Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCINNIS / COOPER SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS " WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?

5 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MCINNIS / COOPER  SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS "  WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?  Empty Re: MCINNIS / COOPER SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS " WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 16:39

ya guys correct me if im wrong but i was under the assumption that sisip will be paying MC on an individual basis after tax witholding then MC will pay us after their deductions.am i correct in that???

propat

Last edited by propat on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 17:07; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

MCINNIS / COOPER  SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS "  WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?  Empty Re: MCINNIS / COOPER SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS " WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?

Post by Rags Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:23

I hope and expect that the base money will be transferred to a court Trust account. With provisions to draw down on it with two approvals one the lawyers MC and other would be GOC via SISIP. I would also assume that a top up provision would exist so as money is drawn down more is added to trust account from SISIP protected separate account. Thus I see a % going direct to court run trust account (maybe in MC hands but may not) with a % be top up funds and proof to court that the top up funds are protected in a trust account or garanteed by insurance deposit with GOC as per normal insurance protected deposit rules. There is no way in my view that JB will allow a total amount to be sent direct to MC account in trust. That maybe some of his issues on the settlement he is trying to iron out.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 07:35

bigrex i concur but i really think there ought to be a law ore a policy to have all parties make a resonable attempt to find and notify as many class members as possable PRIOR to any negotiations so as many as possible can be part of the prosses.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 30 Mar 2013, 06:08

I thought of this as well, but the money is accruing post decision interest of 5%, while if they simply put the money into a high interest savings account, the rate is between around 1.1% and 1.5% currently. I think that the courts have in place policies to avoid such actions by law firms. That might be why they have the six months to find all the members, plus a few months extension if required. At the end of that time, any unpaid retro monies will likely have to be returned to the GoC coffers. That is including the lawyers portion from that amount as well. So in other words, the lawyers may only be able to deduct their fee from the allotted money, once the Veteran is located and paid, so that the firm has a financial interest in finding as many class members as possible, as quickly as possible. In fact, I doubt most class members will take more than a few weeks to get paid, because of the disparity between the current interest rates, and the post decision rate. The longer the law firm has the money, there will be more will be more paid out in interest compared to the amount of interest it earned from the bank, so any differences will likely have to come from the law firms share.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 02:14

Using skip tracers is fine in principal but after all the under handed actions by MC lately it wouldn't surprise me if they just use the 7500 to pad their legal bill and then take their sweet time to find everyone. They are after all being given the full amount of retro to hold in trust so what's to stop them from taking their time and collecting interest from whatever bank the keep the money in. I'm sure thy wouldn't offer to split whatever interest is made between all class members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 30 Mar 2013, 00:17

Our SIN #'s follow us as does our income tax info. I think if the feds wanted to find us this could be done Very Quickly. Unless you try, like one fellow I knew from my 3's course did, Sapper Monty Paisley, and disappear.
Sapper

Last edited by Sapper Zodiak on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 00:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : did our 3's together)

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 23:00

Bigrex, here's the current court order authorizing information sharing between MC,DND,VAC and SISIP.
MCINNIS / COOPER  SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS "  WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?  Cosept6_A

Peter D mentioned they could use skip tracers to find people and their estates if they are off the grid, which makes sense. If people that owe money can be found;people that are owed a windfall should be very easy to find with the same methods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 21:15

Yes, your right, Big Rex, when I was talking to my sisip cm she said that the first ones who would be paid are the ones in the computer receiving a monthly financial benefit because they could verify the personal information, have up to date banking info, and address. It's the older ones, the estates, like you said people move and so on, so it's going to take a long time to verify everyone of those 7500 or so who aren't on sisip ltd anymore. I think it would be wise for everyone who has been on sisip ltd to call them and update the information , sisip may or may not take it, it seems everytime anyone calls now they state they can't do anything until after the court decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 29 Mar 2013, 20:38

Recon, I realize that they have the list, but who provided the contact info? If it was SISIP, then that info could be decades out of date. I know, I haven't provided them with a new address since I've moved. If the info is from SISIP, what are they doing to ensure they are correct. Waiting until after the decision is made is too late to be trying to track down class members. They can't just send out the cheques to an address from 20 or 30 years ago, without verifying that the person still lives there beforehand. That 6 months will pass by really fast if they leave it until afterwards.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 18:59

I'm passing on the exact details of the e-mail as some members are in doubt

Dated : 27 March , 2013 , @ approx : 08:10:08 hrs.

Hi David , the GOC recently provided us the list of members in advance of the Decision being issued .

There are " OVER 7500 " names of members on the list " WITH CONTACT DETAIL " . Once the Decision is issued we will be " CONTACTING each individual . We cannot and will not issue the list to you to post as privacy laws prelude us from doing so .

The proposed order being considered by the Court Specifically sets out the process we are to follow in ADMINISTERING THE REFUNDS should the AGREEMENT BE APPROVED by the court .

We cannot operate outside of the authority of THE ORDER OF THE COURT .

Thanks for your continued support

Peter

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7.......Memo Complete , Eagleye1 .....out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 27 Mar 2013, 22:09

Greatfoot...I hear your pain man. I am in the same leaky boat here. Little bit of water gets in but thats all . It dries up again and you seem to be exactly where you were before. I have no information regarding how this suit affects me personally. I am taking the lawfirms word for it as I have no other recourse. We should have been served work sheets many months ago so we could plan and prepare ourselves and our families. I have called MY insurance company, Manulife,many, many times, to no avail. They just have no answers for me and said to wait until the judge rules. Frustrating shit.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 21:16

I STILL don't KNOW what I have agreed to.

Some very serious break downs in communication have occurred here throughout.

I thought we would get a work sheet very soon after the end of May, then the end of October, then just before Christmas, then in the middle of January, then in the middle of February. Are we actually gonna get worksheets? Probably not until after we get our cheques and have signed non-disclosure statements, and no-further-legal-actions-are-allowed agreements.

I am baffled about how I am supposed to be informed, because I am not.

Maybe I missed something along the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next