Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIGN OUR PETITION! OUR LAWSUIT NEEDS YOU

+3
peep
Rifleman
Jeffery M
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SIGN OUR PETITION! OUR LAWSUIT NEEDS YOU Empty Re: SIGN OUR PETITION! OUR LAWSUIT NEEDS YOU

Post by bigrex Tue 27 Aug 2013, 13:45

Well, not sure which RCMP officer you are referring to but the one who initiated their class action lawsuit passed away, and the torch was passed on. Also, illnesses and other lives often interrupt peoples CSAT participation, as you yourself went AWOL for quite a while. But that doesn't mean that you or anyone else didn't continue to fight for Veterans rights, they just chose to do it offline. The one thing that may hurt the those affected by this lawsuit financially, is the lump sums that have already been paid out will likely have to be recovered from any possible payout, most likelely cancelling out any possible retroactive pension amounts, as well as reducing possible future payments, depending on the amounts received and when.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

SIGN OUR PETITION! OUR LAWSUIT NEEDS YOU Empty Re: SIGN OUR PETITION! OUR LAWSUIT NEEDS YOU

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 00:00

That will win

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 23:56

I support your cause, I have great admiration in your passion as well as the few others out there that want change, I to want change but when push comes to shove, most bail. And that is where the problem lies. Now not to go after anyone in the class action sisip, I am very happy with anyone that can get money back from the GOC. But it's like this. When alot of people went to the hearing and all gathered, some traveled quite far as well. I wonder how many would have showed up if there was zero monetary gain for most of those people at the sisip hearing. I don't know, but go getters all pumped up to get justice or think they're superman, then get nowhere...then they fade into the abyss. Remember that RCMP sgt that was here...in an association...posting that he's going to conquer the GOC, win the wars...etc etc. where is he now. It saddens me to say the above but it's true. Until everyone and I mean everyone unites instead of ego and tons of groups created and dissapear, nothing will change. Unity and force by numbers...that's the answer. I agree with lawsuits but sisip will be the last one in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Sun 25 Aug 2013, 20:11

Zero sum, I'm with you. I'm willing and ready to meet veterans in a day of protest.
I will pack the grenade pin I've carried; a burden upon my mind, as a reminder of what the cost of war is, his life for mine.
When I threw that grenade that day, in the midst of chaos, engulfed in combat inside Pashmul, I was never alone. We are never alone. And I would throw it again..

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 12:42

We as veterans have our own day of remembrance...is there a tomb of the unknown politician? I strongly believe that we should show up in force...(not that type of force RR), but gather as a group on Remembrance Day to protest our government as they lay wreaths in their fallacy of hypocritical BS, pretending to honor our own fallen, those who served and those who continue to serve. Let's turn the tables on these obese policy makers and ask them why THEY feel they're entitled to huge expense accounts, huge tax-free pensions, and all the other perks they've written into the books...and all the while the worst possible thing that could happen to them is a massive case of piles from sitting on their asses all day, arguing like children amongst one another...while we kept them safe.

A Bill of Rights is all we can demand for now, otherwise take up arms and force a change...either/or, I'm up for both. Who do we complain to? Anyone who listens...the public, the voters who put these clowns into office...let them know that their tax money is being squandered on "supposed" government business trips to sunny climes, while they blow hundreds of thousands on souvenirs, booze, 5 star restaurants and hookers. Anyone ever been to the Staff College in Kingston...aka Fort Frontenac? They go on monthly "fact finding" missions to the prime destination spots around the globe on tax-payers money...more money is spent there than on any one base in Canada. RMC, another fargin' joke...graduating huge classes of officers yearly, then buying out the remainder of their contracts at top dollar, none of these a-holes never having to do an honest days work in the CF...even hiring former graduates as "assistant professors", yet none of them ever show up for work...I know, I live down the street from one of those a-holes who brags about it while he drives around in his $120k Mercedes. Yet the people who actually do the work and make the tough sacrifices to keep this country free are treated as 3rd class citizens...and the proof is in the words of our own governing body. It's sad to say but, maybe we need another world war to make them open their eyes and have the appreciation there once was for service personnel and veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Sun 25 Aug 2013, 11:00

200,000 names are what we need..

