Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question will we be paying legal fees on money we recieved from July 2012 - Todate?????

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question will we be paying legal fees on money we recieved from July 2012 - Todate????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question will we be paying legal fees on money we recieved from July 2012 - Todate?????

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:11

No members has been paid the 5% interest yet, it will be calculated and added to your retro refund.

Back to top Go down

Question will we be paying legal fees on money we recieved from July 2012 - Todate????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question will we be paying legal fees on money we recieved from July 2012 - Todate?????

Post by puddleduk2 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:57

agreed, but I haven't been paid 5% interest on the money I have been receiving, not sure if anyone else has...

On my retroactive amount still to be paid since the date of my release I would expect the amount(s) of interest as stated in the settlement terms as agreed to as well in the judges decision including now approved legal fee's..

The date of interest is the one stated in Para (1), May 1st 2012..

Retroactive refunds are stated for billing purposes in Para (51)..

No going forward amount is mentioned for inclusion in billing either by date or name, in the whole of the judge's decision.. Cool
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:26

Para 51 of the Judge's decision states that ( having regard to all of the considerations outlined above , I approve legal fees in an amount equal to 8% of the retroactive refunds payable to the class beneficiaries ) The way I read this, is that whatever your retro amount is, that's what we are going to pay in regards to the 8% fees.I don't read anything there, that suggest 8% fees on going forward payments. For the members that qualified for going forward payments, and are now receiving monthly payments, the 5% interest that you will receive from the day you were reinstated , is in my view a calculation done in in the terms of para 6 (d) of the proposal, so if added to your retro payment that is received from MC, we will pay only the 8% of the 5%, not the full amount of our going forward payments to date. That is the way I understand it.

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 08:13

Not even friendship dues. Wink
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 08:12

If SISIP hands those funds (May 1st to Oct 2012) over to MC in trust, and the fee's are taken from them, it would go against the Judge's decision.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 08:09

Found and seen, this was a good example before the settlement went to the judge for decision in what the legal team was asking for in their fee structure.

In Judge Barne's decision, anything after May 1st 2012 should now be unaffected in going forward payments,

If they are interpreted and taken, and are to be included in the fee's, then all going forward payments are affected as well?
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 08:03

Puddleduk2;
It's included on the Proposed agreement Tab.
Its titled: Example of settlement and Fees.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 08:01

I know from previous statements from the legal team in what they were asking for in their fee's that they wished to include the full amount of the settlement (until we turn age 65), but that was turned down in the decision.

Therefore as of May 1st 2012, the payments going forward are to be unaffected by fee's.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 07:56

Under which section of the leavenovetbehind site is the example?

This also follows on my previous post asking when the funds for May 1st 2012 to October 2012 where going to be given, as they should be unaffected by anything other than taxes payable to CRA, as this would be monies going forward after the Decision as worded in the settlement...
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by froggie2u36 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 07:52

I called SISIP on Friday and asked if the money for june july august and sept would come from them or lawyers since the clawback ended in May would only make sense that sisip pays those months ...the lady i spoke with said its coming from lawyers and she couldnt answer if there was a fee on that money.told me to call lawyers.....and i only got voice mail at lawyers.So i will wait and see

froggie2u36
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 07:45

DHCD;
May 1, 2012 to Feb. 2013 has been used in the Example calculations sheet on the Leavenovetbehind website. This would include the interest at 5% and the payment of fees which are charged to date.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2