Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+23
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
liverlover
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
27 posters

Page 9 of 65 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 37 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:53

If someone formally wanted to submit a grievance to CRA they should contact  the Commissioner and Chief Executive Officer who is the head of the agency and its Board of Management, consisting of 15 members, 11 of whom are nominated by the provinces and territories.  The current Commissioner and Chief Executive Officer of CRA is Andrew Treusch, appointed in December 2012.

I think in part the 1198 issues are due to the Federal Governments domestic and international tax depts both facing funding and staffing cuts over the next three years, according to the agency’s report on plans and priorities.
I would think that the Head of the Compliance Dept was apprised of the onslaught of 1198's that were coming down the pipes but not unlike the military,  we know from experience that Rank has privilege  (no offense to any high ranking Officers on CSAT) and maybe the higher ranks assumed their staff could do more with less but clearly can not. Then again, don't forget the large group of CRA staff who won it big in the Lotto's when the 1198's were piling in. Maybe the morale is low at CRA due to cut backs and win falls and who knows maybe CRA staff thought we too had hit the lottos and they had little motivation to perform due diligence.
I don't think MC owes us an apology for CRA blunders. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:48

I think maybe the lawyers should take a consensus of how many class members have had problems regarding the 1198. If it is proven that more than 25% of the class had to resubmit their paperwork and seek an adjustment, then it could be considered far more than just an acceptable rate of errors, and therefor request an apology.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:18

I personally think that some of the reasons why it took so long for the CRA to complete our returns,and the waiting continues today,
is first that no attempts were made to address this from the start.
Once the problems began, it just caused a snowball effect, no one took control except for the good people from the resolution centre.
If we look at the way in which most returns are submitted today, most are done electronically, which makes less work for the agents as far as hands on goes.
So you could Imagine how pissed some were when the flood of paper returns came trucking in, with each carrying and 1198.
However, the CRA was well informed of this before it even began, was this passed on up and or down the chain, I highly doubt it.
Having said all that, you would think that some sort of and apology would be in order here, after all, what amount of stress has this caused to the Veteran.
I think at the end of the day one must look at this whole ordeal as a one time event, and move on.
We all have served and became responsible in which ever trade we were in, it's difficult to understand how such and organization like the CRA
could have been taken completely off guard with respect to completing our returns, and are still today, working on our returns.

As far as cut backs goes in being a contributing factor in all of this, maybe, or maybe not.
That is their problem to deal with, we have to deal with our own cut backs, as it refers to us.

Speaking of cut backs, I am most definitely against any cut backs that would relate to defence/Veterans.
However, I would like to give my opinion on why I think this government has made such drastic cuts.
This government is set on the economy, and let's be realistic here, what do most Canadians want in this Country,
they want a solid economy, the government knows this full well, and that is what they are focused on.
I think in order for the government to accomplish this, is to make cuts, now it is not and easy task to do,
but they have done it, and now they are going into a 2015 election with a surplus, and don't be surprised if tax cuts do come in the next spring budget.
It is to bad that they cut in defence/Veterans, that is one area that should never be cut.
Now having said all that, I will give my opinion as to who I think will win the next Federal election,
I think that the Conservatives will be re elected, for the said above reasons.
What will this mean for Veterans going forward if this turns out to be the case ?
I guess we will just have to continue fighting, we are use to it, and the more the courts get involved, the more of a chance of us winning.
One must also ask themselves this, would the Veterans be better off with the Liberals and or NDP in power ?

Just my opinion, no more to it than that.

Back to top Go down

Post by abetterway Sat 27 Sep 2014, 00:33

Maybe this has something to do, with the slow processing of our 2013 tax files??????

CRA’s incentive-based ‘whistleblower’ program draws more than 1,000 calls

A new program at the Canada Revenue Agency that promises to pay informants who help track down tax cheats — a first in Canada — has generated a flurry of more than 1,000 calls leading to nearly 100 active cases, the Financial Post has learned.

What does it take to be jailed in Canada for a tax offence?

Under our tax system, Canadians can land in jail for a variety of tax offences but the chances of actually going to prison are very small and may become even more unlikely if the Canada Revenue Agency acts on its plan to cut auditors in 2015.
Read more
Some 300 of the initial calls were from “informants,” according to the CRA.

Cheers everyone.
John.

abetterway
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2013-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 17:30

good points trooper

point 1 and 2 are just as correct as they were a couple of years ago when I first tried to point them out at about the same time the CRA was telling me and many others they had no idea what DEEMED TAX is even though I kept telling them is does exist all I want to know is the exact calculation but I ended up finding out on my own.

on point 3 the notional top up would have NO EFFECT on any relief if granted anyone telling you any difference either doesn't know what their talking about ore is full of crap either way I would take what they say with a grain of salt.

but that rest of that point has always been true much like the first two points I halve allways known this and put that info out their.

is having a rejected request for tax relief any good to you?

probably just a waste of the ten minuets it takes to fill it out and lets face it who has a spare 10 minuets to waste now a days .

then again they use to calculate penalties and interest differently for those accepted for tax relief and by the law they could.

then came along a guy named booser I believe his name was and challenged the calculation in court as to the intent of the fairness provision.

well what do you know the supreme court said he was right.

he and anyone else that that had their tax relief calculate the old way from the date of the suit got a pile of money back.

hmmmm is the fact that those that get their money in the year they were supposed to but do not pay their tax for some reason get a chance to apply for tax relief (like booser)and those that don't get the money in those years making it impossible for them to pay their taxes cannot seek tax relief FAIR?????

does this legally satisfy the intent of the fairness provision????????

does the fact that I can find no place in the ITA its regulations, schedules, attachments ore amendments defining the calculations as deemed tax mean anything????

does the fact the only defined name I could find in all of these publications is prescribed rate of interest mean anything?????

will any one ever challenge this unfair practise as to the intent of the fairness provision????

in the end its up to you but don't let me ore anyone else for that matter make up your mind do your own research yourself , don't bother with it ore say frack the research ill just take the ten minuets fill and out the form its a lot faster than doing the research.

but I have learned as many of you have by now DONT LISTEN TO ORE TRUST THE CRA!!!!!

