Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+23
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
liverlover
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
27 posters

Page 36 of 65 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 50 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 36 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by peep Mon 09 Jun 2014, 14:01

Because they did mine also first, they removed my pension splitting, as they though I was single. Bone heads.
I sent them a step by step simple cover letter, but organization is not one of CRA's strong points
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 09 Jun 2014, 13:55

What I find interesting, is that even though both mine and my wife's returns were mailed together in the same envelope, the one stating  that I owed several thousand has been completed and the notice of assessment sent out, but my wife's, who is supposed to be getting a several hundred dollar refund, is still being worked on. Even though my return was far more complicated, with several T4A's, a T5, and the legal fees receipt, and the DTC, while hers only consisted of the amount allowable for pension splitting (and they did mine wrong to boot). So nobody can tell me that CRA doesn't put a priority on those returns that will result in owing more in taxes, over those with refunds owing.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 13:50

Sapper, Parkvilles has a nice sound to it, Do they accept Navrats?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 09 Jun 2014, 12:28

Thanks for the kind words and advice. I am in Ontario on vacation...and was hoping beyond hope this would be over before the trip home. I called my MP in BC and they were kind enough to tell me that when one signs a release, that new entity has authority over your CRA account. So CRA doesn't deal with two people. Makes sense. Too bad the lady, in her broken english, at CRA, could not have relayed that info to me. She was rude and said we can no longer give you any information on your account.
Going for a beer. I do hope they aren't doing taxes alphabetically!!! I am Sapper Zodiak after all.
Thirsty Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 12:27

The nerve of them to actually change a line on your return , Trooper, unprofessional to say the least and Sap for them to restrict access, in called for and you guys need to be on the horn to your mp asap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 12:18

Let's do some speculating here,

Sapper we both have 20+ years that they have to calculate for us.
We know that going back 10 years for the CRA is easy and straight forward.
We also know that each year pass the 10 year mark gets a little harder for them to re assess, the more years pass this mark, the longer it will take.

I am thinking that when my paper return hit the assessment stage, they took one look at the number of years, and said screw this.
That is why they changed, and or modified my return, thinking that I will except the status quo.

We are Vets, we are disabled, but were not stupid.
They are messing with the wrong group, we will fight for our rights to have what is entitled to us come hell or high water.

Teen gave you some good advice with good info to boot, if your MP does not resolve this asap, this advice would be useful in your case.
Who do these people think they are, lazy, with no respect for the tax payers of this Country, let alone VETERANS !

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 09 Jun 2014, 11:48

Is that number only for the Hamilton or Ontario region? Does it work for Alberta?
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 11:45

Sapper contact your mp and give them that number I posted. No way to treat a veteran. These people at that office are senior CRA folks who can override and fix almost anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 09 Jun 2014, 11:33

Sapper if you didn't cuss at them they shouldn't have the right to cut you off. I'd be more then contacting your MP I'd contact the Ministers of Finance and Treasury Board. The PMO's office and the Auditor General. Then to make sure they understand how pissed off you are contact CTV or CBC. Also email Murray Brewster, google him, he loves writing stories like this.

If they want to screw with an Engineer show them how it doesn't matter what you put in front of me as I will figure out how to get around it, under it or over top of it. And if all else fails I'll blow the fecker up with a couple pounds of C4!!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3411
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 09 Jun 2014, 11:26

My gawrsh...just went from a peaceful mood to pissed off!! Just got off the phone with CRA, as "my account" online has been suspended. It seems I have lost ALL the Rights to my personal tax information because I contacted my MP, who I have never met!! The lady on the phone,ID # 01950PRA was very rude to me. They will not deal with me or post to my account anymore. Fricken chikn shiits. Now what to do?? Called my MP and left an urgent message. )*&$$^ing *&R%#@ers!
Steamin Sapper

Last edited by Sapper Zodiak on Mon 09 Jun 2014, 11:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : angry remarks removed...)

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 09 Jun 2014, 10:58

Guest room is vacant!! Hot tub on back deck...cold beer in fridge!!
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 10:19

Sapper, I just googled Parksville and all I can say is that I envy you.
Looks like a very nice place to settle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 09 Jun 2014, 09:54

Good morning gang...and BELEAF67...the tv works for the leafs games wherever you go!! I made a plan to exit my hometown when I knew the sisip saga was coming to an end. I had picked a place where the weather is fine, and winter is very mild. Like Trooper, I too need medical care, so I had to stay in-country. I picked my place on Vancouver Island by its name. "Parksville". Sounded nice. Packed up my few possessions and sold the rest in a massive yard sale. Headed out without knowing a soul. Save my best friend, my wife. And of course my dog, JUNO. Yes named after the famous beach-head. We re-invented ourselves in our new community. We made peace with things we could not change. Accepted that you can never go back. Its only in your memories. Life is good now. Vets plates on every second car. Very kind locals, who I must add, are from everywhere else. This is our one chance around the ride. I am not a religious man, so I don't pretend there is something else. This is it. Life. But live it. It is always now!!
Sincerely Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 09:35

Just and update on the number posted for the tax resolution.
I called first thing this morning, and spoke with a very nice lady who explain the following to me : In order for the resolution centre to help you with your problem, you must first contact your MP, and once your MP has contacted them, they will be able to start a case file for you.

So the number provided is still helpful, keep it handy in the event you may contact your MP, this number will allow to follow up on the progress of your case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 09:25

Well beleaf, yes I have considered it many times throughout my life, I think the only thing that stop me was the fact that I requirer constant medical care, in other words I have multiple conditions to deal with besides depression, so I have to stay close to my doctors.

I think for me, before I just pack up and leave, I would take a trip with no set time frame, just to get away from everything, sometimes that is all that is needed.

Also as we all know everyone deals with PTSD/ DEPRESSION in their own way, it affects us all in various ways, I think that if one can find something to lesson the impact of their anxiety, this would help some.
The problem is finding that something, for some it could take some time, for others not so much, but the important thing is, is to not give up, we must never give up.
You can have all the support/medication in place, but we must find it within ourselves, if not to overcome it, to at least help lesson some of the impact so that we can live a better life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 65 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 50 ... 65  Next