Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8 % SUCKS

+5
K9
beleaf67
bigrex
expara
Rags
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

8 % SUCKS - Page 3 Empty Re: 8 % SUCKS

Post by bigrex Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:51

Well, one thing nobody seems to have mentioned is that the judge did not award them costs. The proposal asked for 15% legal fees, a median of 2 percent for costs and HST, and the 0.079% for disbursements, for a total of 17.079%. Nut now they will get the 8%, plus the 0.079%, plus HST on that total, so in NS, where the HST is 15%, I should only be paying $557, for a total of $4275 to the lawyers, or 9.2%. So the percentage above the legal fees to be deducted has gone from 2.079% to 1.2% or less, which for those with really large settlements will be significant.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:32

Stick a sock in it, Ozz.

ZERO % is the right figure in terms of what we should be paying to get the money that was STOLEN from us BACK.

Stop trolling for the lawyers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:27

I think it is acceptable. 8 % is better then I thought .. so bonus ... lets get our money now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chimo
Derek

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:27

@ OZZ How dare, you judge ANYONE on this forum, are you in their situation, do you know their strife, odds are no because you sure don't know mine. You must be one of those 10% guys, so I understand that you can't relate and your just one broken toe away from being a civilian. I say now is the time to use the same rights, avenues, and legal recourse that we so diligently stood-up and got broke down for to our advantage, Will I ever be happy, well a really good start would be for you to either have some respect and empathy for the Veterans on here, you know the same ones that wore the same Flag on their shoulder as you did or keep it to yourself. Some peoples children indeed and they were taught if you don't have anything nice to say...most of us know how the rest goes... I will say what I want, when I want, that whole Charter of Rights and Freedom thing the ones SOME fought for!

Back to top Go down

Post by expara Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:05

Hey rags. Remember about the dream I told you i had when i met you in halifax About the dream regarding. 8%? Interesting eh?
expara
expara
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 08:35

Hey CanadianInfidel glad to hear from you my brother hope all is well, jumper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 08:28

Yeah, then have senators and rich people transfer to off shore accounts and not be held accountable meanwhile we, who defended this country have to scrape the bottom and pay back taxes. BS. Can't work, can't make my Familly millions.....lol just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 08:24

Its like the GOC going to your bank account and taking out 8 %. But I guess some people would think that's OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 08:08

Agreed Ozz but the fact is we still need answers and that is the focus of many comments, again the terms of the agreement are not put into a tangible language so that in its self will lead to negative comments, I do not call it complaining as much as it is a statement asking for clarity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 08:03

Really, people are bitching about the %.Some people will never be happy.Holy crap, stop your complaining allready.Be thankful what you are getting,don't like it,give your cash to the food bank or the charity of your choice...Man o man some people's children...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 07:37

im sure he is challenging the aplication of either the deemed tax ore more likely the aplication of the request for tax payer relife as it seems the CRA does not concider deemed tax as interest.if he is sucsessfull it will either benifit all ore at least thoes that have filled out and sent in the RFTR form.i spoke with him via LL a while back and the guy has a head on his shoulders so im sure he will do a great job on this.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 05 Apr 2013, 07:27

I hope K-9 lays out his Judicial review and we can all do one. I suspect it is an individual request not a group one but you would think as a class we act as one so maybe if MC wanted to really earn their coin they would do this for us......you know those that pay them..ie give them there paycheque. Kinda like a boss ya thats it we are there boss.....ok im getting off now drunk on relief its over I guess.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 07:24

rags agreed the fees were never a big problem with me as the judge would be making the call on them.was hopeing for 5% of retro bud if he decided on 8 he must have had a good reason.k-9 said he will be asking for a judicial review on the deemed tax and im sure more will as well so maybe we will see some joy from that.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 05 Apr 2013, 07:05

Well DCHD just be thankfull you did not have to go under fire with all the people who accepted this deal with open arms. Its done so lesson learned the hard way. Time to move on to figuring out how to not get bonned too bad with tax issue.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 05 Apr 2013, 07:01

Well any amount sucks as we flinched and got F 'ed but 8 is better then what was asked. It is actually 4% across the board. Much less then what was asked. As for the 3.27 it is there as a tax top up still deep inside JBs comments. And fees are deductible so break it down another percent off fees.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum