Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

+5
RCN-Retired
peep
bigrex
Rags
MaggieinNB
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES! Empty Re: WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

Post by Rags Sat 23 Feb 2013, 08:28

Very Happy

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES! Empty Re: WHY are the ZERO SUMS PAYING THE MOST LEGAL FEES AND TAXES!

Post by K9 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:48

In a fact, you got 1333,33$ waiting for you in the scholarship fund that is replacing damages, plus a top up to cover going from a 28.2% income rate to 48.7%, in a year because deemed tax makes it impossible to put taxes on more then 5 years back. So I got down from 20% more tax to 17% because of the top up, this is really helping here. I gave the same example in Court, and both parties were happy with the top up issue. So there it is, we got a top up and damages, so we are all happy. I owe taxes, but I have to had on them another 17% more then the rest of the population because Of illegal activities!

Last edited by K9 on Tue 19 Feb 2013, 17:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : R)
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:43

Well the way I see it DCHD is the Interest is owed anyways, and should not be considered as an (offset) to anything in the deal. we got no damages, no fair tax releif. and no compound INTEREST, which CRA will be asking me for COMPOUND INTEREST on the Deemed taxes come tax time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:31

CoD I really don't know the answers but people will get screwed many ways here. I am just over the 2 year mark and I don't agree with the deal. Too many hidden agendas here to make total sense of it all.

But look at what you will get back in interest for 10 years and that will help off set Fees or taxes.
25K knocked off your taxable income that will say you 30% if 25K so 8K back in pocket out of the 25K.

Just the interest for 10 years will take care of the other 17K in Lawyer 's fee should you just end up paying taxes on your retro. or am I out to lunch with That??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 09:58

LOL well if I was in the 2 year position, I probably would think this deal is ok , but since I am losing alot of money due to the Deemed taxes, and the idea that I have to pay maybe $ 25,000.00 (7.5%) to recieve 10 more years of LTD, and 2 year Vets pays maybe $2,000.00 (7.5%) to get maybe 25 years more LTD. thats the way I see MC wants legal fees atm. also I know some may not even get forward LTD, and also be paying for this. its the structure of the legal fees I am concerned about. good question tho DCHD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 14:48

COD would you prefer they your Retro only went back to 2 years that way you can pay the same as all of the 2 year guys and gals?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 17 Feb 2013, 22:25

The only monies owed to veterans that is going to have legal fees applied to is retroactive money only.

The lawfirm only asked for their fees to be paid from retro money.

The best example to validate my comment is this way...
Some of us had our LTD re-instated in late 2012. That is considered "going forward" money. If the lawfirm was going to apply legal fees to the going forward money there is no way in hell the lawfirm would have let the LTD money re-instated.

So Greatfoot ONLY retro money is what we will pay legal fees on.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 17 Feb 2013, 22:25

Greatfoot, This because the lawyers tried their double speak to confuse the situation.

They said that they considered charging 7.5% on retro, and 7.5% on future payments, OR they could charge 15.7% on everyones retro so that future payments are not required. Even the judge pointed out that they have no way to stake claim to future money, since it will come directly from SISIP, so the lawyers assertion that by only charging fees off the retro, that they are somehow doing those who are reinstated a favour, has been shown to be a farce. So the only money that the lawyers can legally lay claim to, is the retro, of which they want the 15.7 plus 2% for HST and costs. But I sincerely feel that this could be cut by half. I am usually a very good read of people and their body language, and the way the judge was sitting and tilting his head during the hearing tells me that he didn't really buy into the story that our lawyers were trying to sell him. But only time will truly tell.

Last edited by bigrex on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 22:26; edited 1 time in total
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 21:08

I am not trying to beat a dead horse here, Teen, but if I understand you correctly I am only going to pay legal fees on what I am owed as retroactive to the decision?

I am not trying to back anyone into any corners, I am just trying to understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 17 Feb 2013, 20:13

Greatfoot...YEP.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 16:49

You know this is starting to piss me off, really, does the lawfirm want this to go down as the biggest pounding Canadian veterans have taken since Dieppe! Why the delay, because hes going to lower the rates, the rates are over the top and everyone suffers if they stay at 17.8 percent. The law firm, which are not stupid people, keep saying 7.5 they want, this is for tv and very very dishonourable on there part. Tell the world you want 17.8 percent not 7.5 for the media. Charging legal fees on future ltd earnings where some might collect 5 years and some 25 years is fool hardy and impossible, it would never fly in court. But to even mention that shows what I did not want to believe all along, our law firm is a business, maximize profit,we are all numbers with a value attached as a percentage for the law firm. I think we should stop thinking they care and take a shot of wake the fuck up juice and understand we as a class have to get as much for us, just like the goc thinks and the law firm thinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 16:36

Here's to hoping that the Judge sees through all the bullshit smoke and mirrors EVERYONE has been playing to us, and slaps the fees at 7.5% of the RETRO AMOUNT ONLY!

Yes, WoV, you are correct, but we've been strung along for so long now, that I need to vent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Sun 17 Feb 2013, 16:33

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 16:29

This is all very confusing.

So, Teen, you are saying that I am NOT going to pay any fees for future money NOW?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 17 Feb 2013, 16:10

No you are only going to pay legal fees on the $1500 a month clawed back portion PRIOR to 2012.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum