Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question

2 posters

Go down

Question Empty Re: Question

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 17:46

roadkingclaw, good for you, fight to the end. These types of situations can be challenging, but with a positive mind set, anything can be accomplished.
Your determination and effort may inspire others in the same situation to follow suit.
It seems as though Supreme is willing to help you out.
So I wish you the best of luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 16:11

I answer questions. But emails are more secure then here abcsoflaw@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 16:06

The only way one will win with sisip after the 120 day application timeline is if you can prove unfit to make healthy conscious decisions regarding your life and well being. The charter of human rights protects us all. I'm not going to use the charter as a challenge option with them for her, because once a charter challenge is introduced people clam up and then the legal team handle things. I do not nor feel it will go that far with this ladies case. But getting back to the only way I can see someone win years later...is exactly like I said. 1. One would have to prove medically that they were not fit mentally to apply within the 120 days. 2. The only way I think that someone can get sisip years later is if they have PTSD. 3. With PTSD, it is probable to not be able to make proper sound choices when releasing. As well PTSD was not really open talk or diagnosed with soldiers...until nowadays one is more likely to be found and screened for PTSD. So in other words it is more likely then notably soldiers slipped through the cracks with PTSD and back then there was no screenings...only physical ones i.e body and not mind. So in my opinion one can use the PTSD to there advantage when getting the sisip after the fact and past the 120 day clause. Because screening was not present. And now people can get a diagnosis of PTSD, dated by the psych doctor back to they're release date. Then take that to sisip...apply with reasoning as to why 1. They were missed on release. 2. They have grounds now as to why they never applied on release. Plus!!!! There's the factor of suck it up buttercup in the mix as well. Many people releasing were not just going to bleed they're heart out and say " I'm f****d up, I need help" that was few and far between. Because we all knew the "MIR commando" term. I'm going to win it for her, and I usually do not think so positive.

Supreme out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 15:48

A few mounth ago i sent an email to Peter Mckay and the same letter to dnd ombudsman, i explained my case, and also that i got my liberation item changed in 2008, that's 8 years after my very wrongfull non medical release; the answer was negative about being able to to get sisip. The problem is that i never got a medical when i was released in 2000, i could not apply for VAC or sisip, it took me years to be approved by VAC, i'm still waiting for a letter from archives in Ottawa that proves these facts, i'm sure it exist but Ottawa does not seem to be in a hurry about sending me a copy.
I asked them (PM and ombudsman) if anyone else got their release item changed then applied to sisip and got accepted, got no answer on that.
Thanks to you guys i now have an answer.
I will fight to the end, i will get justice.

Supreme what are your taughts about my case ?

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 14:24

I know 2 cases that left the Forces and changed their item of liberation more then 10 years later and after the motive being medical were changed, Sisip payed back till the release date!

I have heard that since 2012, the Forces don't want to change anymore release items for medical but if a problem it can always be done after asking DND thrue Judicial review!

Hope this helps!
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:52

I was in the same situation and was approved.
Imwas released in 1999 volontary, in depression. In 2003 it was diagnosed that at time of release i had ptsd. It was changed to 3b and sisip approved me as well as vac.
Tell her to fight it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:45

See, if age is deemed unfit on release...it relieves her of her responsibility of applying within the 120 days, That's my angle and a colleague agrees as well. Psych doc states it a well. Sisip manager I spoke to said ok..."sounds good to me" submit it on grounds...so I'm sure it will be processed...as well I will make sure you all know whether its a yes or no regardless the outcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:31

Hope all goes well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:18

trooper wrote:Supreme, nice to hear that you are helping her out.

Best of luck.
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:53

Supreme, nice to hear that you are helping her out.

Best of luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:43

I'll let you know how I make out for her. Pretty sure I'll get it approved. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:37

In my years of advocating I have never heard anyone getting approved after the 120 days.

But with the NVC in play now apply under that...maybe???
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:32

Sorry that I cant say, and or know anyone in that situation.

However I would like to point out to you that, the appeal process through the adjudicator is currently on hold, until all parties involved decide how appeals will be dealt with.

Back to top Go down

Question Empty Question

Post by Ex Member Wed 14 Aug 2013, 09:42

Sisip members of class,

I have a lady that's been denied based on the 120 day timeframe of applying. She released back in 1994, diagnosed with PTSD years later but diagnosed as having PTSD in 1994 when releasing. Which is on paper. My question for you all is this: Have any of you been approved past the 120 day timeframe? Or years after release? She has good grounds for resubmission, and I believe I can win it with her psychologists diagnosis but I am wondering just how many have won that were past the 120 day timeframe of applying. I have spoke to Sisip, Manulife and they seem positive but I learned along time ago not to trust the words of people over a landline. Is it possible to get a show of hands who were approved past the 120 days?

Supreme

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down