Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAN SOMEONE ANWSER THIS QUESTION---SISIP TAKES LIFE TIME INSURANCE AND REPLACES IT WITH 65

2 posters

Go down

CAN SOMEONE ANWSER THIS QUESTION---SISIP TAKES LIFE TIME INSURANCE AND REPLACES IT WITH 65 Empty Re: CAN SOMEONE ANWSER THIS QUESTION---SISIP TAKES LIFE TIME INSURANCE AND REPLACES IT WITH 65

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 17:41

This issue has been ongoin for years, it's the same for are pensions VS CPP. Peter Stoffer is are best bet in the mater. He has been naggin GOC for years on the mater.

Back to top Go down

CAN SOMEONE ANWSER THIS QUESTION---SISIP TAKES LIFE TIME INSURANCE AND REPLACES IT WITH 65 Empty Re: CAN SOMEONE ANWSER THIS QUESTION---SISIP TAKES LIFE TIME INSURANCE AND REPLACES IT WITH 65

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 17:18

It was the same for my husband. When he signed in 1970, it was for life. He was released medically in 1995 and passed away in 2007.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 14:01

Yep, lets get this issue rolling!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:10

It should not be that way!!!! When we joined and started paying for sisip, it was with the understanding that it was good for life! To change the contract for those who were in that circumstance is just WRONG!!!!! When I signed that contract, it was for life.....I hope to live longer than 65 years!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:18

Yeah, this really sucks. I lost out by getting out in 96. How is that right that so many have it until death but I don't. So a difference of one day, will make the difference for some as to whether they get benefits to age 65 or till they die. I think this is worthy of another lawsuit.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

CAN SOMEONE ANWSER THIS QUESTION---SISIP TAKES LIFE TIME INSURANCE AND REPLACES IT WITH 65 Empty CAN SOMEONE ANWSER THIS QUESTION---SISIP TAKES LIFE TIME INSURANCE AND REPLACES IT WITH 65

Post by HAPPYCRAZY Wed 04 Sep 2013, 06:46

Suspect Could someone tell me if they're also going to look at the change in SISIP cut-off dates. When I was serving and paying into SISIP between 1972 and Dec 31, 1994, benefits were contracted to be life-time. Then out of nowhere in January 1995 this was changed to benefits ending at age 65. Of course, I was medically released early 1995. Trust me, members paying into this did not expect age cut-off changes.

Not only did they clawback our benefits - they completely changed the contract mid-stream. I am not sure if Judge B. is looking into this, but I think it should be considered as an extra 5-year clawback to everyone medically released after January 1, 1995.

Anyone know anything about whether this was brought forward to the legals? Or have some idea about this topic:?: confused 
HAPPYCRAZY
HAPPYCRAZY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down