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 15:32

I would like to pass on the following information that I have just received, this info is not info that is written on paper,
also the information is not concrete, however it has sold me, and I am now at the end of my fight.
Those who are not satisfied with it, and or don't believe it to be true, fill your boots and continue to fight.

This info has to do with DEEMED TAXES that were applied to us when the CRA calculated our 1198.
This info also only deals with the SISIP law suit, it does not reflect any other area where DEEMED TAXES may or may not be applied.

Awhile back I had posted where a group of Veterans including myself requested and investigation into the legality of the CRA
applying these DEEMED TAXES to us.
The questions asked was,
1. Can they the CRA apply these taxes to us when completing our 1198.
  The answer given to me was yes.

2. What measures if any can be taken by the Veteran to have these DEEMED TAXES waived.
   The answer given to me was none.

3. What about the tax payer relief form.
   The answer that was given to me was twofold,
   first, the court settlement allowed for a notional top up, which was put in place to offset what taxes we would have to pay.
   Second, DEEMED TAXES by law is not considered a penalty therefore leaving the relief form invalid for our case.

Also, our concerns were brought up before the highest positions within the CRA,
all concerns were looked at to include the law of which deals to our situation.
I personally am satisfied that no stone was left unturned here,
these individuals had our best interest at hand here in their fight for us.
I am extremely thankful to them for looking into this for us.
So for me I will now let this part of this go, and now take it as a learning experience.

I also raised concerns about Veterans who may have not been informed of the CRA missing some 1198's,
and did not inform the CRA of this, resulting in them not getting their chance to benefit from it.
They told me to pass on to all to reach out anyway you can to find these Veterans, in other words,
pass info at your Legions and so on.
I also raised concerns about some Veterans who are still waiting for the CRA to complete their 1198.
What was told to me is to relay to both those who have not been informed of missing of the 1198,
and to those that have yet to have their 1198 completed, to contact the resolution centre at 1 877 440 4948.
They are fully aware of this, and will be more then happy to assist any one Veteran who contacts them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 06:58

ya peep buds that really blows all I can say is if you have a letter of refusal on your request for tax relief keep it in a safe place it may be worth a pile of deemed tax dollars somewhere down the road.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014, 20:28

Well, you gave it your best shot, not much more you can do.

If your thinking the same way as I am, pay them off, and hope you don't have to go through that again.
Don't really know if I could handle another ordeal like that.

I am looking forward to doing my taxes next year, no ordeal, back to normal again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 24 Sep 2014, 18:52

Sorry to hear that peep

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 24 Sep 2014, 14:36

Well the resolution centre phoned me and they have tried everything in the book. So I am stuck owing 14,900. But that is down from 24,900. Well I will make payments now. Was a good battle.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014, 19:42

Foundry,

hope you get some results soon, these people are not what I would call, ( on the ball )

Just a reminder that you can contact the resolution centre at 1 877 440 4948
and you can send your paper work to them for a fast and speedy result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 23:18

Thanks every one, I did send in all the required docs at tax time, and resent them yesterday, they have them they are just pissing around if the people at CRA cant figure out what to do we are in trouble as a country. I will take the letter and send it to my accountant who is quite disturbed by what is going on, this is the second time that the CRA retards have miss placed or lost papers that I have sent to them in regards to the lump sum payments and as a side note my brother is being audited by them as well and has never been in the armed forces so is not involved in the class action. May be nothing just worth putting out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 19:42

The way in which I read the post is that the CRA is asking for a confirmation/proof of the amount of legal fees payed.

This proof would come in the form of the receipt that was provided to us from MC.

That is why I was asking him if he attached it to his return, cause if he did, they lost it.

Also when claiming such fees it is not necessary to provide proof of the amount when sending in your return,
however, if asked for by the CRA, you will have to provide it to them.

However, it is always a good Idea to attach it when sending in the return,
this way if they don't lose it, they will have it first hand, and it is one less delay to worry about,
god knows we have enough of those already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:21

F foundry wrote:I received a letter from CRA today requesting proof in 30 days of the amount for legal fees, They have had my return since Jun 2, called them 11 weeks later to ask what the problem is and they launched an inquire that I was told would take 6 - 8 weeks now this letter so I am assuming that this will take a lot longer.

I am guessing that the more you ask question the longer it will take CRA to get this done.
F foundry take a copy of the letter I posted yesterday and send a copy to CRA along with your proof of legal fees and the matter should be resolved end stop. Hope this helps.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 9 Empty Here is the documentation to secure our rights to claim legal fees etc

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 20:40

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 9 CRAletter-page-001_zps5d3c576d
Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 9 CRAletter-page-002_zps512870e0
Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 9 CRAletter-page-003_zps14564d67
Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 9 CRAletter-page-004_zps2ff3ca02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 65 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 37 ... 65  Next