Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Questions From Zero Sum Clients for Our Legal Team to Hopefully Answer ...

Go down

Some Questions From Zero Sum Clients for  Our Legal Team to  Hopefully Answer ... Empty Re: Some Questions From Zero Sum Clients for Our Legal Team to Hopefully Answer ...

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 16:03

I am all for the class action getting the money they deserve for the good work done : I mean let's face it there is no way we would be so close to getting our money without their help!! Peter Driscoll will know if the Govt can be ordered by the Judge to pay ALL the legal Fees, now as to where it comes from that I would REALLY like to know - is it from extras like Damages or from other funds. What counts is to find out if Gov can be made to pay it all and we don't have to pay anything period. Over to you Legal Beagles and thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Some Questions From Zero Sum Clients for  Our Legal Team to  Hopefully Answer ... Empty Re: Some Questions From Zero Sum Clients for Our Legal Team to Hopefully Answer ...

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 14:37

Yes , I dont know about the other provinces but in Ontario a court can award legals fees to the planitiff which means the defendant pays if he loses the case. Also why would you want legal fees paid out of damages, Recon, it should not come out of damages. We should not have to pay anything period. The government lost and is, and should have to pay legal fees. Damages are for the class action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 14:19

Hello
What append whith me and somme guy like me
We are medical release until 2004 and 2005
No money from sisip
Juste military pension and vétérans
So what the next ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 13:54

SNRNAVCOM , from Ont. brought up an important point : hence , A Question for our Legal Team or TeenTitan through Peter Driscoll ................. Can the Gov't be Ordered to pay all Legal Fee's as part of Damages Awarded to all Zero Sum Clients ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:26

I dont think interest will be based on the CPI because every year the base amount of your sisip ltd payment is indexed by 2 percent. The judge will set a interest rate based on his discreation and the interest will be compounded from the beganning. Just for example say you are owed 10000 first year, after that year if the interest rate is say 3 percent(which is low) you now have10300. The next year you get your 10000 owed but now interest is owed on 20300 and keeps going every year this is the magic of compound interest. It really adds up. As for damages, they are usually based on degree of damage that each individual has suffered according to precendent. Say someone on sisip ltd for only 2 years and lost only 5000 dollars. His damages would be less than someone who say has been on sisip ltd for 10 years has been a zero sum client. The zero sum client has been damaged more than someone who has received income relacement. A good example of this is the recent class action that wrapped up in Ontario regarding the discrimation of Ontario nurses. Different rates of damage were awarded based on the degree of suffering by each individual. Third point , I think we should write the lawyers here on this post(because every vet knows Vvi is the best and both set of lawyers are reading our posts) That the main issue going forward for us is for the government to do the right thing and pay our lawyers legal fees. This is a no-brainer, the government made us suffer all these year and worse of all fought this case to the point that they could not win. This was abusive on their behalf and clearly a human rights violation. The government needs to take the upper hand and pay our legal fees and pay our lawyers good. If they had did the right thing in the beganning none of us would have been put throu this ordeal. They paid maher araher(????? spelling) for his human rights violation so its a matter of honor for this government. Dont forget we served, we could not go home when we wanted, we got hurt, we paid into sisip ltd, then you denied us what was legally ours. So the ball should be in our court, it should be us telling the government what we deserve, and them simply agreeing and writing the cheque.
navrat out

Back to top Go down

Some Questions From Zero Sum Clients for  Our Legal Team to  Hopefully Answer ... Empty Another question

Post by 2 Truck Sun 02 Sep 2012, 08:46

Are damages awarded tax-free?

2 Truck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Some Questions From Zero Sum Clients for  Our Legal Team to  Hopefully Answer ... Empty Some Questions From Zero Sum Clients for Our Legal Team to Hopefully Answer ...

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 00:24

1 . Will compounded interest on our Retroactive Lump Sum equal that of the Nation's Annual Indexing each Jan.01 for example from 2002 to 2012 an increase of 22 % added to the retroactive lump sum in my case , Recon031 ?
2. What might be the Standard amount of Damages our Legal Team are seeking for All Zero Sum Clients ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down