Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report release tomorrow - Review of the NVC - June 3th

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Report release tomorrow - Review of the NVC - June 3th Empty Report release tomorrow - Review of the NVC - June 3th

Post by cosmo12 Mon 02 Jun 2014, 08:47

Good morning guys;

heard on the news last friday that the committee will be tabling his report tomorrow.

Will see....

have a great day

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Report release tomorrow - Review of the NVC - June 3th Empty Re: Report release tomorrow - Review of the NVC - June 3th

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jun 2014, 09:02

I wonder if they wanted it out earlier than rth to deflect anything anyone says at rth?

Back to top Go down

Report release tomorrow - Review of the NVC - June 3th Empty Re: Report release tomorrow - Review of the NVC - June 3th

Post by cosmo12 Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:40

I would say yes... Looking for to see how quickly the gouvernment will act on it - for sure before RTH. We will see tomorrow.

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 02 Jun 2014, 15:30

Just found out the report will be tabled tomorrow and CPAC is carrying it. The report starts around 11:00 am
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jun 2014, 15:38

Teen , is there any intell floating around regarding this report, any leaks?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 02 Jun 2014, 15:40

None.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jun 2014, 16:36

Is that a good or bad thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 02 Jun 2014, 18:07

Ok, so the report is being tabled tomorrow, but does that mean we will be able to read it? Or do we have to wait another several days or weeks, before it is made public?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 02 Jun 2014, 21:04

The reports called "The New Veterans Charter: Moving Forward"
more info on release at link
http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=6632174&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=41&Ses=2

cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jun 2014, 22:16

thanks a lot 6608 I really appreciate that.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Tue 03 Jun 2014, 10:20

CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 03 Jun 2014, 10:54

There are some significant recommendations made in the report, and now it is a waiting game to see if the Government will act upon any of them, that will actually put more money into the pockets of Veterans. Specifically raising the ELB to 85% and non taxable, and making it a lifelong benefit(with survivor benefits).
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 11:03

With REc. 9 , I wonder if existing sisip ltd clients whose disability is service related will be transferred to VAC ELB as this clearly shows Sisip ltd is going to be phased out when it comes to service related coverage. This means a direct transfer upon release right to VAC for coverage and REHab. I wonder if this rec was being planned for awhile because I heard about this last year at the legion! One thing is for sure the Pension act is toast, its history , and is never coming back. Everyone must now accept the fact that there are two systems , everyone pre 2006 was lucky and hopefully with these improvements the future guys also make out ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 11:08

I wonder if the ELB at 85 percent of net and non taxable will apply to the sisip ltd clients as well or will there be a wholesale transfer of sisip ltd clients over to VAc elb? Many questions? Teen , what is the csat response? Anyone elses take on this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 11:54

good report doesn't go far enough but I guess you gotta start somewhere. THE BUYOUT HAS TO END!!!!

looking at the way the torries and fantino have treated disabled vets im not gonna hold my breath waiting for this government to implement ANY of these recommendations but hey im sure stranger things have happened.

here is to hopeing .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next