Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW INTEL ::::: PETER DRISCOLL......HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION .....WHY HAS PERMISSION NOT BEEN GRANTED BY YOU TO SISIP TO START CALCULATIONS , WHAT IS THE DELAY ?

+3
Teentitan
peep
ceedee
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NEW INTEL ::::: PETER DRISCOLL......HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION .....WHY HAS PERMISSION NOT BEEN GRANTED BY YOU TO SISIP TO START CALCULATIONS , WHAT IS THE DELAY ? Empty Re: NEW INTEL ::::: PETER DRISCOLL......HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION .....WHY HAS PERMISSION NOT BEEN GRANTED BY YOU TO SISIP TO START CALCULATIONS , WHAT IS THE DELAY ?

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 16:48

The gold, and to a degree, silver markets are being manipulated right now in the fiat futures trading. I suspect to some degree, those 'big money bags' that want to purchase physical gold, are trying to drive down the price in the paper world to the point they can dump their worthless paper and replace it with physical gold.

Although you can't eat gold, an ounce of gold will go a long way to paying a year's worth of property taxes in most places.

DON'T, EVER, buy paper gold, ONLY buy PHYSICAL gold.

Paper gold holdings are just electrons in the ether, and can vanish in the blink of an eye.

Back to top Go down

NEW INTEL ::::: PETER DRISCOLL......HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION .....WHY HAS PERMISSION NOT BEEN GRANTED BY YOU TO SISIP TO START CALCULATIONS , WHAT IS THE DELAY ? Empty Re: NEW INTEL ::::: PETER DRISCOLL......HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION .....WHY HAS PERMISSION NOT BEEN GRANTED BY YOU TO SISIP TO START CALCULATIONS , WHAT IS THE DELAY ?

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 16:40

ya k-9 im not recomending ore detering you from gold but keep in mind gold moves with the market in the opposite direction with a lag.im thinking it may be in a lag now waiting to go down (just speculation).if the markets stay stable the conseritive investors that bought gold when the markets were falling will slowly start to sell and buy stock.this will be accelerated if thoes investors think the market is in for a big rally.of corse if they think the markets are in for a big drop after reaching new record highs they may buy more gold thus increasing its price.whatever you do im sure you know its all a gamble.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 16:39

DO NOT buy gold and/or silver from a BANK.

They will keep records of your transactions, and come the day when 'The Man' wants it back, 'He'll' know where to come and get it.

ONLY buy actual physical gold and silver, that you can slip into your mattress.

And ONLY buy silver and gold over the counter for CASH from places OTHER THAN a BANK. There are many reputable coin and bullion(sp) dealers in every area, just call around. The first place to ask would be a pawn shop, but don't buy it there, just ask them where to get 1oz gold and silver coins, they should know. And, sure you will pay a slight premium on buying from a dealer, but there will be NO record if you pay cash.

A further note, if you buy Canadian mint gold and silver coins, the dealer CANNOT charge you GST/HST/PST because it is a currency EXCHANGE, not a purchase.

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 15:35

You can buy gold at your financial institution, example : Or you could try here...

https://www.scotiamocatta-estore.sco...%2fH2oZSJg46qV
and when you plan on selling it later on how are you going to do that? let's say you buy it from scotiabank, can you sell it to them back in 5 years at the market price? because if you will try to sell it somewhere else those buy gold places will rape you on a sell

If anyone is interested TD Bank sells it at minimum of 1 oz ,you have to make appointment and they will call trade desk and sell it for the price at the time.Takes about 3 business days to take delivery .

You could also look into purchasing the ETRs that the Royal Canadian Mint just IPOed. http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/...ail&pid=102055

I would stick with govt issued coins. Maples, Eagles, etc. Although Pamp suisse bars are fairly recognizable too.

Finally, Lets look at the price over the last 10 yrs. 10 yrs ago it was about 300 bucks an oz, today it's 1800. That would be equivalent to a compound interest rate of 20%. (10k invested at 20% for 10 yrs is about 60k, by my math) My RBC recommended RRSP is rocking a nice 1.5% return... so... I want to try holding some gold.

The Major problem in todays economy is the currency around the world are at risk so gold or silver is the choice,

Cheers,

Pat.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

NEW INTEL ::::: PETER DRISCOLL......HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION .....WHY HAS PERMISSION NOT BEEN GRANTED BY YOU TO SISIP TO START CALCULATIONS , WHAT IS THE DELAY ? Empty TFSA

Post by derngt Sun 14 Apr 2013, 13:44

Navrat wrote:sorry, Recon, those rates are annual interest rates. By your calculations its a 13 percent annual return. TFSA are a great idea but the interest rates are very low on GIC and fixed rate investments. My wife does that for a living.

In a TFSA you can invest in more then just GIC. You can buy stocks, bonds,mutual funds,etc...Investment income in a TFSA—whether you’re earning interest, dividends or capital gains—are not taxed, even when withdrawn. This tax-free compound growth means that your money grows more quickly inside a TFSA than in a taxable account. In addition,you are not required to have earned income to contribute to a Tax-Free Savings Account. You can withdraw money from your account at any time, (depending on what you invested in). In addition, you can re-contribute the amounts you withdrew anytime after the year of withdrawal.There is no tax deduction for contributing to a TFSA. However, the returns your investments generate (interest, dividends or capital gains) are not taxable (except for any foreign tax on foreign investments). In addition, your withdrawals are tax-free
This is a good option for those that have no room in their RRSP or no income. Finally, you can contribute up to $5,500 in 2013 (up to $5,000 for each of the years 2009 to 2012). This contribution limit will increase along with inflation in future years, in $500 increments (subject to government guidelines).

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 07:41

Thanks peep I too stand corrected. I reread Recon message it stated until MC has it in trust. So the longer MC delays after they have it in trust the more interest they make we still could be screwed. They could make a lot of coin with delaying but they wouldn't do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Apr 2013, 13:04

No problems, Recon, TFSA is a great deal and I am glad you brought it up. If interests were monthly like that, I would sell everything and Plow it into that,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Apr 2013, 12:52

Recon and Nav my buddy's, it's a common oversight, no worries.
I've made a few miss reads myself, too many $$$ and Cents flying around this site. Who can keep track.

Cheers
John.

Last edited by abetterway on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 18:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:02

NAVRAT ,

I'LL CONFIRM mONDAY 10AM THAT YOU SAY 1.15 % IS ANNUAL NOT MONTHLY , & I'LL STAND CORRECTED .

I JUST WANT TO CFM. FOR MYSELF THAT YOU SAY THEY WERE BULLSHITTIN ME .................interesting navrat

I'LL GET BACK TO YOU & THE CLASS..........GUARENTEED

AND CREATE A WHOLE NEW .......POST ON TFSA

For Country
Rteired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 13 Apr 2013, 09:58

DCHD,
The money at 5% is fantastic, but once SISIP hands the money over to MC I do not think you will get 5% anymore. So if you hide, you may not get the 5% a month, while Peter lays in his money room, throwing you money in the air taking his time looking for you.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Apr 2013, 08:09

Yes Recon you got the 293 right but that for 1 years interest when we started it was 3% where maxed out so 600 buck they cant touch. But it does change once in a while but usually drops. Its hard for us to invest because we don't have earned income do to our pensions so you get no tax refund room. one day they will get rid of the TFSA or change the rules to screw us

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 20:22

sorry, Recon, those rates are annual interest rates. By your calculations its a 13 percent annual return. TFSA are a great idea but the interest rates are very low on GIC and fixed rate investments. My wife does that for a living.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 18:57

Thanks Recon good advice ~ that will buy me alot of tax free bird feed annually Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next