The laws of the land are a moral obligation to God. The rules within it however, are more personal.

We signed on the dotted line as ordinary Canadians, to do extraordinary things. The acceptance of this duty can drive our own belief, that out fate is driven by the decisions of others..when in fact the obedient soldier plays by the rules of HIS choosing. If playing with fire can burn, so be it. I voted while in uniform; good ole Stephen Q Harper. It's time he face us and accept his fate... This is a two way street.

The mark we need to achieve in this petition is 200,000 names..a daunting task?? No.....it doesn't have to be. It shouldn't be.
What we need are ordinary Canadians to do an ordinary thing. And stand behind an extraordinary demographic...their Canadian Forces personnel.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 08:42

Ok Jeffery we have signed on and now what is our next step I seriously want to help now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Sun 25 Aug 2013, 02:01

I agree with both of you gentlemen. A solution to this dilemma, however, IS TO SUE the government.

Ole Stephen is looking rather tired these days. He looks a litte burnt out..aww poor little guy

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 01:21

Ya a bill of rights LMFAO. So when yor rights are violated...who do you contact regarding a violation? Ombudsman?....nooooo. Vac?...nooooo. DND? Noooooo. I was face to face with the ombudsman last year. I asked him " so if my rights are violated as per the Bill of Rights, who helps me " it was funny cause he said...." I'm not quite sure" not quite sure? Are you kidding me! Cause he knows damn straight he is politically appointed and has little say. A political position to appease and mask the GOC and they're interest in Veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 00:18

I think before these a-holes even think of diminishing the contribution of CF members and all veterans, that they should walk a mile in our shoes. We inherently are different that all other social classes, as they aren't required to make huge sacrifices, even the ultimate one while serving Big Macs to Harper and his cronies. If they hate living in a free society that came off of the backs of all veterans, perhaps they should move to Afghanistan, or any other country that Canadian blood has been spilled in...then let's see them try to tarnish all of our contributions that have kept our country free. We need an appropriate bill of rights that protects us from dickheaded bureaucrats that at a whim can strip us of such fundamentals as stated in the Pension Act...I say no more...no more allowing this to happen due to the fat cats in Ottawa pulling the strings...phucking conservatives, all retards...simple-minded con-artists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 22:08

bloggins, the NVC ~ New Veterans Charter is the issue at hand in the news article I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 21:45

When they (the news) are talking about Veterans pension in the news article,

which one are they trying to convey to the public, Pension Act, CF, NVC...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:58

Rex I agree, anyone that would choose the lump sum would be silly by that person. The element I do not agree with is the fact that anyone who is mentally ill (PTSD) recieves lumps sum payments. The GOC allows the mentally disabled lump sums? To people that cannot manage mentally...I cannot imagine someone thats disabled getting money when they're judgment is not what it should be.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:49

I think one argument that hasn't been brought up is that those who joined the military before the NVC was enacted should be grandfathered to the PA. When they joined that was the legislation in force for if the became disabled. CF Members have been grandfather to old TOS's when new one were brought in, in the past. Grandfathering is a common practice when dealing with the military, and the public service in General. So therefor even if the judge determines that the NVC lump sum payment is lawful, everyone who signed the dotted line before Apr 1st, 2006, should be grandfathered to the PA act until the day they die, especially where there was no real widespread consultation with Veterans, let alone those still serving and fighting a war. Could you imagine asking a soldier who just finished a foot patrol in Afghanistan, if he would prefer a one time payment capped at $250000 (at the time), or a life long pension if on a future patrol he was injured by an IED. I can't see to many choosing the lump sum.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 08:54

But I signed it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next