Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is anyone in this situation

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

is anyone in this situation Empty Re: is anyone in this situation

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jul 2013, 17:06

This whole bunch of BS with all sources trying to reduce or deny pensions blows bears. Phuck, can't they just leave us the hell alone to lead some sort of peaceful existence for a change. All this re-evaluating crap is just to have a doctor favorable to a decision on their behalf...I'm sick of this shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jul 2013, 10:07

Exactly what I said your the patient and it is you that sets the pace, know one understands what it takes to gain the trust of a doctor or for that matter how much it drains us to pour our guts every visit. I will tell them straight up to get stuffed because they want to save a buck

Back to top Go down

Post by kozi4 Wed 17 Jul 2013, 08:38

You Brothers and Sisters are AWESOME! It warms my heart reading how much each of you come to the aid of anyone needing help. I peek in here everyday just to add some something something to my tea cup for the day. In health and happiness! Xoxo
P.S. I've had the same therapist for 8 yrs in Ottawa and VAC has tried to get me to change for three years!!!! They were paying for travel costs and two hour sessions weekly. In my mind who the hell made them the authority on mental health. I fought and still see my therapist. It's our health NOT theirs. Never give up on yourself.

kozi4
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jul 2013, 01:32

puddleduk2

Thanks for the info I will keep it close for the furture.

RobbieRoyal

I could not agree more Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 20:03

for your PIA application a current letter to state your physical or mental condition is needed for your application as it must be decided as to which category or level you fall into for the allowance(s),,  

for the PIA Supplement, your Case Manager does their portion, your doctor does their portion for your TPI status, this is needed to be done only once for the Supplement portion of the application,

you need to be or have been on the Rehab program to apply for the PIA, and

you need to be on the Rehab program to be granted the PIA Supplement, but do not have to stay on the Rehab program to continue getting it beyond the end of your Rehab,

If you are on the Rehab program and already declared TD as to SISIP's standards, then it should be pointed out to your CM that a further assessment is not needed by VAC's own policies as VAC accepts SISIP's declaration of TD to be the same as VAC's TPI....

if looking for more information, VAC has located on their website the two policies both dated May 2012 on this subject,

almost forgot, if you are already receiving the non taxable EIA allowance for being over 98% on the Pension Act, you will not be granted the taxable PIA allowance and Supplement..

hope this helps
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 18:11

I have a rule of thumb and it is very simple , if it is uncomfortable I am not doing it. It is my pace or no pace at all and so far it has worked because it has to work for me not them.

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 17:13

Great advice there dzanzio All in . slow but in lol
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 17:09

Ffoundry thanks for the fast reply brother, my in basket was going nuts, anyone that knows me, also because of some of my limitations I usally have to write on paper first, then sometimes it takes me a while to respond, I think alot of us are reading between the lines thinking ahead of what next. Your response should calm the waters thank-you. Rucksack031
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 17:07

dzanzio

They always say no in hopes that you , or your friend in this case will go away and not fight, so keep fighting, keep pushing forward.

You will win!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 16:58

DVA is behind all my stuff at this point and no one has used the word "Re-evaluation" as of yet but I can read between the lines, I have considered holding off on all this until I find out more about it. Like i said they started all this I did not ask and no one is pushing thay are asking at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 16:35

New re-evaluation with a new DR, F Foundry just baffeld who exactly is asking you to see a new DR is it DVA? or is it sisip ? did you recieve a letter and from whom? I think alot are wondering also whats up.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 15:55

I am concerned as to why SISIP would suggest a "Re-evaluation" with a different doctor regarding psychological and physical injuries. If that was me and it was not to long ago I would tell them to get stuffed. I see my doctor and it is my Choice whom I see not theres. This SISIP crap is killing us but we got to do it or else we violate the terms of the LTD coverage. Just completed and sent off DTC and CPPD all because I have to, i will be damned if I am changing doctors to make things easier for those clowns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 15:43

Not sure if this will help but this just came up with me,

DVA wants me to start up with a whole bunch of new things after a very long long wait for PIA application to get finished and sent in , buy them not me.

FYI I had no idea about this PIA , TPI or any new intitelments until the paper work was put in front me over 18 months ago and I was asked to sign and given a brife on it so now we have a whole new ball game or so it seems.

Now that TPI is approved they want to send me to a new pshycologist and a clinic to do a very involved assessment to see my strengths and weeknesses both physical and mental, This is not bad as some benifits are good it just makes me wounder what is up with all this could be nothing just normal back log of paper work or?

Any one else in the Class Action have new items planned or sugested buy DVA in the near furture, might be worth looking into if it is a mass event LOL

Not sure if this helps but I thought it was worth putting out there and might help some one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 14:36

My advice as well is be pro active while waiting for the law firm, you can start by contacting The CRA in writing and asking for your T-4's back dating to the time of your nedical release also if you had children you can contact The Child Tax Office as well they will info you of what you need to

Back to top Go down

Post by dzanzio Tue 16 Jul 2013, 13:25

hey teen, thats what i told him to do but he wanted to see if maybe someone was in the same situation and got it resolved by the lawfirm
dzanzio
dzanzio
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next