Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a quick question?

2 posters

Go down

Just a quick question? Empty Re: Just a quick question?

Post by HAPPYCRAZY Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:22

Can someone tell me what it feels like to get and hold a chq.  navylady hope you get it sq off. Its bad enougth to wait this long, and then find out you got the wrong cal on your chq, or maybe not. I personally that SISIP would have to make sure its done correct, they don't need this coming back to them.  Everyone will know, and be asking for a recount lol God forbid that would happen lol.  Oh what will they do Shocked  for more info. isn't there an overseeer to chq and make sure things are done right?Question
HAPPYCRAZY
HAPPYCRAZY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 16:25

Thanks Propat, I will enjoy my renovations (if that's possible (haha), And maybe a real honeymoon - without kids this time sunny I am sure glad the wait is over and I am praying God speed for all those that are left Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 13:46

not a problem navylady I was stumped and thinking the same as you were for a while till I remembered this. enjoy your refund but don't forget to pay yourself.

best of luck

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 13:31

Thanks propat Very Happy I was really trying hard not to think that this was "an immoral proceedure" that they were doing! It's so hard to trust any corporations now-a-days, but I do trust you all here on CSAT!!!!! Thank-you again, I am breather a lot easier now that I understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 13:02

ok got it I think??? SISIP does not deduct any indexing which I forgot about prior to my initial post after thinking about your situation for a while it came to me sory about the confusion. your first year they deduct it dollar for dollar the second year they deduct only what they deducted the first year not your indexing the third year they deduct what they deducted the first year not your last two years of indexing and so on. so it will be less than the dva amount.

sorry for the confusion

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:30

Hi Propat, No-I had absolutely no lag time at all. I went from my 2-year training phase directly onto LTD without missing a month of salary, My issue is where they say I received "X" amount of dollars in one month from VAC, when I actually received more? They were using a lessor amount to do my calculations. Over the period of 10 years, I randomly checked a few months and they were off by sometimes $80.00 per month and sometimes $25.00 per month. Is this a tax thing? Were they not supposed to use the exact amount of monies I received from VAC to do my calculations?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:16

navlady if you have no lag between DVA and sisip ( you didn't get sisip for a while after you got out) that could explain it if not then you have a problem and need to double check the dates on your worksheet against your personal records to see how accuate they are.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:05

No, my SISIP cheque was always my big one, my VAC amount was always smaller, so I don't understand why they didn't use the exact amount that Vac had paid me for their calculations?
I was a private when I was released so the amounts were always small and sisip topped me up to the 75%

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:00

pvg is correct if you were receiving a monthly check from sisip the entire time it should be equal if not it will likely be less.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 11:58

Hi PVG, no the amount in my "gross offset amount" column is less that what I had received from VAC - sometimes by approx $80.00 in one month. I randomly checked a few of the other months over the years I was receiving VAC and none of them were correct? Is this some sort of tax issue or am I missing something in the translation of the whole calculation aspect????

Back to top Go down

Post by PGV Mon 12 Aug 2013, 11:46

If you recieved more DVA then your SISIP amount was then you have a difference.
PGV
PGV
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question? Empty Just a quick question?

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 11:34

I received my package today and perhaps I am wrong about the calculations but isn't the "gross offset amount" supposed to match exactly what VAC had sent me over the years? - Mine are not adding up (at all), they are close but shouldn't they be exact?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down