Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wait time for a result after ombudsman office takes your case.?

Go down

Wait time for a result after ombudsman office takes your case.? Empty Re: Wait time for a result after ombudsman office takes your case.?

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2019, 17:11

My only experience with the Veterans Ombudsman was about 4 years ago. VAC tried to axe my cannabis prescription approval, after I'd been approved about 6 months earlier.

I called the Ombudsman's office explained the situation. They called VAC, and I have no idea who they spoke with, but VAC reversed their decision 48 hours later, no appeal process.

That was the end of the issue. I've never heard anything else about it.

Back to top Go down

Wait time for a result after ombudsman office takes your case.? Empty Re: Wait time for a result after ombudsman office takes your case.?

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 08 Dec 2019, 16:49

So if a veteran has made an appeal that is denied, that is vac investigating vac, but when an ombudsman picks up a vets file and begins advocating on their behalf. Who exactly does the ombudsman rep present the veterans case to?The actual ombudsman, the minister of va, or just some board made up of VAC members?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2019, 14:43

You'd have to ask the Office of the Ombudsman that question.
If they are handling the situation, they'd be in best position to answer your query.

Back to top Go down

Wait time for a result after ombudsman office takes your case.? Empty Wait time for a result after ombudsman office takes your case.?

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 05 Dec 2019, 19:47

I understand it’s about an 8 week turn around for the results of a VRAB appeal with BPA, but how long is the wait for an outcome after assigned an officer from the ombudsman office to look into a wrong doing.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down