to, because the money is coming solely from SISIP. He even questioned how they could even guess at the total amount of the case, since that is exactly what the $888 million dollar number was, a guess. There are so many factors that can and will reduce that amount. So I feel the judge will likely set the legal fees between 5-10% including HST and costs, based off the retro payments and bursary only,
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:26

I am so sick, RCN, of them talking about future payments, this is hat has divided the class and has caused bad feelings! No , Law firm , can enforce legal fees on future money that they have no control over! I really wish they would get off that topic and fast!

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:23

Arrogant, pompous assess come to mind.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 09:29

Thanks Sparrow, but I hate the law firm acting like they could take legal fees from money, ltd, that is nether guaranteed for the future. It's fucked really , sorry, and it's getting on my nerves. I hope judge Barnes lower those rates but I am not holding my breath

Back to top Go down

without predjudice payments Empty Without Prejudice Payment Update

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 08:44

For those who were inquiring and concerned about the without prejudice payments this is the answer received by legal.
I hope it elevates any concerns you may have.

If you continue to qualify for LTD benefits, you will receive monthly LTD benefits (without any deduction for legal fees) after April 30, 2013 until you turn 65 years old. This ongoing benefit is a direct result of this class action and negotiations by Class Counsel.

Sparrow

Last edited by Sparrow. on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 15:01; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 23:03

I can't take credit for the initial thread, but I did do the appropriate follow up through the VAC site and if you try and access the highlighted instruction of
Requirements for Decision Making and Determination of Need you will get no where! So, obviously VAC has blocked access to that subsection to keep us in the dark regarding those determinations for the case worker/s.

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:42

Re: VIP program
I hate to do this, but I have to post this thread that I found buried within the VAC site and then added to another thread by a fellow vet! Just thought it would only be fair to share this info with my brothers and sisters.

VIP Reassessments

Do up your chin straps troops, this might be another battle. Remember this was advertised as "cutting the red tap." They apparently even built a software tool for these specific anniversary's. Veterans with anniversary dates in Jan 2013 already effected and rumor has it, it isn't going well.

http://veterans.gc.ca/eng/department/policy/document/877

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:21

I got that letter for 2013 about a month ago. I "continue to meet the definition of disabled". I'm good to go for the year, to be re-assessed in 2014.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 21:40

I am still concerned with April soon approaching with no settlement in place, if the question isnt asked now, it will be too late come May.

The legal team didnt send out any other letter after the 15th of October having to do with the payments.

The reinstatement for 90 days was given without predjudice to those zero sums not reinstated in July to allow completion of the paperwork,

we would be given the opportunity to complete the paperwork and send it in before Feb 2013, if we didnt we only received the first 90 days,

if we completed the paperwork and sent it in we would be paid up to the 180 day mark, allowing for the terms of the settlement to kick in.

I marked the date of April 30th on my calendar because of the date given in the letter from the legal team.

My letter from SISIP doesnt state or say anything that differs from what our legal team has told us, it doesnt say that my payments will continue until.........

It just tells me I continue to qualify, and that medical paperwork will be required within the next 12 months..
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 20:43

puddle you have your letter so the without predjudice payments dont apply to you as you are now reciving your regular benifit NOT a without predjudice payment.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next