Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Justice Barnes ::::: McInnis / Cooper to get 8 % of $ 424 million = $ 33.94 million , I wonder ? WILL THE GOC JUMP IN & PAY THE 8 % SO THE CLASS GETS TO KEEP FULL RETRO , MINUS TAX'ES ? .......$ 33.94 million is change for the GOC to look good ???

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

From Justice Barnes ::::: McInnis / Cooper to get 8 % of $ 424 million =  $ 33.94 million , I wonder ?  WILL THE GOC JUMP IN & PAY THE 8 % SO THE CLASS GETS TO KEEP FULL RETRO , MINUS TAX'ES ? .......$ 33.94 million is change for the GOC to look good ??? Empty Re: From Justice Barnes ::::: McInnis / Cooper to get 8 % of $ 424 million = $ 33.94 million , I wonder ? WILL THE GOC JUMP IN & PAY THE 8 % SO THE CLASS GETS TO KEEP FULL RETRO , MINUS TAX'ES ? .......$ 33.94 million is change for the GOC to look good ???

Post by rzm71 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 08:15

YAHOO HOOOOOOO .
lets just hang in there all ....
money will be here soon ...
bounce
rzm71
rzm71
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

From Justice Barnes ::::: McInnis / Cooper to get 8 % of $ 424 million =  $ 33.94 million , I wonder ?  WILL THE GOC JUMP IN & PAY THE 8 % SO THE CLASS GETS TO KEEP FULL RETRO , MINUS TAX'ES ? .......$ 33.94 million is change for the GOC to look good ??? Empty Re: From Justice Barnes ::::: McInnis / Cooper to get 8 % of $ 424 million = $ 33.94 million , I wonder ? WILL THE GOC JUMP IN & PAY THE 8 % SO THE CLASS GETS TO KEEP FULL RETRO , MINUS TAX'ES ? .......$ 33.94 million is change for the GOC to look good ???

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 08:03

I believe you have posed the quantum query Dean Teen in that our Defenders of the Faith have to explain actions during and post Class Action Acceptance. My letter to the PM and the Federal Judge Justice Barnes will be sent off this morning, both thanking them and then a inquiry as to the direction of the Tax Issue and how they (GOC) plan to honour our disabled veterans who have suffered for over 35 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 07:06

The GOC should pay the 8% they are the one that set and or agreed to
8%. IF anyone one think the JB made the discussion by himself your a fool.

It don't happen that why this was pre judged and time wasted to get people at a low and be so happy with scraps. GOC should pick up the bill they made the discussion on the 8% so eat it.

They surely made more that 33.94 million over the years ripping us off.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 05 Apr 2013, 00:23

dido,

Please GOC do the right thing, pay the legal fee's
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 04 Apr 2013, 23:22

I think this is a damn good topic! Remember the golden rule when we served the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

So I'm asking the Government of Canada you have corrected a 36 year wrong by not appealing and from the Judge's wording in his decision made the negotiations easy by coming to the table with the best offers you could make.

As Justice Barnes stated the most severly disabled veterans are going to carry the burden of paying the most legal fees. Please relieve us of this burden and pay our legal fees.

Ron Cundell
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 21:22

Amount of Withholding Tax

$0 – $5,000 10%

$5,001 – $15,000 20%

$15,001 and above 30%

(The percent withheld is half of the above listed rates if you live in Quebec.)

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 21:20

April 04, 2013 19:54 ET
Statement by Minister MacKay Regarding SISIP Long Term Disability Benefits
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 4, 2013) - The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, today issued the following statement regarding the Court approval of the settlement reached between the Government of Canada, through the Department of Justice and the Federal Representative, and members of the class action of Dennis Manuge v. Her Majesty The Queen:
"I am extremely pleased that the Federal Court of Canada has approved the settlement that was reached between our government and the members of the class action, to resolve the issues regarding the offset of Pension Act disability benefits from the Service Income Security Insurance Plan (SISIP) Long Term Disability benefits. Acting quickly and fairly to resolve this matter was of the utmost importance."
"Our Government is committed to the on-going care, health, and well-being of Canadian Armed Forces personnel and veterans. The settlement reached is an example of this commitment, as it is in the best interest of the class and of the Canadian public."
"Our government continues to reflect and improve upon its programs dedicated to supporting Canada's ill and injured military personnel and veterans, and to provide the care that our personnel and their families deserve."
Notes to editor / news director: For more information on the SISIP Long Term Disability program, please visit the SISIP web page at: https://www.cfpsa.com/en/AboutUs/SISIPFS/Insurance/Pages/Long-Term-Disability.aspx.
To consult the decision from the Federal Court, please visit the Federal Court website at: http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/2013/2013fc341/2013fc34

beleaf67

Number of posts: 99
Registration date: 2012-12-01

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 20:08

lmao @ nav you might laugh but its faster than the regular canada post as they have a high end fule supplier that supplies hi octain fule thats also drinkable.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 20:05

GoC will never pay legal fees ~ I won't look a gift horse in the mouth ~ just wholeheartedly grateful for what we have received by Justice Barnes.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 20:03

8 percent is the best we are going to get and it's done, throw this behind ya, look forward, and wait for that cheque in the mail box, or delivered my swamp boat to Propat !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next