Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP and CAR info reg force

Go down

SISIP and CAR info reg force Empty SISIP and CAR info reg force

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:17

A few members asked me this question so I thought i would post it
Hey Robbie ref: LTD, will our monthly [b][u]premiums[/u][/b] spike due the class action?
Actually [b][u]no[/u][/b] as you do not pay a monthly premium for SISIP LTD Benefits as this monthly source of income was what you paid while serving in the CF, in fact SISIP actually pays you.
Treasury Board of Canada (TBC) pays 100% of the premiums for claims involving service-related injuries and illnesses. However, for claims involving non service-related injuries and illnesses, TBC pays 85% of the total premiums while Regular Force personnel pay the remaining 15%; total contribution of the member is 0.171% of monthly salary.
Also be advised you have 120 days to apply for LTD Benefits even if you voluntarily release or any other release method, I do not now about dishonorable though.
 However your C.A.R. will change in accordance to the guidelines already stipulated in your policy ref age and all the good stuff, but be vigilant while looking over your CAR monthly amount and make sure you are advised when it goes up as this is the usual practice.

Back to top Go down